BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Re: BREXIT! BREXIT! BREXIT!

Post by rainbow » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:20 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:11 pm
No, I'm serious. Neoliberalism is an insidious and destructive ideology. You might have got a temporary economic boost by selling off public infrastructure and transferring state debt to private hands, but in the end the state of the economy and society will always end up worsening.
Arse about face.
The object is to privatise assets, and nationalise liabilities.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:36 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:58 pm
Rum wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:57 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:10 pm
well, it didn't start with the referendum, I fear it started when blair arrived at Downing Street, and only worsened when the tories replaced the right wing 'labourites".
Blair is and always will be tainted by Iraq, and quite rightly, but NewLabour did find a way to stimulate the economy, encourage business and therefore increase the tax take and then to direct it at social/public issues.
Do you have link regarding increased tax intake?

What did private and public debt do during his time? What did inequality do during this time?
Well I'm not going to dig around too much when you can perfectly well do so if you are interested. My comments were based on personal experience being at the coal face at the time. However, a quick google gets you this, for example:

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/5509 ... er-labour/

...and a quote from the page: '

"During the period 1997-2007, the UK economy was growing strongly (at an average of around 2.5%), this rise in tax revenues allowed the government to spend more on public services, such as health and education. However, towards the end of 2000-07 government spending increased at a slightly faster rate than GDP growth.
The biggest beneficiary of the government’s higher spending was health care. Health care spending almost doubled in real terms between 1999 and 2010."

I would add that education saw big increases too. I appointed 42 new members of staff for a project with 1 million the government gave the county because they liked the look of a project I proposed. Heady days!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:39 pm

rainbow wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:20 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:11 pm
No, I'm serious. Neoliberalism is an insidious and destructive ideology. You might have got a temporary economic boost by selling off public infrastructure and transferring state debt to private hands, but in the end the state of the economy and society will always end up worsening.
Arse about face.
The object is to privatise assets, and nationalise liabilities.
Not at all. The goal is to have the public personally pay for their former state services as much as possible. This is why we've seen a huge surge in private debt over the last 40 years. The state is transferring liability for services to the individual.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:37 am

Queen to be evacuated if Brexit turns ugly – reports

Cold war plans revived to move royals to safe locations away from London if unrest follows no deal

British officials have revived cold war emergency plans to relocate the royal family should there be riots in London if Britain suffers a disruptive departure from the European Union, two Sunday newspapers have reported.

“These emergency evacuation plans have been in existence since the cold war but have now been repurposed in the event of civil disorder following a no-deal Brexit,” the Sunday Times said, quoting an unnamed source from the government’s Cabinet Office, which handles sensitive administrative issues.

The Mail on Sunday also said it had learnt of plans to move the royal family, including Queen Elizabeth, to safe locations away from London.

n January an annual speech by the Queen, 92, to a women’s group was widely interpreted in Britain as a call for politicians to reach agreement over Brexit.

Jacob Rees-Mogg, a Conservative MP and keen supporter of Brexit, told the Mail on Sunday he believed the plans showed unnecessary panic by officials over a no-deal Brexit as senior royals had remained in London during bombing in the second world war.

But the Sunday Times said an ex-police officer formerly in charge of royal protection, Dai Davies, expected Queen Elizabeth would be moved out of London if there was unrest. “If there were problems in London, clearly you would remove the royal family away from those key sites,” Davies was quoted as saying...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... ly-reports
Rees-Mogg isn't a patriot. The safety of our Britannic Majesty is of paramount importance to the nation. Traitor!! Just don't let Phillip do the driving.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:24 pm

Nissan are buggering off too now due to ‘brexit uncertainty’.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:41 pm

I guess the story about the story about the Queen (!) is why the Cabinet Office, the Prime Minister's prime ministerial department, is 'leaking' such things to the Mail and Sunday Times?

Shawnuff, all the Sunday politics programmes took this as their top item, keeping the most recent of Mrs May's disastrous weeks in office further down the running order.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:04 am

...the queen to be evacuated in case of Brexit unrest! :lol:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:23 am

I so hope that happens.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:34 am

Rum wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:24 pm
Not entirely. You can still get a bullet-proof Infiniti SUV, I believe.
BArF−4

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 am

...and you'll probably need one...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:09 am

JimC wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:31 am
...and you'll probably need one...
Why Choose Infiniti QX80?

We are known around the globe as a top provider of armored Infiniti QX80s because we listen carefully to our clients’ needs and respond with advanced custom solutions. Our design and engineering teams have years of experience armoring vehicles for even the most volatile environments, keeping occupants safe and comfortable at all times.

The sophisticated interior of this SUV has leather-appointed seats, sharp contrasting silver stitching/piping, matte finish ash wood accents, and a silky Ultrasuede® headliner. Occupants enjoy a warm and welcoming space that prioritizes elegance, high-quality materials, and in-cabin comfort. Noise-insulating glass keeps the interior quiet and serene, even with crowds of people outside – a great feature for celebrities.

The Infiniti QX80 is a top choice for an armored vehicle if you want to ride in maximum style with discrete protection from rifle fire and blasts. If you are ready to start designing an armored Infiniti QX80 or other mid-size SUV
https://www.armoredcars.com/vehicles/ar ... niti-qx80/
BArF−4

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Rum wrote:
Interesting, if they do intend to break away from the alliance with Renault, I'd expect them to stay in out of EU locations.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:53 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:20 pm
Rum wrote:
Interesting, if they do intend to break away from the alliance with Renault, I'd expect them to stay in out of EU locations.
If one reads behind the Brexit headlines there are other, equally sound reasons for backing out of building their new diesel car in the NE of the UK, not least the global slowdown and the fact that diesel has more or less overnight became the steed of the devil!

PsychoSerenity
"I" Self-Perceive Recursively

Post by PsychoSerenity » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:20 pm

The NHS is stockpiling body bags to cope with no deal Brexit

A letter from health minister Stephen Hammond to a fellow MP, giving assurances to one of his constituents, confirmed the macabre course of action, in a bid to offer reassurance that the NHS will continue to operate despite the disruption.
:crumple:
[Disclaimer - if this is comes across like I think I know what I'm talking about, I want to make it clear that I don't. I'm just trying to get my thoughts down]

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:04 am

:what:
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.