Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Joe

Re: Political Attacks on Trump Supporters

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:59 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:04 pm
Joe wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:15 pm
That's one possibility, but you overlooked a simpler one.

There's just one Goodloe story, whereas Breitbart listed 639 stories of people behaving badly to Trump supporters. After a while, it's not news anymore.

You notice this explanation doesn't rely on speculative assertions about people's motives, just numbers and a principle of reporting I learned as a carrier.
:thinks:
So, your theory is that violence against Trump supporters is so common as to have become something of a banality. And, racial violence in the US receives such intense coverage across the panoply of major media precisely because it's so rare it's surprising?
No, the facts aren't sufficient to support such a broad conclusion, only a narrow one about reporting by the national media in the case of the 640 news stories we're discussing. After all, this violence can't really be that banal, if it's being reported locally.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 pm

trump supporters deserve all the shit that can be piled upon them, they voted for the shittiest unimaginable canidate for POTUS, and even managed to get him elected, there's no forgiveness for that level of shittiness....
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:18 pm

Entirely agree Svarty and from as great a height as possible.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:21 pm

well, the height between the arse and the bottom of the Porcelain Bowl seldom exceeds 50 cm

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:40 pm

I don't think your average Trump supporter will fit in a toilet bowl. I guess you could shit off the top of a building onto Trump supporters on the ground below. I wonder if a turd dropped from a skyscraper could kill someone... :ask:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:52 pm

depends on the density, dryness and hardness of the turd, I guess...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:18 am

'A good list' eh? The first link is to a story about a bomb threat called in to a business. The business is approximately half a mile from the facility at which a Trump event was scheduled on the same day. The event was scheduled for 3 PM, the threat was called in at 8 AM. Other than the fact that the threat occurred on the same day and in the same general area, no link is established between the threat and the event. If it had been directed against Trump or Trump supporters, one would think making a threat against the event or the facility itself would have been more effective. Breitbart apparently believes that their readers will accept a giant pile of bullshit, and given the fact that it's been dutifully carried here and dumped, they're correct.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 pm
trump supporters deserve all the shit that can be piled upon them, they voted for the shittiest unimaginable canidate for POTUS, and even managed to get him elected, there's no forgiveness for that level of shittiness....
This is the view of the political left these days. Nicely summarized. It's exactly the justification for all manner of violent reprisals. Attacks, assaults, arson, even murder is seen as justified, because the opposition "deserve" all the shit. They deserve it. They deserve to be driven out of restaurants. Beaten under the rubric that they are "Nazis." Punched in the face on campus. Denied the right to speak publicly. Suspended from high school for wearing a hat. Defamed in public because their "smirks" show everything we need to know about them. Adults can call for violence against a 15 year old boy who stood their and did nothing in the face of harassment because "those little shits deserve it" -- publish their names, out them - beat them - don't let them have a moment's peace.

Why shouldn't we assault and batter them? After all, "this is America in 2019" - "they" are running the streets with nooses and bleach, looking for gay black men to lynch. We know they are. We just KNOW it.

But, welcome.... to the Revolution.... of Love....
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:24 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:33 pm

Yes, he is. But, that just goes to show how big the assholes are that comprise the "resistance."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:17 pm

8D07CA66-6FE1-41A1-B3BC-D73D3F257574.jpeg

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:48 pm

Looks like some guy about to shout "Trump is Not My President."

Oh, I'm sorry, "she" is about to shout "Trump is Not My President."

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:52 pm

She’s a fighter. No dental care, Medicaid to treat her lung cancer. But she is going to be in that trailer till she dies, trading her food stamps for cash and buying Bud Light.

Because Trump cosigned her mortgage! She will vote for him 2020.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:33 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:20 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:15 pm
This is the view of the political left these days. Nicely summarized. It's exactly the justification for all manner of violent reprisals. Attacks, assaults, arson, even murder is seen as justified, because the opposition "deserve" all the shit. They deserve it. They deserve to be driven out of restaurants. Beaten under the rubric that they are "Nazis." Punched in the face on campus. Denied the right to speak publicly. Suspended from high school for wearing a hat. Defamed in public because their "smirks" show everything we need to know about them. Adults can call for violence against a 15 year old boy who stood their and did nothing in the face of harassment because "those little shits deserve it" -- publish their names, out them - beat them - don't let them have a moment's peace.

Why shouldn't we assault and batter them? After all, "this is America in 2019" - "they" are running the streets with nooses and bleach, looking for gay black men to lynch. We know they are. We just KNOW it.

But, welcome.... to the Revolution.... of Love....
:funny:

Oh boo-fucking-hoo. Your faction (the political right) is out sending pipe bombs through the mail and shooting up black churches and synagogues and you're upset over Nazis getting punched. What a joke.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:52 pm

No, I'm not upset about Nazis getting punched. I'm upset about innocent non-Nazis being attacked and assaulted because some dickweed thinks he gets to determine who is a legitimate target for political violence by the arbitrary, ridiculous, "Progressive" idea of who constitutes a "Nazi" (i.e. any person with a political persuasion to the right of the Che Guevara t-shirt wearing love child of Mao and Marx).

And I do oppose the sending of pipe bombs by anyone.

The problem with fucking idiot, douchebag leftists is that they think some people are actually proper targets of such attacks. That's a huge difference. You don't find mainstream people defending "punch a Commie" or saying that harassing 15 year old kids who wear red hats is a great thing, or chasing Congresspeople out of hamburger restaurants is valid - coming from the left, you get celebrities and even Congresspeople who say that such behavior is appropriate.