All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Re: All Things Trump: Is it over yet?

Post by Svartalf » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:42 pm

that's a power abuse and is inherently illegal, doctors will ignore it and it will get demolished in court.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:57 pm

Americans do not allow public funds to be spent for abortion. A woman serving in the military can’t have air fare paid to fly home from a base abroad to get an abortion.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:15 pm

I have a terrible thought.

There has been much work done, on the legislative side of this issue. Important work.

How much room is there for improvement on methods of abortion? Is it just too awful to imagine easy new ways to end pregnancies, or is that 'D&C' just going to be needed for this.

I wish women were only fertile when they chose to be fertile, but that's probably a pipe dream.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:24 pm

it goes contrary to the Hippocratic oath, ergo it will be ignored, except by those doctors who are already conservative douchebags
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:09 pm

DONALD TRUMP’S CLIMATE DENIAL GETS MORE RIDICULOUS BY THE DAY

Once upon a time, Donald Trump accepted the scientific reality that human activity, primarily burning fossil fuels, causes climate change. He signed on to an ad calling on President Obama to take action on climate change. That was 2009. In the decade since, Trump’s Fox News fixation has led him down a steep path of dangerous denial, culminating in his quoting of an industry PR flack who appeared on Fox and Friends to make some profoundly ridiculous claims.
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-moore-cl ... 8JtkwFQyag

Just a reminder of the main reason I think Trump needs to be ended and his dangerous supporters kicked to the curb.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:15 pm
I have a terrible thought.

There has been much work done, on the legislative side of this issue. Important work.

How much room is there for improvement on methods of abortion? Is it just too awful to imagine easy new ways to end pregnancies, or is that 'D&C' just going to be needed for this.

I wish women were only fertile when they chose to be fertile, but that's probably a pipe dream.
There is nothing to do. We have a pill to abort but it really is more unpleasant. You just need to suck it out in a simple clinic and it takes about 30 minutes. A doctor needs to do it, not a nurse, due to bleeding issues.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:14 pm

I told Trump he could have a wall. A small one:
https://mobile.twitter.com/P_Lepinkaine ... 9462377474

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Trump Vows Veto After Congress Blocks His Order To Build Border Wall
https://www.npr.org/2019/03/14/70337939 ... HFvk6WaJvU

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 pm

There is some sanity left apparently:

Senate rejects national emergency declaration in sharp rebuke to Trump
Twelve Republicans joined every Senate Democrat in rare move to block president’s effort to divert funds for US-Mexico border wall

The US Senate delivered a sharp rebuke to Donald Trump on Thursday, voting to overturn his declaration last month of a national emergency in order to divert taxpayer funds to the US-Mexico border.

In a 59-41 vote, 12 Republicans joined every Senate Democrat in a rare move to block the president’s effort to divert billions in funding to build his long-promised border wall without congressional approval.

The Democratic-controlled House passed the measure last month, and its approval in the Senate will probably force Trump to use the first veto of his presidency. The defections on Thursday fell far short of the 67 votes needed to override the veto, however.

Moments after the vote, Trump tweeted simply: “VETO!” He later added praise for “all of the Strong Republicans who voted to support Border Security and our desperately needed WALL!”

Earlier on Thursday, Trump had attempted to constrain the defections by warning Republicans that a “vote for today’s resolution by Republican Senators is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, Crime, and the Open Border Democrats!”

But Trump ultimately failed to allay the concerns within his party that the action violated the constitution’s separation of powers, which confers the power of the purse to Congress.
I suppose 42 might just understand this level of politics.

TRUMP FUCKING LOST.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:44 pm

If he vetoes the measure, does that mean that his "emergency" grab for funds goes ahead, or will there be a battle in the courts?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:50 pm

Trump suffers revolt as Senate votes to terminate emergency declaration over US-Mexico border
President immediately tweeted he will veto measure
Democracy. The Orange Turd Manchild cant get his two brain cells around the fact he has lost.
Donald Trump has suffered an embarrassing defeat on Capitol Hill – his second in two days – after Republicans joined Democrats in the Senate to overturn his declaration of a national emergency.

In a 59-41 vote, in which 12 Republican defied the president, the Senate passed a measure to rescind the national emergency declared by Mr Trump last month in a move widely seen as a means to circumnavigate a Congress that had rejected his demand for more than $8bn in funding for a border wall.

The House of Representatives has already passed the bill, and it now goes to the White House, where Mr Trump has vowed for the first time to use his veto powers. Indeed, Mr Trump immediately reacted to the news with a single-worded tweet that said: “VETO”.

Whether or not there are enough numbers to overturn Mr Trump’s expected move – a two-thirds vote of both chambers of Congress is needed to override a presidential veto – is unclear.

What it certainly does, it place Mr Trump’s demand for a border wall and Democrats’ refusal to fund one front and centre stage as the 2020 presidential election campaign starts to gather pace.
Yep that great brain finds it impossible to work out simple figures.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:52 pm

Senate Republicans revolt against Trump over border
Rebel members of President Donald Trump's party have helped pass a vote to reject his declaration of an emergency on the US-Mexico border.

Twelve Republican senators broke party ranks to side with Democrats, approving a proposal to revoke the proclamation by 59-41.

The Democratic-controlled House of Representatives last month backed the measure.

Following Thursday's vote, Mr Trump tweeted: "VETO!"

Congress needs a two-thirds majority of both chambers to override a presidential veto, which is viewed as unlikely in this case.

Nevertheless, the vote will be seen as an embarrassing loss for the president on his signature domestic issue.

On Twitter, Mr Trump slammed the vote, calling it a "Democrat inspired Resolution which would OPEN BORDERS while increasing Crime, Drugs and Trafficking in our Country".
Pathetic. Those two brain cells must have fallen out his arse again.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:56 pm

Senate Rejects Trump’s Border Emergency Declaration, Setting Up First Veto
WASHINGTON — The Senate on Thursday easily voted to overturn President Trump’s declaration of a national emergency at the southwestern border, delivering a bipartisan rebuke to what lawmakers in both parties deemed executive overreach by a president determined to build his border wall over Congress’s objections.

The 59-41 vote on the House-passed measure sets up the first veto of Mr. Trump’s presidency. It was not overwhelming enough to override Mr. Trump’s promised veto, but Congress has now voted to block a presidential emergency declaration for the first time — and on one of the core promises that animated Mr. Trump’s political rise, the vow to build a wall between the United States and Mexico.

“Never before has a president asked for funding, Congress has not provided it, and the president then has used the National Emergencies Act of 1976 to spend the money anyway,” Senator Lamar Alexander, Republican of Tennessee, said. “The problem with this is that after a Revolutionary War against a king, our nation’s founders gave to Congress the power to approve all spending so that the president would not have too much power. This check on the executive is a crucial source of our freedom.”

In an attempt to limit defections ahead of the vote, Mr. Trump had sought to frame the vote publicly as not only a declaration of support for his border security policies but a sign of personal loyalty.

[Sign up for Crossing the Border, a limited-run newsletter about life where the United States and Mexico meet.]

“It’s pure and simple: it’s a vote for border security, it’s a vote for no crime,” Mr. Trump told reporters ahead of the vote, which he declared on Twitter to be “a vote for Nancy Pelosi, Crime and the Open Border Democrats!”

But he could not overcome concerns among Republican senators about the legality of redirecting $3.6 billion from military construction projects toward the border wall even after Congress explicitly rejected the funding request.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:14 pm

JimC wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:44 pm
If he vetoes the measure, does that mean that his "emergency" grab for funds goes ahead, or will there be a battle in the courts?
There will be. A bit of a vague fed/state fight. The president does have control of the border itself. But he will have to prove an emergency. So Trump may have gotten the funding, but even there you can challenge where he pulls it from.

Unfortunately the Pentagon budget is: who knows? No limit. Print more money.