Meanwhile, in Florida...

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Meanwhile, in Florida...

Post by Seabass » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:20 pm

I think Wisconsin is trying to out-Florida Florida... :?

Mother let dog run loose in Wisconsin Walmart and performed a series of karate moves while son stripped naked, police say
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ ... story.html
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:01 am

Seabass wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:20 pm

Mother let dog run loose in Wisconsin Walmart and performed a series of karate moves while son stripped naked, police say
Whattaboutism!!!!!!!!!

:leave:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:04 am

Well, too bad for this thread.... Florida Man has been killed..... https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/14/us/casso ... index.html ... by a cassowary....
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:56 am

Seabass wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:20 pm

I was hoping to see a dog doing karate moves. How disappointing. In Florida all the dogs know Wing-chun Kung Fu, so I hear.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:37 pm

Florida Dog mauls 2 year old to death - https://www.dispatch.com/news/20190310/ ... in-florida

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:50 pm

--another poor misunderstood pit eh?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 pm

That's terrible. I feel rather abashed about my doggy joke now.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:04 pm

The shelters have to stop that shit man. I adopted a pit once. It loved me to death. It treated me like fucking royalty. But she was dangerous. Thankfully she let me know exactly how dangerous she was by eating the neighbor's dog and not some helpless kid. I felt really bad for her, the lady and her dog, and the pit. But when I took the pit to the shelter to tell them what she had done and to recommend she not be adopted out again, I could tell they didn't want to hear it, and when I reiterated how serious I was they just got all the more dopey about the pit. --fucking idiots--

They'll list a dog with no history as "good with kids", "good with other dogs", "may even love your f'n cats!" :lol:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:07 pm

We've had a similar incident in the UK this week. Fucking heartbreaking stuff all round.

Frank Zappa

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:50 pm
--another poor misunderstood pit eh?
Indeed.

My view is dogs should be chosen from the uber-goofy variety - your Golden Retriever types. I'm not big on small dogs, but obviously, a pug or some other stupid ass toy dog isn't going to do too much damage. But, for dogs that are of the size that could do damage, I would go with the Golden Retriever - among the prettiest of dogs, and always super-happy and playful. Collies are nice too.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:04 pm
The shelters have to stop that shit man. I adopted a pit once. It loved me to death. It treated me like fucking royalty. But she was dangerous. Thankfully she let me know exactly how dangerous she was by eating the neighbor's dog and not some helpless kid. I felt really bad for her, the lady and her dog, and the pit. But when I took the pit to the shelter to tell them what she had done and to recommend she not be adopted out again, I could tell they didn't want to hear it, and when I reiterated how serious I was they just got all the more dopey about the pit. --fucking idiots--

They'll list a dog with no history as "good with kids", "good with other dogs", "may even love your f'n cats!" :lol:
Pit bull terriers aren't even good-looking dogs, IMO. I don't get why people like them. Obviously, to each their own, I guess. But that super short hair doesn't help it. Like seeing a hairless cat - makes one retch.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:27 pm

I would totally agree with you about retrievers, but personally I think a German Shepherd is the best of all dogs - the doggiest of dogs. They're quick-witted, have an excellent temperament, a proud bearing, and they like a lot of cuddles!

Frank Zappa

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:53 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:

May I ask why you didn't take responsibility for the dog? The above reads like you didn't have the dog destroyed, instead allowing it to be re-homed by starry-eyed shelter workers...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:

My ex and I got a rescue dog - this is going back over 20 years. It was a cute looking scruffy Jack Russell type.

The first time we took it to a local park it saw a bunch of kids and went straight for them. Luckily it didn’t bite anyone but clearly it had a thing about kids. Perhaps he’d been tormented by the previous owners kids. Either way the shelter either withheld that from us or perhaps didn’t know.

He was a real outdoors working dog and within a couple-one of months a farmer who kept a small pack for ratting and such took him on. He seemed pretty happy with that life.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:34 pm

Rum wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:31 pm
He was a real outdoors working dog and within a couple-one of months a farmer who kept a small pack for ratting and such took him on. He seemed pretty happy with that life.
Northern working dogs are mainly pulling a sled. It makes for a VERY energetic working dog. My pal used to run 10k a day with his, and that wasn't enough to keep it sedate at times.

The local SPCA collects the rejects from everywhere they can, ships them to Yellowknife, and issues them to idealistic young people who move here, telling them nothing negative about the dogs.

It would be a lot funnier if they weren't chewing through so much money and volunteer hours.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.