Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:01 am

Animavore wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:52 am
Somalia.
Let's accept that I'm a fool and then imagine I was talking about the totality of freedoms rather than the extent of a specific freedom or right.

:tiphat:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:24 am

trdsf wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:12 am
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:34 am
So fuck off.
How predictably mature of you.
Have you noticed how few people give a toss what you say?

Maybe it's because you would rather talk about other people, than about yourself.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:02 am

Your white knighting for 42 is cute.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:45 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:02 am
Your white knighting for 42 is cute.
I'd do it for you, too.

tdrsf or whatever his name is is one of those who focuses tightly on either the discussion format, or the opponent - I can't remember any comments on the issue at hand from him.

But then, I stopped reading mainly, so there might well be real gems in there.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:52 pm

The use of the term "white knight" is highly offensive and problematic. First, it assumes and fosters the archaic notion that "white" is good, and black is bad. Second, it refers to "knights" which are, of course, white European war criminals of the middle ages, and misogynists, who were essentially murderers carrying crosses, who used their patriarchal privilege and authority to oppress the weaker and less fortunate and to wage wars of conquest against peaceful Muslims in the rightfully Muslim Holy Land/Levant.

To suggest that such a white, patriarchal figure would be coming to anyone's aid and defense is deeply problematic, and offensive. It's misogynistic, racist and tantamount to hate speech.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:56 pm

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:03 am

Actual problematic stuff for people genuinely affect by prejudice and not whitey calling the cops because a black person was spotted driving a nice car.

A 19-year-old white man accused of kicking a coat hanger up the rectum of a mentally disabled black teammate received no jail time at his sentencing on Friday.

Former high school football player John R. K. Howard entered a so-called "Alford plea," meaning he maintains his innocence while admitting a judge or jury would likely find him guilty. He was sentenced to probation and community service, and his conviction might be entirely dismissed at a later date.

The Twin Falls Times-News writes that supporters of the black player see the sentencing as "a slap on the wrist for a privileged white teen who preyed on a disabled teammate from the only black family in town."

Howard, who pleaded guilty to felony injury of a child, had originally been charged with sexual assault. But prosecutors later decided that, while they were confident they could prove Howard kicked the coat hanger into his teammate's rectum, the act did not constitute a sex crime. District Judge Randy Stoker agreed, and approved the plea deal for a lesser charge in December.
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way ... FB9MjYWIxk
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:12 pm

The judge sounds like a very perceptive individual, or something.
The victim has also testified that Howard repeatedly called him the n-word and taught him a KKK-glorifying song that called for the lynching of black people, and that other members of the football team called him "fried chicken," "watermelon," "Kool-Aid" and "grape soda," the Times-News reports. ([Judge] Stoker said during sentencing that "nobody" thinks those are racial slurs, despite the fact that the terms have a long history of being used as racist insults, as Alex Riggins of the Times-News explained.)

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:13 pm

But 42 has assured us that racism is very unpopular in America. I guess this is just another... isolated incident.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:33 pm

It's heartbreaking stuff man. I'd say his being weak was the impetus of his bullies rather than his being black, which was just a button to push.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:26 pm

Get ready for a new danger sweeping the US: Picking up rubbish in your own front yard while black. Yes, a patrol officer spied a black man, equipped with bucket and pickup tool, tidying up his front yard and deemed it as a potential danger to civilisation. He pulled his fucking gun on him and called for backup. Eight more police officers turned up to ensure the black man with bucket and pickup tool could not overpower the enforcer of the law. What law was being enforced never became quite clear during the 16+ minutes the tragifarce ran for.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:31 pm

there are days you have to wonder what country has the worst idiots for LEOs... I thought it was France, but the US are giving us a run for the prize.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:40 pm

We seem to have too many shitty cops. I think taking away most of their guns would go a long way towards solving the problem. With that gun and uniform some of them can't be told anything, the idiots act like bullies who demand respect simply because they've got a license to hurt you.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor

Post by Sean Hayden » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:41 pm

I don't know how you fix it. I guess in some places it's bad enough that just wanting to be a cop should get you excluded from consideration. :tea:

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:34 pm

We have some of the same issues with police here, but I suspect less overall. One reason may be the comparative lack of guns - it seems to me that anytime a policeman in the States pulls someone over, they realise that there is an excellent chance that the person is carrying (legally or illegally) a gun, which is not the case here. (There are some guns around, but in almost all shootings, it's underworld figures shooting other criminals...)

Knowing that, even for a relatively decent cop, would tend to make you nervous and paranoid, I imagine...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!