Yet more problematic stuff

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by Forty Two » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:49 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:57 am
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 pm
I'm an atheist, but I believe in personal redemption on this earth, and I believe in forgiveness and a modicum of tolerance here.
Oh, please. Yes, you're very forgiving toward hateful, psychotic authoritarian right-wing assholes like Trump, who you continue to support regardless of all the cruel policies his administration has enacted that ruin the lives of brown immigrants and asylum seekers, Haitian refugees, Vietnamese refugees, trans soldiers, gay people, etc. You've got no forgiveness or tolerance for his victims though, do you, so drop the nice guy act.
whattaboutism!! whattaboutism!! :funny:

Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
I have no doubt that if Northam was a Republican, the treatment of the offender wold be far, far, farrrr worse and more onerous and the guy would already be gone, and there would be no hand-wringing or discussion on MSNBC and CNN with both sides of the story being agonizingly poured over - no -- but, that hypocrisy doesn't change the fact that Northam is being pilloried for something that (a) should have been discovered, and if deemed relevant publicized decades ago, and (b) is 34 years ago when the guy was in his early 20s, in a far less "conservative" age in a far more "tolerant" age where people didn't get their lives destroyed over costumes and politically incorrect humor.
Pfft. Surely you jest. Republicans get caught doing racist shit all the time, but it's usually barely a blip on the radar because we're all used to it. Steve King has been doing far worse for over a decade, and only just recently has had to pay any sort of political price for it.
More nonsense. You won't see Steve King in "blackface." And, most of what he gets criticized for is not racist. He's anti-immigrant. He's pro "western civilization." He thinks an influx of people from Muslim countries dilutes our culture. It's only when white people say stuff like that that it's called racist - because white people don't get to have cultures. Only black and brown people do, and Muslims.

And I thought "whattaboutism" was off limits here - I mean, we're talking about the Democrats and their black face. The first thing you always do is point to someone else and say "see! they did the same or worse!" :funny: Tu quoque! Tu quoque! :tut:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:19 pm

I think Harris said it best yesterday, when he pointed out that the left has their firing squad standing in a circle.

As to where the republicans are calling for that resignation, or calling their President a liar, I think they are all related.

Though, I think if you had L'Emmerdeur and Forty Two both independantly make lists of Trumps 'lies', you would find PLENTY of disagreement on the 'facts' of the matter.

I don't doubt that lefties tear each other apart openly, while righties stay in formation. It holds true with what I have seen, anyway. Why would you expect it to be different?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:35 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:49 pm
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
I'm an atheist, but I believe in personal redemption on this earth, and I believe in forgiveness and a modicum of tolerance here.
Oh, please. Yes, you're very forgiving toward hateful, psychotic authoritarian right-wing assholes like Trump, who you continue to support regardless of all the cruel policies his administration has enacted that ruin the lives of brown immigrants and asylum seekers, Haitian refugees, Vietnamese refugees, trans soldiers, gay people, etc. You've got no forgiveness or tolerance for his victims though, do you, so drop the nice guy act.

Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
I have no doubt that if Northam was a Republican, the treatment of the offender wold be far, far, farrrr worse and more onerous and the guy would already be gone, and there would be no hand-wringing or discussion on MSNBC and CNN with both sides of the story being agonizingly poured over - no -- but, that hypocrisy doesn't change the fact that Northam is being pilloried for something that (a) should have been discovered, and if deemed relevant publicized decades ago, and (b) is 34 years ago when the guy was in his early 20s, in a far less "conservative" age in a far more "tolerant" age where people didn't get their lives destroyed over costumes and politically incorrect humor.
Pfft. Surely you jest. Republicans get caught doing racist shit all the time, but it's usually barely a blip on the radar because we're all used to it. Steve King has been doing far worse for over a decade, and only just recently has had to pay any sort of political price for it.
More nonsense. You won't see Steve King in "blackface." And, most of what he gets criticized for is not racist. He's anti-immigrant. He's pro "western civilization." He thinks an influx of people from Muslim countries dilutes our culture. It's only when white people say stuff like that that it's called racist - because white people don't get to have cultures. Only black and brown people do, and Muslims.

And I thought "whattaboutism" was off limits here - I mean, we're talking about the Democrats and their black face. The first thing you always do is point to someone else and say "see! they did the same or worse!" :funny: Tu quoque! Tu quoque! :tut:
What the hell is wrong with you? You said you were forgiving and tolerant, and I disputed that claim. That's not a whataboutism. Secondly, YOU, not me, YOU brought up the Republicans with your claim that a Republican would have been treated more harshly by the media than Northam. Jackass.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:10 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:49 pm
Seabass wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
That's not whattaboutism. :think:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

trdsf
About me: High functioning sociopath. With your number.

Post by trdsf » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:16 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:19 pm
I think Harris said it best yesterday, when he pointed out that the left has their firing squad standing in a circle.

As to where the republicans are calling for that resignation, or calling their President a liar, I think they are all related.

Though, I think if you had L'Emmerdeur and Forty Two both independantly make lists of Trumps 'lies', you would find PLENTY of disagreement on the 'facts' of the matter.

I don't doubt that lefties tear each other apart openly, while righties stay in formation. It holds true with what I have seen, anyway. Why would you expect it to be different?
Which basically admits to the Republicans' double standard. Thank you.
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:24 pm

Yes, and both parties are full of double-standards and hypocrisy.

Don't know what point that makes, though...except that humans are shitty.

I still like them well enough, though. Flaws and all.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

trdsf
About me: High functioning sociopath. With your number.

Post by trdsf » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:34 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:24 pm
Yes, and both parties are full of double-standards and hypocrisy.

Don't know what point that makes, though...except that humans are shitty.

I still like them well enough, though. Flaws and all.
Actually, as I pointed out, although the Democratic typical response of guilty until proven innocent is problematic, it is at least consistent. The Republicans have a definite edge in applying double standards and hypocrisy.
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:44 am

Getting back on topic, my dog is problematic.
DJK38331.jpg
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:16 am

There is a trigger warning on my new lighter.
20190208_203354.jpg
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:17 am

Under the trigger warning is the warning warning.

Mankind has peaked.
20190208_203420.jpg
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:23 pm

Every one of those warnings is likely the result of a lawsuit. “Keep flame away from face and clothing.” Good ideas there.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:31 pm

This is why I never pursued my dream of being an insertable sex toy manufacturer. Running such a facility would have been quite rewarding, but the number of directions you can be sued from increases by at least three...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:16 am

BarnettNewman wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:23 pm
Every one of those warnings is likely the result of a lawsuit. “Keep flame away from face and clothing.” Good ideas there.
Yep. That's why I always roll and light my reefers in one of these...

Better safe than sorry eh?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:35 am

"Red tape" in the form of safety warnings and regulations have saved more lives than any amount of right-wing bleating will ever admit.

"Small government" in third world countries leads to inevitable, steady flow of preventable disasters...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:36 am

JimC wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:35 am
"Red tape" in the form of safety warnings and regulations have saved more lives than any amount of right-wing bleating will ever admit.

"Small government" in third world countries leads to inevitable, steady flow of preventable disasters...
Oh I like it just fine, but I think what Mike Rowe said to Tucker Carlson was pretty spot-on. (Tucker missed the point, I think)

Rowe said that 'safety first' left aside the hard fact that some work MUST be done. Safety is important, but I think his point was that it couldn't be the lead principle, if you want success.

He said it a little better, though as I said, I don't think Tucker heard it (heard what he wanted to hear)
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: