About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Yet more problematic stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:12 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:05 am
When multi-millionaires like Sanders...
Citation required.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:15 am

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/riche ... net-worth/
Bernie estimated his net worth to be as high as $2 million.
Should we trust him to self-report?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 am

Second-hand report. Where's a link to him saying his worth is $2 million? Most links seem to say he's somewhere between $500-700k. One of the least wealthy senators. Owning your own house would account for most of that.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:49 am

Well, he must be your hero if you are so concerned. You can have it. Bernie may be just poor enough to qualify as not a multi-millionaire.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:09 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:49 am
Well, he must be your hero if you are so concerned. You can have it. Bernie may be just poor enough to qualify as not a multi-millionaire.
You don't feel the Bern, Cunt?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:33 am

I have the weirdest boner.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:39 am

laklak wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:21 am
It's fuckin' hilarious. We got Coonman, the Lt. Gov is apparently a pervert, third guy in line is also a racist, and the 4th in line for the Govship is a Republican. The GOP could pick up another governorship without doing anything at all.

C'mon, this is some funny shit. Only in America, what a country.
:funny:

So the AG also wore blackface?! Wtf is going on with Virginia and blackface? Is there anyone left in Virginia government who hasn't worn blackface? :doh:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:11 am

I've never been in a Virginia while wearing blackface
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 am

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:11 am
I've never been in a Virginia while wearing blackface
Is that because she asked you to wear a bag over your head?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

trdsf
About me: High functioning sociopath. With your number.

Post by trdsf » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:26 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:08 am
trdsf wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:02 am
If digging deep is the problem, it's fair to ask who's doing the digging... and why.
The'why' is pretty clear. We fucking LOVE it. Nothing better than seeing those sanctimonious fuckers knocked off their high horse.

I mean, I like people and everything, but it is SO easy to get a mob cheering for blood...
No, I never watched Jerry Springer, or any of the other shows of that sort. I don't have the 'bread and circuses' mentality. I understand where it comes from psychologically, but that doesn't mean it should be fed. I would like to believe that as a nation or as a species we are, or at least can be, better than that. I'm not sure I do believe that, but I'd like to.

So while mob psychology be a part of it, I think you're oversimplifying the matter. Politics is a much more significant factor. It is simply not coincidental that the same right-wing blog is behind both the Gov Northam and Lt-Gov Fairfax allegations. I still don't know who originally released the accusation against AG Herring, but all three releases were exquisitely timed for maximum impact, much too perfectly timed for coincidence.

And it also doesn't get at one of my original points: where is the Republican outrage when it's a Republican so accused? Why is it always a "youthful indiscretion" when it's a Republican and "*HOWL* *ARGH* *BLOOD*!!!" when it's a Democrat? Well, I mean, I know why — plain, old fashioned hypocrisy — but an explanation is not the same thing as an excuse.
"The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't." -- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:39 am
laklak wrote:
It's fuckin' hilarious. We got Coonman, the Lt. Gov is apparently a pervert, third guy in line is also a racist, and the 4th in line for the Govship is a Republican. The GOP could pick up another governorship without doing anything at all.

So the AG also wore blackface?! Wtf is going on with Virginia and blackface? Is there anyone left in Virginia government who hasn't worn blackface? :doh:
People forget that Virginia was the Heart and Soul of the Confederacy, Richmond was the capitol and it was home to Marse Robert E. Lee, the finest gentleman the South ever produced, bless him.

When I was in high school (graduated '72) blackface wasn't uncommon, even at school sponsored events. We flew the Confederate battle flag at football games.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:47 pm

Cunt wrote:
trdsf wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:58 pm
I would immediatley know if confronted with a photo alleging to be of me in blackface that I had nothing to apologize for because I have never worn blackface.

So Northam's initial apology sounds to me like appearing in a racist photograph was something he had to admit he could have plausibly done, which is in and of itself disturbing, and tilts me slightly in the direction of 'resign'.
Tell me, is everyone who ever wore 'blackface' an official racist?

Is that 'racist' deserving of anything? Political office? Government employee benefits? Water? Electricity?

'Racist' usually doesn't seem to mean 'carries out current racist acts' anymore, it now seems to be anyone who can be accused by wearing the wrong costume, or saying the wrong word.
Is everyone who has ever lied an actual “liar?”

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:48 pm

laklak wrote:It's fuckin' hilarious. We got Coonman, the Lt. Gov is apparently a pervert, third guy in line is also a racist, and the 4th in line for the Govship is a Republican. The GOP could pick up another governorship without doing anything at all.

Yep. It’s almost like there are some fundamental problems that go beyond partisanship. First step is admitting there’s a problem.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:20 pm

trdsf wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:26 pm

And it also doesn't get at one of my original points: where is the Republican outrage when it's a Republican so accused? Why is it always a "youthful indiscretion" when it's a Republican and "*HOWL* *ARGH* *BLOOD*!!!" when it's a Democrat? Well, I mean, I know why — plain, old fashioned hypocrisy — but an explanation is not the same thing as an excuse.
It isn't only one side doing it. The Ford allegations were 'timed', and played like a gambit.

Both sides are appealing to that lowest common element. Both sides tell their voters that the others side are deplorable.

I am a leftie. Always been one in my mind. Always come up leftie on those political compass things. Bet you wouldn't expect that the most common thing, when I take a nuanced stance on a 'signal issue' (such as the Ford allegations) is to accuse me of being a rightie.

I feel conservative about a lot of stuff, would choose conservative candidates in some cases. Doesn't matter...if I don't toe the party line on an idea, the party members start accusing me of being the enemy.
BarnettNewman wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:47 pm
Is everyone who has ever lied an actual “liar?”
Depends who is defining 'lie' and 'liar', doesn't it?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:11 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:39 am
laklak wrote:

I went to college in the 1980s in the northeast. College costume parties back then, usually around Halloween, were free-wheeling with the political incorrectness. I recall people showing up to different parties dressed as Jesus, black slaves, cult members, cross-dressers, pregnant nuns, pedophile priests, human mammogram machines, cowboys and indians, "sexy" everything, pimps and prostitutes, Jim Jones with a big thing of Kool Aid, Mexicans running for the border, you name it.

It was a time before (a) instant viral video, images and news, and (b) people took everything so damn seriously that what high school and college kids did was thought to be something they should be punished for for the rest of their lives.

Now, I can say that I personally never wore black-face to anything, but I do recall people showing up as Michael Jackson and other black figures with dark make-up. However, at costume events these were not being offered as "Al Jolson" minstrel shows. These were costume parties. Everyone was looking to get a laugh, be scary, or push a limit in some way. If there was some terrible incident in the news - you would definitely expect to see it at a costume party -- in the 1980s you saw Bernard Getz at a Halloween Party, the Son of Sam/.44 caliber killer, a crazed postman, Tawana Brawley and Al Sharpton would show up, etc.

I am no fan of Democrats or Virginia Governor Northam, but really -- this was 35 years ago, folks. He was apparently in a costume with someone else, or if his denial is true then he was just in a Michael Jackson costume doing the Moonwalk. Now, even doing the Moonwalk itself was alluded to on CNN or MSNBC the other day as being racist or cultural appropriation.

How about we let the guy go. Let's not crush this guy's entire career because in 1984 he was politically incorrect at a costume party. I'm an atheist, but I believe in personal redemption on this earth, and I believe in forgiveness and a modicum of tolerance here. This constant outrage cycle of reactionary attack and attack and attack - where people who have no real business caring much about a given incident are joining bandwagons and online-torch-and-pitchfork brigades looking to destroy people's lives.

This is not healthy. This is not good.

I have no doubt that if Northam was a Republican, the treatment of the offender wold be far, far, farrrr worse and more onerous and the guy would already be gone, and there would be no hand-wringing or discussion on MSNBC and CNN with both sides of the story being agonizingly poured over - no -- but, that hypocrisy doesn't change the fact that Northam is being pilloried for something that (a) should have been discovered, and if deemed relevant publicized decades ago, and (b) is 34 years ago when the guy was in his early 20s, in a far less "conservative" age in a far more "tolerant" age where people didn't get their lives destroyed over costumes and politically incorrect humor.

Let's stop this nonsense.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar