BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Post by rainbow » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:07 am

Corbyn is right there in the stakes for village idiot of Westminster.
Tough competition, sure.
Calling for a new referendum, but when it comes up for a vote insisting that his MPs abstain.
WTAF?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:19 am

Corbyn is utterly useless. He wants BREXIT so he can nationalise the cotton mills.
"I grow old … I grow old …
I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled"

AND MERRY XMAS TO ONE AND All!

Imagehttp://25kv.co.uk/date_counter.php?date ... 20counting!!![/img-sig]

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:23 am

I said that about Corbyn on day 1 of his election. Once a shop steward...
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:11 pm

Assuming the EU agree to an extension they surely know May’s deal is dead in the water despite her determination to bring it back for a vote one last time (a few people do seem to think it might still get through). Assuming she loses the extension would need to be a long one - up to a couple of years, for the UK to have an election and try to get a government that can actually act. This of course will outrage the leave camp. Every option is pretty fraught.

Clinton Huxley

Post by Clinton Huxley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Heaven forfend we outrage the Leave camp. Can't have them throwing their Zimmer frames at the riot police.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:18 pm

While agreeing (good afternoon) the point is May's Deal is the only agreement in existence. The EU is not going to start renegotiations. All that is going to happen May's Deal will be given a reanimation and a thorough massage and more cannot happen.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Clinton Huxley wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:50 am
I'm sanguine Merkel the EU27 will grant a Brextension.
According to Dutchy, the Reich stands to lose very little, and the Brits are on the cusp of calamity - which means the Reich just saved the Brits asses, for the completely altruistic reason of helping the Brits avoid calamity by helping them negotiate a better deal with the Reich.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm

rainbow wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:46 am
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:12 pm
rainbow wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm
Anyway - panic if you like. But, the UK was once not part of the EU. It's not like it's life depends on the EU.
Me panic?

The worse it goes for the UK, the cheaper it is for me to visit.
The UK will be just fine.
:smug: goody :smug:
LOL - or maybe it won't. Maybe you believe that the UK is on the verge of a calamitous apocalypse - dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Save us, Oh Lord! From the Fury of Brexit, o lord, deliver us!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:30 pm

Clinton Huxley wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:19 am
Corbyn is utterly useless. He wants BREXIT so he can nationalise the cotton mills.
You have cotton mills in Brit-land?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:34 pm

Rum wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:11 pm
Assuming the EU agree to an extension they surely know May’s deal is dead in the water despite her determination to bring it back for a vote one last time (a few people do seem to think it might still get through). Assuming she loses the extension would need to be a long one - up to a couple of years, for the UK to have an election and try to get a government that can actually act. This of course will outrage the leave camp. Every option is pretty fraught.
Can you provide a bit of clarification on the Leave referendum? How is it that there can be all these extensions - if the vote was to leave, is there no requirement to actually leave? And, does Parliament have the power to essentially overturn a referendum by simply agreeing to extensions?

I certainly can fathom that exiting has some procedural and substantive issues to iron out as they exit, but if the vote was "Leave" and not "Leave, if the exit deal is good enough," what are the legal principles governing this whole process?

Did the referendum not have a date? Like - did referendum just say "we want to leave the Reich," and not "Brexit will take place by X date?" (words to that effect?)

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:34 pm
Rum wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:11 pm
Can you provide a bit of clarification on the Leave referendum? How is it that there can be all these extensions - if the vote was to leave, is there no requirement to actually leave? And, does Parliament have the power to essentially overturn a referendum by simply agreeing to extensions?

I certainly can fathom that exiting has some procedural and substantive issues to iron out as they exit, but if the vote was "Leave" and not "Leave, if the exit deal is good enough," what are the legal principles governing this whole process?

Did the referendum not have a date? Like - did referendum just say "we want to leave the Reich," and not "Brexit will take place by X date?" (words to that effect?)
First thing to say is that the result of the referendum is not actually legally binding. Not that any government would willingly defy the result.

The vote was for a binary outcome - leave or remain - nothing on terms and conditions or the attractiveness or otherwise of any separation agreement (which is all the ‘deal’ is - future arrangements are another matter!)

When so called Article 50 was triggered the deadline was set for 29th March. The only way to change or delay this is with the unanimous agreement of EU members. Given that they want as much order as we do at the point of departure they are likely to agree.

The issue then Is, why bother with a short extension if nothing significant changes, which is likely to be the case. In which case a longer extension, giving the UK time to sort out it’s utterly stuck politics (one to two years) might be the only realistic way to get something done. This would however be risky politically as there would be a lot of public resistance to such an extension. There would very likely be a general election in this scenario pretty soon after it was agreed.

Hope that helps.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:59 pm

What exactly is Labour's position on Brexit?
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm
rainbow wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:46 am
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:12 pm
rainbow wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 pm
Anyway - panic if you like. But, the UK was once not part of the EU. It's not like it's life depends on the EU.
Me panic?

The worse it goes for the UK, the cheaper it is for me to visit.
The UK will be just fine.
:smug: goody :smug:
LOL - or maybe it won't. Maybe you believe that the UK is on the verge of a calamitous apocalypse - dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!
Maybe you should stop talking out of your arse for a change.
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:06 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:59 pm
Corblymy is dithering about whether to dither more.
BArF−4

Clinton Huxley

Post by Clinton Huxley » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:08 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:59 pm
A) pretend it's nothing to do with them
B) pretend we can leave but retain all the benefits
C) try not to talk about BREXIT