Media Bias

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Media Bias

Post by Seabass » Wed May 15, 2019 6:54 pm

42, you watch a lot of Tucker Carlson, don't you...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu May 30, 2019 7:39 am

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri May 31, 2019 5:41 am

How much longer can democracies survive with Rupert Murdoch doing what he does?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 31, 2019 8:46 am

I think they're more like the officer class.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 pm

Fox News viewer surprised that Mueller hadn’t exonerated Trump on obstruction
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... bstruction

NBC News quoted Garnaat as follows:
Cathy Garnaat, a Republican who supported Amash and the president said she was upset about Amash’s position but wanted to hear his reasoning. She said that she will definitely support Trump in 2020 but that Tuesday night was the first time she had heard that the Mueller report didn’t completely exonerate the president.

“I was surprised to hear there was anything negative in the Mueller report at all about President Trump. I hadn’t heard that before," she said. “I’ve mainly listened to conservative news and I hadn’t heard anything negative about that report and President Trump has been exonerated.”
In search of a bit more detail, the Erik Wemple Blog rang up Garnaat on Thursday. “I usually watch Fox News,” Garnaat told us, noting that she doesn’t tune in every night. That’s not all, however: She’ll occasionally check in with MSNBC and other outlets. “I just mainly like to focus on Fox [News],” particularly its evening fare, with Sean Hannity and other prime-time mainstays.

Explaining how she came to attend the town hall, Garnaat said this about coverage of the Mueller findings: “What I had heard about Trump in watching conservative news is that there wasn’t any foul play by him, nothing in the bad range,” she said. Indeed, Hannity said this on Fox News in the hours following the release of the redacted Mueller report, “The witch hunt is officially over. The Mueller report is out. And the president of the United States has been totally and completely vindicated.” Garnaat says it’s possible that she merely “missed” a show or segment in which the president’s exposure for obstruction was discussed.

Then she heard that Amash favored impeachment proceedings. “I was shocked and, frankly, ready to throw in the towel on Amash, but wanted to hear his side of the story. After I heard him speak I said, ‘I need to look into this myself. I need to read the Mueller report, especially the second volume,’ ” said Garnaat, who owns and manages rental housing. (Full disclosure: The Erik Wemple Blog sent Garnaat a link to the document.)

There’s a reason Garnaat tunes in to Fox News: She’s conservative and Christian, she says, and she doesn’t find her views represented well on other outlets. “I want to hear that side of the story, too, not just the liberal side. Fox News does bring in other points of view, but I do like the point of view that the moderators take,” she says. “I think liberals like to watch liberal news and conservatives like to watch conservative news. A person gravitates toward what he believes and trusts.”

Republicans’ successful campaign to protect Trump from Mueller’s report, in one quote
https://www.vox.com/2019/5/30/18646048/ ... port-amash

“I hadn’t heard that before,” she told NBC after the Tuesday town hall. “I’ve mainly listened to conservative news and I hadn’t heard anything negative about that report and President Trump has been exonerated.”

That comment alone cements that Amash, in becoming the first and only Republican to call for impeachment, is fighting against an entire machine — from the elected leaders to sympathetic media outlets.
This dynamic has created two worlds: one where Trump is heroically defending himself against a liberal witch hunt, where there was “no collusion” and “no obstruction” — and the reality, where the nation’s highest law enforcement agency, after a nearly two-year investigation, outlined 10 instances in which Trump may have attempted to obstruct the special counsel’s work, as well as numerous connections the Trump campaign had with foreign actors.

Amash is a member of the party that’s trying to convince voters to live in the former world, where Trump can do no wrong. That goal is much easier when most of the information voters receive is filtered through conservative media, and not directly from the report itself. But after reading the Mueller report, Amash is explaining to his constituents why he feels he has to speak out.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:18 pm

So let me get this straight - the media colludes with EVERYONE who pays them, and establishment politicians accuse the new guy, Trump, of fucking everything up, which is then pushed by many media channels.

Sounds unbiased to me...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:37 pm

And that sounds like a red herring to me...

I guess you either believe Trump didn't sack Comey over 'this Russia thing' or Mueller just made it all up?

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:37 pm
And that sounds like a red herring to me...

I guess you either believe Trump didn't sack Comey over 'this Russia thing' or Mueller just made it all up?

:tea:
I believe that what Mueller and Barr said are what they said.

As to whether Trump sacked someone or other, who cares? The report is there to be read. If there is something impeachable about it, Nancy has her clear responsibility.

If, however, they were just making noise and trying to lie about the impeachable 'offenses', they will avoid actually impeaching, and just keep saying he should be impeached.

Watch her actions, not her drunken, slurring, deceptive, lifer-politician words.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 am

"drunken, slurring"... Don't you realise that video was doctored?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 am
I've seen the doctored video. I've also seen a LOT of video of her.

If she is NOT a drunken idiot, she will get right on that impeachment everyone wants. If she just shouts ineffectually, like a drunken lout, I guess that will be her crowning achievement.

It's hilarious how firmly many will defend lifelong parasites as long as they are on the political 'same side'.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Cool story, but you really don't know about pErvy's political leanings if you think he's on the side of the Democratic Party of the United States.

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:27 pm
Cool story, but you really don't know about pErvy's political leanings if you think he's on the side of the Democratic Party of the United States.
She's a fucking idiot, with nonsense spouting out of her wrinkled, old maw that doesn't need any 'video doctoring'. Did you hear her talking about D-Day?

Why would he leap to her defense? I suspect she is his side-piece, and she would stop taking it ass-to-mouth if he didn't speak up for her once in awhile.

But then again, it could be something else.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:27 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:27 pm
You calling him a Repugnican? them's fighting words where I come from.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:38 pm

Yeah, politics is a two horse race, an' no mistake. If you ain't one of us you're one of them.

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:05 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:39 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:54 am
I've seen the doctored video. I've also seen a LOT of video of her.

If she is NOT a drunken idiot, she will get right on that impeachment everyone wants. If she just shouts ineffectually, like a drunken lout, I guess that will be her crowning achievement.

It's hilarious how firmly many will defend lifelong parasites as long as they are on the political 'same side'.
I'm not defending anyone, let alone anyone on my side (she's a right winger). I'm pointing out your gullibility.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.