Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Seabass » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Yet another murderous political attack by Trump supporters:
[The Christchurch shooter's] dossier also praised United States President Donald Trump as "a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose", and addresses grievances about the left's "march through the institutions".
https://www.smh.com.au/world/oceania/ch ... 514ko.html
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:04 pm

Man, if Frump is a symbol of white identity, where do I sign up for a different one?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:38 pm

I can totally understand why ardent defenders of free speech like 42 love this president. So liberal!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:52 pm

Lying about his approval rating, from everything I've read...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:18 pm

JimC wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:52 pm
:lol:

Actually, one conservative/Republican leaning pollster (Rasmussen) had him at 51 or 52% in one poll last year. But yes, if we consider all polls in aggregate, his approval tends to hover between 35 and 42...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:57 am

Aggregating 35 & 42 is 77%. I know the maffs.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:45 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:52 pm
He's basically following Rasmussen --
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ex_history

They tend be portrayed as right leaning - but they did get it closer to right than most other polling sources in 2016 - - http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... s_it_right

Check out this article from January 2016 -- https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... -5-points/ A new poll shows trump........... winning?
You might have heard that a Rasmussen national poll, out today, shows Donald Trump leading Hillary Clinton in a hypothetical general election matchup, 43-39. But how, you say, he's running a terrible campaign. This is true. Over the last couple of weeks, Trump has race-baited a judge of Mexican descent and congratulated himself for predicting the Orlando shootings while seeming to blame President Obama for the whole thing. His campaign has no money and an emaciated skeleton of a staff. His best post-primary moment thus far was a speech in front of a pile of garbage.
The RealClearPolitics average of polling over the last month shows Clinton with a 4.9 point lead. A Reuters/Ipsos poll has her up 42-32, while an ABC News/Washington Post survey has her ahead by 12 points, with 51 percent support. A Fox News poll has her up 6 points.
Rasmussen does lean Republican, but, frankly, most of the rest of the polling leans Democrat. So, it's really hard to tell from polling data. Polling is a tool and an art form for candidates - they try to use them as advertising, propaganda and to push their agendas.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:16 pm
June 21, 2018: White House Senior Adviser Stephen Miller heckled and harassed at restaurant.
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/20 ... pporters/

[yes, I know it's breitbart - but there are links for each of the above-list so that it can be verified. The mainstream media doesn't report most of this stuff, and it's a good list - I am not endorsing Breitbart - If any of these instances are not accurate, then we should address it]
Impressive list. Not complete, though. Somewhere someone must have farted in the general direction of a Trump supporter, and Breitbart has inexplicably failed to add the report to its report.

So, White House Senior Adviser Stephen Miller was heckled and harassed at a restaurant, was he? Just picking this monstrous behaviour to make a general point. Fancy public figures with reprehensible policies getting unkind reactions from members of the public. Tsk tsk.

Or maybe
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:58 pm

Keep up the good work, anti-Trumpists!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:36 pm

Snowflakes... :nono:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 am

Hermit wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:57 pm
Forty Two wrote:
June 21, 2018: White House Senior Adviser Stephen Miller heckled and harassed at restaurant.

[yes, I know it's breitbart - but there are links for each of the above-list so that it can be verified. The mainstream media doesn't report most of this stuff, and it's a good list - I am not endorsing Breitbart - If any of these instances are not accurate, then we should address it]
Impressive list. Not complete, though. Somewhere someone must have farted in the general direction of a Trump supporter, and Breitbart has inexplicably failed to add the report to its report.

So, White House Senior Adviser Stephen Miller was heckled and harassed at a restaurant, was he? Just picking this monstrous behaviour to make a general point. Fancy public figures with reprehensible policies getting unkind reactions from members of the public. Tsk tsk.

Or maybe
Screaming at people going to planned parenthood would be on a list of right wing assholes, yes. That list exists too.

Now, what were you saying about "whattaboutism?"

I'll add that, of course, people do have the free speech right to call Stephen Miller an asshole and protest him at his house and at restaurants, and they have the right to put up wanted posters. Everyone has that right.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:46 am

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:50 am
Hermit wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:57 pm
Forty Two wrote:

Or maybe
Screaming at people going to planned parenthood would be on a list of right wing assholes, yes. That list exists too.

Now, what were you saying about "whattaboutism?"
The mention of the above tweet is not a case of whataboutism, nor is the tweet itself. Miller has been a Senior Advisor to the President since the day of Trump's inauguration as P #45. As such he bears part of the President's socially reprehensible policies, such as his withdrawal of funds to family planning organisations that also provide abortions. Also, responsibility for giving succour to anti-abortionists. So, you see, the link is a lot more direct than whataboutery.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:00 am

Whattaboutism: the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue.

I raised the issue - the list of left wing attacks. In response, Hermit posted a meme that at bottom says as long as people scream at those going to planned parenthood, Miller shouldn't be allowed to eat in a restaurant in peace. How is that not whattaboutism?

It doesn't actually refute my post at all. It just points to an example of right wing assholery, and says left wing assholery is justified because of right wing assholery.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:31 am

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:00 am
Whattaboutism: the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue.

I raised the issue - the list of left wing attacks. In response, Hermit posted a meme that at bottom says as long as people scream at those going to planned parenthood, Miller shouldn't be allowed to eat in a restaurant in peace. How is that not whattaboutism?
It's not whataboutism because I did not point a finger and yell "Whatabout...? My riposte consisted of pointing out by example of Stephen Miller that many of the political attacks on Trump supporters on your Breitbart list are a) harmless and/or b) justified.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:32 pm

I don't think you should have a right to yell at people in restaurants or abortion clinics. That's just nutty.