Republicans: continued

Jason
Destroyer of words

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Jason » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:02 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:50 pm
I find it weird that, in modern days, it is the US right wing who are embracing the bear. In days gone by, "Russian" was almost as good a red flag to the right as homosexual or atheist... :tea:
Have you heard how the Russians persecute homosexuals these days? No sir. I ain't flying a Red flag.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:45 am

JimC wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:50 pm
I find it weird that, in modern days, it is the US right wing who are embracing the bear. In days gone by, "Russian" was almost as good a red flag to the right as homosexual or atheist... :tea:
any port in a storm. Getting a known enemy to fuck up another adversary of yours is a good way to a) fuck up whoever you want down, b) when their meddling gets noticed, you can cry wolf at the enemy's meddling into your internal affairs, and go back to treating him like he actually deserves to be.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:36 pm

This is Terrible! Public will find out exactly who was bribed!
The Democratic lawmakers faced stiff objections from congressional Republicans, who accused them of seeking to violate Mr. Trump’s privacy, setting a dangerous precedent for political retribution and abusing the power laid out in the law…

“Where does it end?” [GOP congressman Mike] Kelly asked. “What about the tax returns of the speaker? Members of Congress? Federal employees? Or, for that matter, any political donors? There is no end in sight for those whose tax information may be in jeopardy.”
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/ ... rency.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:09 pm

I'm pretty sure the Republicans would be singing a different tune if it were the Clintons (for instance) who'd refused to make their tax returns public.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:12 pm

The firm..though there are about 20% grumbling about trade and tariffss...support of Trump by Republicans is explained by their firm belief that all government, even city hall with a Democrat mayor, is bad. After all, he just has to take care of roads and plumbing!
Trump ispos Jan 30 19.jpg

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:08 pm

Oh look - Tero found more evidence to support his firmly expressed bias.

I'm not as surprised as I expected I would be.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:46 am

Republican tbeme: insurance is not for sick people!
https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/ ... onditions/

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:11 pm

While anti-vaccination idiocy has advocates on both the left and the right, in the US it's gaining ground among Republicans, while Democrats are moving in the other direction. Then there are people like this:

'Darla Shine, Wife of Top Trump Official Bill Shine, Goes on Pro-Measles, Anti-Vax Rant'
The wife of a top Trump White House official went on an unhinged anti-vaccination Twitter rant Wednesday morning, wrongly suggesting that the deadly measles virus could be beneficial.

Darla Shine, a former TV producer, is the wife of Bill Shine, a former Fox News executive and current White House deputy chief of staff for communications. Her rant was sparked by a CNN segment on the measles outbreak in Washington and Oregon, which has thus far seen more than 50 unvaccinated individuals contracting the disease—in addition to more than 200 cases in New York.
Here we go LOL #measlesoutbreak on #CNN #Fake #Hysteria

The entire Baby Boom population alive today had the #Measles as kids
Bring back our #ChildhoodDiseases they keep you healthy & fight cancer

Darla Shine 1:43 PM - Feb 13, 2019

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Autism causes vaccines.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:55 am

He was misquoted! Just move that em dash and everything's cool, man. A rising tide of Republicans are signing on to support the dreadfully misunderstood definitely-not-a-white-supremacist. Give him back his legislative privileges!

'Steve King spins GOP punishment into political weapon'
Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) is mounting an aggressive pressure campaign in response to House GOP leaders punishing him by taking away his committee assignments over his comments about white nationalism.

House GOP leaders are signaling that it is unlikely they'll change their minds about granting King spots on committees in the future, but King is capitalizing on the issue in an effort to force their hands as well as shore up support in his home district.

In the Iowa district he has represented since 2003, King is holding town halls where he presents himself as the target of the media and Washington establishment.

King asked supporters at a recent event to pray for House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to reverse the decision about his committee assignments, saying that the leader needs to "separate his ego from this issue and look at it objectively."

McCarthy does not seem moved by King's efforts.

King has also asked for a change in the Congressional Record transcript of his House floor remarks last month that would move a dash in his controversial quote to The New York Times. King has claimed that his comments to the Times appearing to question why the terms white nationalist and white supremacist have become offensive were misinterpreted due to a misplaced dash and wants the hyphen moved in the official record.

"White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?" King was quoted as saying in the Times. King wants the dash moved to in front of "Western civilization" as he says he meant to ask when that subject became offensive.

King also this month released a letter to McCarthy from more than 200 conservatives across the nation demanding that the House GOP leader issue an apology and reinstate King's committee assignments.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:13 am

Ah, the sweet, sweet advantages of having the Georgia Speaker of the House as your attorney.

'Alleged victims say powerful Georgia lawmaker repeatedly delays cases'
David Shell has a long record of beating up women.

He once beat his ex-wife so badly she blacked out, her left eye nearly swollen shut, then he locked her in their home so she couldn’t reach a hospital, she said.

Another time, he threw a girlfriend to the ground and slapped and choked her, court records show.

So when another bruised and bloodied girlfriend told police he had flown into a rage and head-butted her and bit her finger at a camper park in Ellijay, Shell faced serious consequences. A grand jury charged him as a repeat offender, which could mean up to 20 years in prison for aggravated assault.

Yet more than four years after his indictment, Shell remains a free man, the charges against him stymied. A big reason: He paid a large retainer fee to hire an attorney who is also one of Georgia’s most powerful lawmakers, state Speaker of the House David Ralston.

Just as Ralston has done for other clients charged with violent or heinous crimes, he used his elected position to delay hearings and court dates, preventing the case from moving forward in the Gilmer County justice system.

“That’s why I gave him 20,000 bucks,” Shell told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “He’s worth every penny of it.”

A joint investigation by the AJC and Channel 2 Action News found that Ralston appears to be misusing the power of his public office to benefit his private law practice. By doing no more than writing letters to judges declaring that court dates interfere with his lawmaking duties, he has been able to keep cases perpetually off the docket. But his tactics can thwart justice, harm crime victims and put the public at risk.

Ralston has tied up cases for clients charged with child molestation, child cruelty, assault, terroristic threats, drunk driving and other crimes.

Often, he writes letters that stave off cases in bulk. That keeps his clients free on bond, while their chances of escaping harsh punishment get better with every passing year.

“Please be advised that I am hereby requesting a continuance of these three cases from the criminal calendar call,” reads one of Ralston’s typical letters. “I hereby certify to the Court that my legislative duties and obligations will require that I be elsewhere on that date.”

Under a state law dating back to 1905, judges and prosecutors must defer to the legislative schedule of any practicing attorney who serves in the General Assembly. Other attorney-lawmakers, though, are mainly relegated to claiming the exemption during the annual 40-day legislative sessions.

As House speaker, Ralston, who practices law in the rural, mountainous counties of North Georgia, can claim conflicts year-round. In 21 cases examined in four counties over a two-year period, he filed 57 requests for continuances.

Ralston declined to grant an interview for this story, instead issuing a written statement through a spokesman.

“Legislative leave is a long-established provision of Georgia law which recognizes the unique needs of a citizen-legislature and protects the independence of the legislative branch of state government,” the statement said. “Like other members of the General Assembly, I utilize this provision outside of the legislative session, when necessary, to attend to my legislative duties as both a state representative and Speaker of the House.”

In case after case reviewed by the newspaper and Channel 2, Ralston utilized the provision repeatedly. One man’s DUI case has been pending for more than a decade, delayed at least 17 times by Ralston. A man charged with enticing a child for indecent purposes has been awaiting trial since 2009, with Ralston filing for 14 delays.

It’s been more than five years since a 14-year-old girl told police that a traveling evangelist who preached at her church and stayed over in her Hiawassee home raped and molested her. Ralston has put off that case in Towns County Superior Court at least eight times citing legislative duties and sessions.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:48 pm

D3AF316D-8CE4-4E89-A156-E294900C9CCF.jpeg
A Trump clone, pleasing his holy rollers: let’s take contraception away from the poor. They will have less sex so less abortions!

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:47 am

593F371F-96EE-406F-B75D-8AD21E9DBABB.jpeg

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:25 pm

mitch the libertarian.jpg
mitch the libertarian.jpg (37.44 KiB) Viewed 2971 times

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:58 am

The Republican Party Completely and Utterly Disgraced Itself at Michael Cohen's Hearing
The questioning from these products of the conservative bubble world was so bad it made a career hoodlum look good.

Not one Republican asked a question about the specific offenses that Cohen had illuminated in his opening statement.
Instead, they hammered away at Cohen's own crimes..
..Jim Jordan of Ohio, or to Jordan's fellow Freedom Caucasian, Mark Meadows of North Carolina, and those two jamokes couldn't get out of their own way.

Jordan insisted that some dark—Dare he say, Clintonian?—forces were behind Cohen's testimony, using the name of Lanny Davis, the old Clinton hand who is Cohen's attorney, as a conjuring word. Jordan expressed surprise that Cohen might have consulted with the chairmen of other committees before which he might testify. He got so insufferable that Steve Lynch, Democrat of Massachusetts, went all Southie on Jordan's mug, running through a litany of people connected with the Trump campaign and/or the administration* who have been arrested, indicted, convicted, or copped a plea.
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... ace-trump/