Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Hermit » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Joe wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:27 pm
Animavore wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:07 am
Hundreds of active-duty and retired law enforcement officers from across the United States are members of Confederate, anti-Islam, misogynistic or anti-government militia groups on Facebook, a Reveal investigation has found.

These cops have worked at every level of American law enforcement, from tiny, rural sheriff’s departments to the largest agencies in the country, such as the Los Angeles and New York police departments. They work in jails and schools and airports, on boats and trains and in patrol cars. And, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting discovered, they also read and contribute to groups such as “White Lives Matter” and “DEATH TO ISLAM UNDERCOVER.”
https://www.revealnews.org/article/insi ... fOHyjWToRk

Turns out a lot of cops are members of the same online groups as Cunt, 42, and Seth.
Seth was a cop, wasn't he?
He said he was, but he never told us about what he actually did as a cop, except for never having drawn is gun in all his time as a police officer. Given that he also related how he was a bullied, obese school boy wearing glasses with bottom-of-coca-cola-bottle grade lenses, I doubt he was ever let loose in the wild as a beat cop.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:32 pm

Who's going to post :hairfire: pieces about the horrible injustices perpetrated by the dreaded SJW horde here now that Forty Two has flounced? I guess it's at least somewhat problematic that without somebody to sift through right-wing outrage sources, members of this site may remain ignorant of the ways in which Cultural Marxists and other leftist scum are destroying civilization. Ah well.

It's problematic that an activist judge is wrongfully attempting to thwart the very important protection of religious freedom.

'Court refuses to dismiss lesbian couple's lawsuit alleging foster care discrimination'
A lesbian couple will have their day in court after the Trump administration denied them the chance to serve as foster parents to refugee children.

A federal judge has refused to dismiss the couple’s lawsuit against the Department of Health and Human Services alleging that they were discriminated against because of their sexual orientation.

On June 13, U.S. District Court Judge Amit Mehta of the District of Columbia denied motions brought by HHS and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which administers the government program, asking the court to dismiss the lawsuit from Texas couple Fatma Marouf and Bryn Esplin.

According to their complaint, the couple alleges they were denied the chance to even apply to serve as foster parents because the couple did not “mirror the Holy Family.”

“It was so shocking and hurtful to be told that we don’t qualify to foster refugee children because of who we are and who we love,” Marouf said in a statement following the court’s decision.

Marouf, the director of the Immigrant Rights Clinic at Texas A&M’s Law School, was invited by Catholic Charities of Fort Worth to learn about the organization’s work with an HHS-funded program allowing Americans to serve as foster parents to unaccompanied refugee minors and unaccompanied alien children.

The program is administered by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, which receives millions of dollars in government grants to identify eligible children and place them in homes that serve their best interests.

However, when Marouf and Esplin revealed they were a married same-sex couple, the director of international foster care at Catholic Charities of Fort Worth — a USCCB affiliate — told them they would not be allowed to apply because of objections to their family structure.

When Marouf asked about fostering LGBTQ-identifying children in the organization’s care, the director stated that none of the refugee children in its care were LGBTQ.

Marouf then emailed the Office of Refugee Resettlement, which oversees the HHS-funded foster care program, to inform it that she and her spouse had been discriminated against.
Nope, not a single lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, or queer child amongst them, and the good people at Catholic Charities of Fort Worth would know.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:36 pm

When will they learn? You don't put Catholic Bishops in charge of children.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:58 am

:fp:

Maybe SJWs are worse than Nazis... :nono:
Report: Nike Pulls Sneaker With ‘Betsy Ross’ Version of U.S. Flag After Colin Kaepernick Expressed Concerns
https://www.thedailybeast.com/report-ni ... d-concerns

Nike pulled a sneaker featuring an early version of the U.S. flag off shelves after endorser Colin Kaepernick reached out to the company and expressed concerns about the design, The Wall Street Journal reports. The Air Max 1 USA, reportedly created to celebrate the Fourth of July holiday, featured an embroidered 1770s “Betsy Ross” flag with 13 stars to represent the original colonies. The design was slated to go on sale this week, but the company reportedly asked stores to return the shoes with no explanation. Sources told the WSJ that Kaepernick reached out after seeing images of the shoes online, and said he and others thought the flag was an “offensive symbol because of its connection to an era of slavery[.]”

Kaepernick reportedly declined to comment. A Nike spokeswoman said the company decided “not to release the Air Max 1 Quick Strike Fourth of July as it featured the old version of the American flag.” However, the Journal reported that some of the shoes made it onto the market—with some selling a pair for up to $2,500 on shoe selling site StockX.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:01 am

Being hospitalized while black...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:57 pm

The Dalai Lama is "deeply sorry" about comments he made about women in a recent BBC interview, his office said in a statement on Tuesday.

"(In) responding to a question about whether his own reincarnation could be a woman, and suggesting that if she were she should be attractive, His Holiness genuinely meant no offence," the statement said.

"He is deeply sorry that people have been hurt by what he said and offers his sincere apologies."
:funny:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:58 pm

Being deeply sorry is more of a worry than letting slip the desire to be attractive! --seriously, is this what passes for sound thinking these days?

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:10 am

A mainstay of the Chinese summer, the ‘Beijing bikini,’ is under threat
Chinese authorities have tried over the years to ban all sorts of behaviors on the grounds that they are “uncivilized.” They’ve attempted to stop public spitting. They’ve tried to stop people from slurping their soup too loudly. They’ve had a go at prohibiting people from jaywalking and cutting in line.

Now, another staple of Chinese life is facing an existential crisis: The sartorial practice known — not always affectionately — as the “Beijing bikini,” although it is certainly not confined to the capital.
It is a sure sign that summer has arrived in China when men start rolling up their shirts, ideally resting them on the natural ledge of their beer belly.

The theory, based in traditional Chinese medicine, is that exposing one’s midriff helps air out the warm “chi” energy around the internal organs. So in parks and on street corners, on motorbikes and at open restaurants, men think nothing of pulling up their shirts and letting it all hang out.
But now authorities in cities around the country have declared that the broader practice of exposing body parts that should be covered — including chests, bellies and feet — is unseemly.

Jinan, a city between Beijing and Shanghai, is the latest municipality to try to crack down on “casual exposure,” particularly among “bang ye,” or “exposing grandfathers.”

People there now face punishment if they are “not dressed properly in public, especially in parks, squares, communities, buses, scenic spots, commercial blocks and other areas that are densely populated.”

Being shirtless and taking off shoes to air the feet is the worst crime, according to the Jinan local government, which has called on city departments, the news media and grass roots organizations to play a role in ensuring decorum is not breached.
They're coming for our midriffs fellas. --stay woke :smoke:

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:15 am

:zombie:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:15 am

That'll get you hammered by the Social Credit system.

What a fucking country. Have you seen the scale of the Uyghur and Kazak re-education camps?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:21 am

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:25 am

Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:24 am

Here's an interesting video about the outrage about fake SJW outrage - which I'm calling #fakerage from now on.

"You could sell these kids sand in the desert if you told them SJWs didn't like it."

Frank Zappa

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:58 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:24 am
"You could sell these kids sand in the desert if you told them SJWs didn't like it."
:ask: SJW? :ask:
I Africa we have Supermotivated Jehovas Witnesses
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:14 am

Superannuated Juggling Wiccans?

Frank Zappa