Re: Media Bias

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:04 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:55 am
Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:49 am
JimC wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:41 am
Problem is, Hermit, that Cunt could not conceive of a "rational feminist"... ;)
Well, there isn't much 'rational' to that particular political movement.

It's probably why it has such low support among more rational people. :tea:
Citation required.
What measures will indicate that their goals have been achieved?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:09 am

C'mon, you're not this retarded. You made a claim, either you can back it up with evidence or not. We all know in reality that you won't back it up, as you are averse to evidence and merely spout whatever rhetoric suits your particular bias.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:26 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:54 am
Svartalf wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:06 am
I would not say that firing people by tweet is bizarre per se, but it sure is discourteous in the extreme and shows an inability to take responsibility for his action and to tell the others face to face on the part of the axeman.
It's bizarre as fuck. Who does that?
Who? somebody who used to tell people they were fired face to face, in front of tv cameras, but who seems to have grown timorous as he became the most powerful man on earth...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:44 am

So it's only non-bizarre by his standards? By the rest of the world's standards, well...
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:11 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:32 am
Hermit wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:09 am
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:00 pm
Hermit wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 pm
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:09 pm
What I would like from you, Hermit, is for you to go present yourself as a rational Republican Trump supporter, and note the response to yourself.
Show me how it's done. Present yourself as a rational feminist, and note the response to yourself.
What I want, is for you to defend the positions a bit, and see how people treat you.
Lead by example.
I have.

Maybe you don't understand what I'm asking.

Wear a Trump 2020 hat, and see how the critics treat you. I don't think you realize just how far left the media is leaning, since you are left.

Another way to put this, is that you might not hear all the sneering tone, since your own tone regarding Trump has a bit of a sneer to it.

Or keep focused on me, that's fine too.
Oh, cry me a goddamn river. People who vote for racist, sexist assholes who mock disabled people get no sympathy from me. Fuck 'em.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:14 am

That's categorically not bizarre behaviour. Forty Two will be along shortly to explain why.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:15 pm

I've always thought of them as bad nurses. They are people who defy reason by patching up the aggressor instead of his victims. They always seem to be siding with the "bad guy". That's overly simplistic, but if you get a group of people together and drop a shithead in it these "bad nurses" will come out of the woodwork. You won't believe what you're seeing, and the shittier the shithead the more ardent in his defense his nurses become. Heaven help you if he's a sadist eh?

I'll probably get a Nobel one day for my Bad Nurses and the Shitheads they Love theory....or maybe an adult book club award :dunno:

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Joe wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:45 am

Let's try again. Would you concede that Trump firing cabinet members by tweet is bizarre?
If true, yes. I don't know if "bizarre" is the word I'd choose. I'd choose unprofessional, but bizarre is alright too.

However, like almost everything reported about Trump, there are differing accounts.

I've never denied that he does things that are bizarre. I find his commentary about grabbing them by the pussies to be bizarre. I find some of his commentary bizarre, and his business style is bizarre. He's one of those autocratic assholes who rules by fiat, power, threat, carrots and sticks - he can be very generous and a completely mean and insulting bastard. I have said very clearly that I would not like him at all if I knew him. I would hate working for him.

Good enough? How many more times do I have to be critical of him, before you'll stop inventing this notion that I'm not critical of him.

I am critical of him. I am far more critical of him than anyone here who opposes Trump is critical of the politicians they support. Do I defend him? Yes. His policies. The substance. In the end, I care little for the sizzle, and more for the steak. I don't really care if he fires people in bizarre ways - I like what he's accomplishing. I like the tax cut. I like his immigration policies. I like his work in North Korea. I like what he accomplished - the result - with regard to NATO. I like what he's doing in Syria, and I am glad he's trying to get us out of there and other places. I think it is time to leave Afghanistan, and so does he. I like his trade policies, and I like what he's accomplished in terms of manufacturing and business. I like that unemployment is at record lows, and all-time lows for blacks and women. I like that. He's done more to help blacks, hispanics, women and other minorities than his predecessor. The only exception might be trans people, who for some reason Trump saw fit to bar from the military - I know why he did it, but I think he should have gone the other direction with that. That movement only grows in strength with resistance.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:54 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:11 am
Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:32 am
Hermit wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:09 am
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:00 pm
Hermit wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:43 pm

Show me how it's done. Present yourself as a rational feminist, and note the response to yourself.
What I want, is for you to defend the positions a bit, and see how people treat you.
Lead by example.
I have.

Maybe you don't understand what I'm asking.

Wear a Trump 2020 hat, and see how the critics treat you. I don't think you realize just how far left the media is leaning, since you are left.

Another way to put this, is that you might not hear all the sneering tone, since your own tone regarding Trump has a bit of a sneer to it.

Or keep focused on me, that's fine too.
Oh, cry me a goddamn river. People who vote for racist, sexist assholes who mock disabled people get no sympathy from me. Fuck 'em.

1 minute in - you will see Trump using exactly the same arm motions to talk about Ted Cruz and several others -- same floppy arm motions -- it's a movement when he is describing someone who is flubbing and flabbergasted/confused and can'd make a coherent response. It's only viewed in isolation that one would suggest it is peculiar to the one reporter's disability.

Now, it's certainly fair to say, in my view, that a candidate or official behaving that way toward anyone is rather unprofessional - and I agree with that. I don't like that sort of thing.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:20 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:38 pm
Joe wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:45 am

Let's try again. Would you concede that Trump firing cabinet members by tweet is bizarre?
If true, yes. I don't know if "bizarre" is the word I'd choose. I'd choose unprofessional, but bizarre is alright too.

However, like almost everything reported about Trump, there are differing accounts.

I've never denied that he does things that are bizarre. I find his commentary about grabbing them by the pussies to be bizarre. I find some of his commentary bizarre, and his business style is bizarre. He's one of those autocratic assholes who rules by fiat, power, threat, carrots and sticks - he can be very generous and a completely mean and insulting bastard. I have said very clearly that I would not like him at all if I knew him. I would hate working for him.

Good enough? How many more times do I have to be critical of him, before you'll stop inventing this notion that I'm not critical of him.

I am critical of him. I am far more critical of him than anyone here who opposes Trump is critical of the politicians they support. Do I defend him? Yes. His policies. The substance. In the end, I care little for the sizzle, and more for the steak. I don't really care if he fires people in bizarre ways - I like what he's accomplishing. I like the tax cut. I like his immigration policies. I like his work in North Korea. I like what he accomplished - the result - with regard to NATO. I like what he's doing in Syria, and I am glad he's trying to get us out of there and other places. I think it is time to leave Afghanistan, and so does he. I like his trade policies, and I like what he's accomplished in terms of manufacturing and business. I like that unemployment is at record lows, and all-time lows for blacks and women. I like that. He's done more to help blacks, hispanics, women and other minorities than his predecessor. The only exception might be trans people, who for some reason Trump saw fit to bar from the military - I know why he did it, but I think he should have gone the other direction with that. That movement only grows in strength with resistance.
There you go, but I didn't invent this notion, JimC did, and it did take you a bit of prodding to stop providing evidence in support of his thesis.

As for your question, let me answer it with a question: in quantifiable terms, how often are you critical of Trump?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:25 pm

I can't quantify it. I don't keep track. But, I have been critical of him. In fact, everyone here knows that he wasn't my first choice for President, and I did not think he had much of a chance to win. I criticized him throughout the campaign.

I just know that when people ask me, I give my view, and often I have given unsolicited negative views on Trump. I would ask you to apply the same criticism to others - who support politicians other than Trump - as you apply to me. How often do you quiz folks who don't support Trump in this manner?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:42 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:15 pm
I've always thought of them as bad nurses. They are people who defy reason by patching up the aggressor instead of his victims. They always seem to be siding with the "bad guy". That's overly simplistic, but if you get a group of people together and drop a shithead in it these "bad nurses" will come out of the woodwork. You won't believe what you're seeing, and the shittier the shithead the more ardent in his defense his nurses become. Heaven help you if he's a sadist eh?

I'll probably get a Nobel one day for my Bad Nurses and the Shitheads they Love theory....or maybe an adult book club award :dunno:
I've noticed something like your 'Bad Nurses' phenomenon causing atheists to rabidly defend Islamic law. Some of them refuse utterly to insult the prophet anywhere it could offend a muslim...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:02 pm

To me, it depends on the aggression, and what the victim is a victim of. It's not just a matter of one side is an aggressor and the other a victim.

If a group of black, Jewish, LGBTQ+ folks started marching down Main Street in Linden, Alabama, offending the hell out of the townsfolk there, screaming that the hicks in that town better learn to respect blacks, Jews, gays, lesbians, queer, trans and all the rest, and that they love sex outside of wedlock, pansexuality, and the like, and they handed out leaflets depicting Goodloe Sutton in a dress hiked up around his hips being sodomized by Frank N. Furter of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, that might be really offensive, insulting and hateful to the people of Linden and Goodloe Sutton in particular.

So, do the cops stop them from doing that march and leafletting? Is it hate speech? Is it a crime?

Who is the victim? The hicks in Linden and Goodloe himself? Why not? What if they lash out and beat the hell out of the leafletters? Justified? Why not?

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:18 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:25 pm
I can't quantify it. I don't keep track. But, I have been critical of him. In fact, everyone here knows that he wasn't my first choice for President, and I did not think he had much of a chance to win. I criticized him throughout the campaign.

I just know that when people ask me, I give my view, and often I have given unsolicited negative views on Trump. I would ask you to apply the same criticism to others - who support politicians other than Trump - as you apply to me. How often do you quiz folks who don't support Trump in this manner?
You can quantify it if you're willing to do the work. It's not like your posts have disappeared. The question is how willing are you to fact check yourself. It's a PITA, but could be a useful exercise in self-awareness.

Anecdotally, I recall your criticisms pale next to the volume of your defenses, but that doesn't mean anything. If I cared enough to express an opinion, I'd review a month or two of your posts mentioning Trump to check my perception. But that's just me.

As for your first choice for President, everyone here doesn't know. I wasn't here then, and I doubt superuniverse does either. Since Incitatus wasn't in the running, I hesitate to guess.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:28 pm

Joe wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:18 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:25 pm

You can quantify it if you're willing to do the work. It's not like your posts have disappeared. The question is how willing are you to fact check yourself. It's a PITA, but could be a useful exercise in self-awareness.

Anecdotally, I recall your criticisms pale next to the volume of your defenses, but that doesn't mean anything. If I cared enough to express an opinion, I'd review a month or two of your posts mentioning Trump to check my perception. But that's just me.

As for your first choice for President, everyone here doesn't know. I wasn't here then, and I doubt superuniverse does either. Since Incitatus wasn't in the running, I hesitate to guess.
Well, I'm absolutely not willing to go back and sort my posts in order to itemize how many times I've admitted to a criticism of Donald Trump. I'm as willing as anyone to fact check myself, and I don't know anyone who would do what you're suggesting I do.

Yes, my criticisms pale next to the volume of my defenses. I support the guy. I side with him on a lot of issues. I also have seen him vilified here, and mindlessly attacked without evidence by those who wouldn't say a single nice thing about him for any reason.

How many of the anti-Trump people here have volumes of crticisms of the politicians they support which match their defenses? I would submit, nobody. Not a one. Not you, for example. Which politician did you support in 2016? Did your criticisms of the one you supported not pale next to your defenses?

What does reviewing a month or two of my posts about Trump tell you? Do you think the only way I can be self-aware is if that month or two of posts was well-balanced with both criticisms and defenses? Why? Do you apply that test to Hillary Supporters? Bernie supporters? AOC supporters? I doubt it.

Go through your posts in the last several months and locate all the times you took issue with those on this forum who are 100% anti-trump. have you called on them to balance their criticisms with defenses? Why not?

Trump wasn't my first choice when the field was large, but when it boiled down to Trump or Hillary, my choice was clear - Trump all the way.