Media Bias

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:17 am

How silly to think that social media is important media. It's not like it could be misused to interfere in elections or anything...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 am

Social media have no ethical requirement to be non-censoring. Unlike the news media.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:44 am

It's a silly discussion. Rightly so, being initiated with a vague accusation posted with no context and no evidence. Don't get me wrong--I'm not silly enough to ask for those, having no illusions that any will be forthcoming. Silly. :ab:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:47 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 am
Social media have no ethical requirement to be non-censoring. Unlike the news media.
Why do those Russian Bot farms even waste their time, then?

Oh yeah, because a twitter bot-farm account started and did the early twitter promotion which led to the covington media scandal.

You may mince at the word media all you like, but their value is pretty clear to many who pay cash for access.

And of course they have no ethical requirement. Facebook is just a blog platform anyway...not real news...nor is twitter, and it doesn't matter that my government uses it as a news release channel, for everything from snippets of hansards to Department of Transportation announcements.

Not news though. Doesn't matter if it sows division among people, it's not 'Real Media' after all.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 am

What's silly about this is a storm in a teacup about a definition of "media". The ability of social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook to be used by foreign trolls (government backed or otherwise) with an agenda would not be questioned by most here, Cunt...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 pm

It is why I raised the subject of twitter in a 'media bias' thread. The top brass from there sent @Jack and a lawyer on a public speaking tour to do damage control ahead of the shitstorm.

In a likely unrelated story, facebook, twitter and whatsapp were down for a few hours eariler this week.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:45 pm

Someone pointed out that they had to announce the disruption on their rival - Twitter.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:48 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 pm
It is why I raised the subject of twitter in a 'media bias' thread. The top brass from there sent @Jack and a lawyer on a public speaking tour to do damage control ahead of the shitstorm.

In a likely unrelated story, facebook, twitter and whatsapp were down for a few hours eariler this week.
I'm trying to understand is why this or Twitter moderating their content is somehow "sketchy."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Because they don't pander to his alt-right mates.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:46 pm

Steven Crowder is talking about how the left media is misleading about the NZ shooter.

https://youtu.be/KtXoerJBExE

What he asks is simple - read the guys manifesto, and compare it to what the mainstream media portrays.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:06 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:49 pm
Because they don't pander to his alt-right mates.
Or he's paranoid for some reason. :weed:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:35 am

In Canada, we spell his name Poutine
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Joe

Post by Joe » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:13 am

That's not paranoia; that's the munchies. :biggrin:

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:49 pm

The amount of time and energy that the media elite — cable news, big newspapers, etc. — have spent talking and writing about the notion that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia is incalculable, but here’s one calculable slice: From January 20, 2017 (Inauguration Day) through March 21, 2019 (the last night before special counsel Robert Mueller sent his report to the Attorney General), the ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts produced a combined 2,284 minutes of “collusion” coverage, most of it (1,909 minutes) following Mueller’s appointment on May 17, 2017.

That’s an average of roughly three minutes a night, every night, for an astonishing 791 days — a level of coverage normally associated only with a major war or a presidential election. In fact, TV reporters devoted more airtime to the Russia investigation than any of the Trump administration’s policy initiatives — immigration, tax reform, trade, North Korea, ISIS, the economy, veterans’ affairs, the opioid epidemic, to name but a few. Since his presidency began, nearly one-fifth (18.8%) of all of Trump’s evening news coverage has been about this one investigation.

The networks’ fixation on scandal over substance is one reason their coverage of the President has been so preposterously lopsided. From January 1 through March 21 of this year, the spin of Trump coverage on the evening newscasts has been 92% negative vs. just eight percent positive — even worse than the 90% negative coverage we calculated in 2017 and 2018.
https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ri ... ssia-probe
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:51 pm

Joe wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:13 am
That's not paranoia; that's the munchies. :biggrin:
Is it normal to have the munchies without having had hemp first?
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping