Yet more problematic stuff

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:58 am

Hitch used to as well, but all of them have faded from the spotlight.

I meant currently. Have they been up to their old shenanigans? I haven't heard anything new from them about this in awhile (though I can't imagine Dawkins easing up)

Are they the only two who criticize Islam without earning a 'racist' finding?

By the way, when Sam Harris did it in front of Ben Affleck, he earned himself a 'racist finding' and it was the last time I saw him on any TV talk shows touching on the subject. I think he is all about meditation now...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:48 am

Cunt wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:53 pm
rainbow wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:07 am
Cunt wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:47 am
Teaching students that Nazi-ism was terrible because dead Jews is regular, so why not teach about this? It's ok to promote German-hate but not Islam-hate?
It isn't German-hate. It is Nazi-hate.

If you can't actually tell the difference, then your intelligence is questionable.
Maybe you could give examples of what is 'Islam hate, not race-hate'.

Since that isn't a point I'm making, maybe I wouldn't care to do so. :fp: :fp:

If it is a point YOU wish to make (or refute), please feel free to offer the examples to make whatever point you are aiming towards.

:bored: We wait in absolute enthrallment :bored:
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:01 am

Sharia law is a reality in some western countries. Canada has human rights laws to constrain what can be 'said' about Islam.
You are clearly confused.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:45 am

rainbow wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:52 am
Cunt wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:01 am

Sharia law is a reality in some western countries. Canada has human rights laws to constrain what can be 'said' about Islam.
You are clearly confused.
Is he anything else?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:17 am
You want to see how the 'non-existent' laws are enforced? How Canadians are bullied by the government for simply being critical of Islam?

I'll do it once more, but if anyone else pretends it doesn't happen, I might have to suspend them.

Find your own sources, since of course you won't trust mine, but Ezra Levant was pursued by the Human Rights Commission, over republishing the Mohommad cartoons from a few years ago. He published his rebuttal to the idiots at the Alberta Human Rights office, and there is a video if you want to look. (it's funny in places, how toothless the government officials are when faced with resourceful opposition)

This is your example of “Sharia Courts?” You’re as out of touch with reality as Ezra.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:58 pm

Quakers have skills derived from their regions beliefs which suit them to conflict resolution, Catholics, traditionally, would look to priests and the church to resolve moral, ethical and pastoral issues. Neither supersede or trump the law of the land.

Sharia councils exist in a few cities here with large Muslim populations. Some Muslims like them for the purposes of settling disputes, but they are not the law of the land in any way, shape or form. Indeed a few women, badly done by in such informal councils in divorce settlements have resorted to the law of the land to get a proper outcome.

In the Uk the law of the land applies to everyone. (Except, arguably the exceedingly rich..)

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:27 pm

The main threat to the rule of law in the UK is the cut to legal aid that has left the justice system on its knees.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:54 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:06 pm

And yet you support a theocratic political party.
There you go again. I do NOT support either political party. I support Trump. I do not support most other Republicans or Democrats.

I oppose any theocratic measures or even candidates/politicians that have a hint of religiosity to them - Ted Cruz, for example - I was very clear I would never vote for him for President. We can address it person by person. But, my support for Trump is not support for the GOP generally.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:38 pm

laklak wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:53 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:32 pm
They can go fuck themselves.
This is pretty much the sum total of my current personal philosophy.
I just can't believe what happened to this atheist and skeptic movement over the last few years. It's more of a "pro-Muslim" movement now. I even saw American Atheists post some bullshit about how "Islamophobia" is now a "global crisis."

More and more I see all this defense of Islam - it comes under the rubric of Islam being of the oppressed brown people, and the accepted thought process is now that if you're brown and oppressed, then your religion gets support and sympathy, not criticism.

You get these fuckwits, like that group of NYU students that were howling at Chelsea Clinton, claiming that her rhetoric caused the shooting in New Zealand. I mean, what the fuck?

I won't stop saying it - saying Islam sucks hairy asshole and the religion is an awful, horrible, terrible, no good, silly, set of bullshit - false - patently false - beliefs - that isn't worth bring printed on toilet paper - that's not "Islamophobic." I'm not "afraid" of Islam. I loathe it. I will always loathe it. I'm not fond of any religion, not by any stretch of the imagination - they're all false and many of them terrible - but, Islam is among those that rise to a certain level of awfulness, that I deem it among the worst religions. There are cults which were worse, I believe - but, as far as mainstream or relatively mainstream religions -- Islam pretty much takes the cake. It's piece of shit, at best, and I won't apologize for saying it.

And, I claim the right to respond to any religion with mockery, ridicule and contempt. Anyone who wants to call that hate speech and islamophobia is welcome to do so - but I am not giving up the right to hate that religion.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:41 pm

BarnettNewman wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:50 pm
Cunt wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:17 am
You want to see how the 'non-existent' laws are enforced? How Canadians are bullied by the government for simply being critical of Islam?

I'll do it once more, but if anyone else pretends it doesn't happen, I might have to suspend them.

Find your own sources, since of course you won't trust mine, but Ezra Levant was pursued by the Human Rights Commission, over republishing the Mohommad cartoons from a few years ago. He published his rebuttal to the idiots at the Alberta Human Rights office, and there is a video if you want to look. (it's funny in places, how toothless the government officials are when faced with resourceful opposition)

This is your example of “Sharia Courts?” You’re as out of touch with reality as Ezra.
The law changed since then. But, at the time, that joke of a Commission really was out there making these kinds of inquiries. I trust you can see how much of an abomination that process was. It's not "Sha'ria" that's for sure - but, it was a travesty of justice and a massive governmental intrusion on the right of people to think and say their political viewpoints.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:47 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:54 pm
Seabass wrote:

There you go again. I do NOT support either political party. I support Trump. I do not support most other Republicans or Democrats.

I oppose any theocratic measures or even candidates/politicians that have a hint of religiosity to them - Ted Cruz, for example - I was very clear I would never vote for him for President. We can address it person by person. But, my support for Trump is not support for the GOP generally.
Riiiiiight... And you're also not conservative. And you're not right-wing. And Trump is very liberal. And Tucker Carlson isn't racist... :console:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:52 pm

"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:38 pm
I just can't believe what happened to this atheist and skeptic movement over the last few years. It's more of a "pro-Muslim" movement now.
Really? On Earth 1, or on Bizarro Fox News Breitbart World?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:58 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:47 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:54 pm
Seabass wrote:

Riiiiiight... And you're also not conservative. And you're not right-wing. And Trump is very liberal. And Tucker Carlson isn't racist... :console:
Tucker Carlson isn't racist - and you've never provided a shred of evidence that he is.
I am not conservative or right wing - I'm classical liberal and tend to the libertarian - and I am liberal on most issues.
I never said Trump was very liberal - I said he was more liberal than the other gop candidates

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:23 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:38 pm
laklak wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:53 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:32 pm
They can go fuck themselves.
This is pretty much the sum total of my current personal philosophy.
I just can't believe what happened to this atheist and skeptic movement over the last few years. It's more of a "pro-Muslim" movement now. I even saw American Atheists post some bullshit about how "Islamophobia" is now a "global crisis."

More and more I see all this defense of Islam - it comes under the rubric of Islam being of the oppressed brown people, and the accepted thought process is now that if you're brown and oppressed, then your religion gets support and sympathy, not criticism.

You get these fuckwits, like that group of NYU students that were howling at Chelsea Clinton, claiming that her rhetoric caused the shooting in New Zealand. I mean, what the fuck?

I won't stop saying it - saying Islam sucks hairy asshole and the religion is an awful, horrible, terrible, no good, silly, set of bullshit - false - patently false - beliefs - that isn't worth bring printed on toilet paper - that's not "Islamophobic." I'm not "afraid" of Islam. I loathe it. I will always loathe it. I'm not fond of any religion, not by any stretch of the imagination - they're all false and many of them terrible - but, Islam is among those that rise to a certain level of awfulness, that I deem it among the worst religions. There are cults which were worse, I believe - but, as far as mainstream or relatively mainstream religions -- Islam pretty much takes the cake. It's piece of shit, at best, and I won't apologize for saying it.

And, I claim the right to respond to any religion with mockery, ridicule and contempt. Anyone who wants to call that hate speech and islamophobia is welcome to do so - but I am not giving up the right to hate that religion.
Without the emotive language, that's pretty well my position on Islam too. However, the issue is when people in the west, by speech and/or action, show hatred directly to muslims, like spitting on them in the street, yelling abuse, spray-painting mosques etc. Carefully used laws are needed to oppose such behaviour. And here's a thought; if people in general are friendly to muslims in their midst, sympathise with them on occasions such as the NZ attack, encourage them into local events and sports etc., then over time, there will be less chance of the ghetto mentality and subsequent radicalisation that leeds to jihadist violence in western countries.
It goes without saying that this does not preclude serious police and intelligence work to oppose those who may want to commit terrorist acts, and harsh penalties for those who plan such acts.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!