US Election 2020

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Re: US Election 2020

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:00 pm

But science says she is part indiginous north american, so everything should be fine for her.

Besides, isn't it racist to deny her the presidency based on her race (or lack of a race)?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:05 pm

As I'm sure you're aware, there is a whole minefield involved with people who have a distant first nations ancestor claiming to be first nations. It's an issue that will dog her throughout her campaign - I can only imagine the attack ads and memes that will result. I'll be surprised if she can pull off a win, which is too bad because I liked her for 2020 prior to this.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:07 pm

Tero wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:45 pm
Warren is toast?
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/02/06/politi ... cnn.com%2F
Now to sit back and wait for the gleeful shouts of 'CNN FAKE NEWS!'

No? Oh well.

Warren has some worthwhile things to say about how economic changes in the US have squeezed the middle class. Even Tucker Carlson has found her commentary incisive, to the point that he said he might vote for her in 2020 (not that anybody, including him, believes that).

There is no evidence that she claimed Indian heritage to advance her career, but the fact that she claimed it at all is a political liability. She doesn't belong to a tribe, and she doesn't look like an Indian. Forget the fact that plenty of Indians in the US don't look any more Indian than she does, and that some of them likely have just as little Indian ancestry as she does.

Politics is mummery, and appearances make a difference. By claiming Indian heritage while looking like a more or less typical white American she's supplied a political cudgel that is irresistible to a goon like Trump. If she's got enough political savvy she will not toss her hat in the ring. Instead, she'll continue to point out Trump's failings and lies while supporting the eventual Democratic nominee.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:11 pm

Jason wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:05 pm
As I'm sure you're aware, there is a whole minefield involved with people who have a distant first nations ancestor claiming to be first nations. It's an issue that will dog her throughout her campaign - I can only imagine the attack ads and memes that will result. I'll be surprised if she can pull off a win, which is too bad because I liked her for 2020 prior to this.
I didn't like her because of her overt racism. I find it tough to see past it.

Trump mocking her for it was good (but I think got HIM called racist even more lol)

She basically used racism directly for her personal gain. She should be forced to live her twilight years in the communities she stole her pretend heritage from.

It's not reason to disqualify a candidate, really. I mean, with todays definitions, everyone is probably racist. Her stealing the race of an oppressed people, for her personal gain, seems a bit extra-nasty though. Not just your run-of-the-mill bad comment or costume, but a whole career based on stolen race.

Of course, US politicians have a history of taking stuff from the indiginous peoples, so it isn't really anything other than her celebrating her own culture.

I do think it's good that her and Trump's back-and-forth refreshed cultural memory about 'Wounded Knee', since it is always good to remember why oppressed people should have the right to keep guns.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:14 pm

well, I"d never call her pocahontasn she's far too old for the part, but I never liked her either, good riddance to bad business
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:17 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Overt racism? I must have missed that. Links please.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:21 pm

I liked her because she has appeal on multiple fronts: She has a good track record as a senator, she's a woman (I hate identity politics, but if you want to win you have to play to the crowd), and she's a former republican and may draw some undecided voters from the right of centre her way.

She stood a fair chance at winning 2020 in my estimation, but now... not so much.

Not that I liked her so much, but she looked like the best the Dems could offer. Also she's not so old as to die in office (unlike some other Dem potential nominees).

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 pm

Jason wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:17 pm
Cunt wrote:
She said she was an american indian, to gain the advantages granted to that oppressed group, stealing their identity, then growing her career with it.

It's not all that difficult to see. Or do you have another reason why she claimed to be indiginous?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 pm

Jason wrote:
Cunt wrote:
well, she claimed her Amerind ancestry, real or faked so she could scream racism at anybody trying to diss her, that is a kind of racism, if reversed from the usual way.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 pm

No problem. We have a half a dozen women to whip Trump. And Trump will pay for it.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 pm
Jason wrote:
Cunt wrote:
She said she was an american indian, to gain the advantages granted to that oppressed group, stealing their identity, then growing her career with it.

It's not all that difficult to see. Or do you have another reason why she claimed to be indiginous?
I'm not sure that qualifies as racism, but then what definition are we operating on? I prefer the Oxford dictionary definition https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/racism

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 pm
well, she claimed her Amerind ancestry, real or faked so she could scream racism at anybody trying to diss her, that is a kind of racism, if reversed from the usual way.
She claimed it also for career gain.

It's as vulgar and greedy as a white person taking the top job at the NAACP while pretending to be black. Both these are exploiting racism for personal gain, and denying someone who really IS of that race, a seat at the table.

It's racist to impersonate a race to steal their racial heritage, isn't it? Or is that just an example of celebrating American Culture?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 pm
It's racist to impersonate a race to steal their racial heritage, isn't it?
No. Words have definitions and are useful because they mean the same thing to everyone. What she did was opportunistic, not racist.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Jason wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:42 pm
Cunt wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 pm
It's racist to impersonate a race to steal their racial heritage, isn't it?
No. Words have definitions and are useful because they mean the same thing to everyone. What she did was opportunistic, not racist.
Fair enough, but what she (and that NAACP opportunist) did is about the only clear attack on a race I've seen by a public figure in quite some time.

Most racism isn't so open. Maybe it isn't racism. Is it closer to 'stolen valor'?

Whatever it is, it should lose her the election. She lied about being oppressed to get ahead.

Actually, now that I think of it, that IS the new left program...lots of people on the left claiming their victimhood status gives them special value...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Jason wrote:
Cunt wrote:
Nah, that's not going to happen. :bored:

As the very story linked at the beginning of this particular discussion pointed out, there is still no evidence that Warren claimed Indian heritage in order to advance her career, nor that her claim of Indian heritage advanced her career regardless of her intent. It's a narrative concocted by her political opponents.