Individual-1, a joke or a threat? (talk Trump)

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Re: Individual-1, a joke or a threat? (talk Trump)

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:20 pm

I don't want to make him look racist. Are you saying he didn't know how that would be taken? You, the guy who provided this, oh so understanding analysis of an actual "victims" words used in her own defense:
Yes.

If she answered with 'I don't have nudes out there, but some of my trusted and respected friends do, so I'm going to do a shoot next week', it would have seemed she didn't mind naked chicks.

By answering the way she has, it sounds like she thinks she is better, because the nudies aren't out there.

I don't agree that showing your naked body to the world is wrong, but she seemed to agree, with her politically correct answer.

As long as she sees the nudie pics as some kind of 'attack', she is feeding into the narrative that only sluts have 'those photos' out there.

You know what I think when I see pics of a naked chick? It's a bit incoherent, but the best written translation is 'WOOHOO!!!'. Does that sound like shaming?

Because her response does.
--and what she said
For those out of the loop, Republicans began to circulate a fake nude photo of me. The @DailyCaller reposted it (!) and refused to indicate it was fake in the title as well.

Completely disgusting behavior from Conservative outlets.

No wonder they defended Kavanaugh so fiercely.
:lol: --get real bud

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:30 pm

I've found that most people who talk about racism, are engaging in it.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:14 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Animavore wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:00 pm
Context doesn't matter, then?

He didn't compare Mexicans to zoo animals, ffs. :fp:
It’s an Instagram post. How much context do you think those have?

Trump Jr. suggests border wall is like a zoo fence - CBS News
"You know why you can enjoy a day at the zoo? Because walls work," Trump Jr., 41, wrote in his Instagram story.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:34 pm

I've heard many people compare a busy mall (or other venue) to a 'zoo'. Were they de-humanizing all those people?

Should I call them out, anonymously, to their bosses?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Cunt wrote:I've heard many people compare a busy mall (or other venue) to a 'zoo'. Were they de-humanizing all those people?

Should I call them out, anonymously, to their bosses?
Do you ever quit with poor and false equivalencies?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 pm

When do you plan to stop being hilariously wrong?
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:12 am

”I am really smart.” Except not about planning.
9D47BD3B-F5C6-42F8-9F36-908460E531BA.jpeg

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:34 am

Looks like Putin will have to airlift Agent Orange to his new homeland soon.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:47 am

Cunt wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:38 pm
Hermit wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:50 am
Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 pm
Countries tax each other all the time, in the form of tariffs for importing things. I don't know why you are making the distinction you are, but yes, if Mexico decides to stop having import/export relationships with the US, they can't be taxed.

You are right, and if tariffs put on Mexico pay for the wall, Trump WILL say that Mexico paid for it, he will gain public support that way, and you will still be right.
That's not how tariffs work. Let's say Trump puts a 25% impost on the guacamole Mexico exports to the US. Naturally, US consumers will buy less guacamole imported from Mexico, but US consumption of Mexican guacamole will not cease altogether. So, who pays the increased price due to the tariff? That's right. I knew you'd figure out eventually that the US consumer will pay for it. And of course there is no tariff on the guacamole Mexico does not sell, so there is no tax to be paid that pays for the wall by anybody.
Hermit, you are reasonable, smart, and not at all who is going to be convinced by this, but try to imagine most people.

Mexico is going to pay for the wall, as long as Trump can claim that it does effectively. (by 'effectively', convincing to his voters)
Mexico is not paying for the wall. US consumers are paying the tariffs. I just explained it to you. Anyone who says Mexico is paying for the wall via the imposed tariffs is either pig ignorant or a brazen liar.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:50 am

Animavore wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 pm
It's Facebook but I couldn't capture it in one screenshot on my phone.
I would've done it all in one post but that function is broken.
George Godwyn
Yesterday at 11:41 AM ·

During the run up to the 1988 presidential election, VP George GW Bush’s campaign ran what could’ve been a fairly innocuous, mundane “tough on crime” attack ad against his opponent. It explained that Gov. Dukakis had initiated a weekend furlough program while he was governor and then described one particularly brutal failure of that program, the story of a prisoner who raped a young woman and stabbed her partner while on one such pass. It was definitely an attack ad, and strictly anecdotal, based on only the one event, but nothing really out of the ordinary for a political campaign.

The prisoner’s name was Willie Horton, of course, as you may know. The reason you may know it is that the ad has become synonymous with racism. Because Willie Horton was black.

Mind you, nowhere in the ad is his race mentioned as causal or connected to his crimes. They showed a picture of Bush, they showed a picture of Michael Dukakis, and then they showed a couple pictures of Willie Horton, the man the advertisement is about, and he happened to be black.

Again, no mention of race, just his picture and the story of what the man actually did. And this has become the metonym for political racism, the actual label, for racism in politics.

A couple nights ago the president delivered a presidential address to announce a state of emergency along the southern border, the first such address of his administration. It’s always fun watching the president try to read, of course, so I tuned in to watch him babble about the wall for a bit and I wasn’t disappointed. In any other conceivable circumstance, I would empathize with his terrible inability to, well, I was going to say read or speak, but really I guess I just mean function.

After the president was done halting and drymouthing his way through the portion of his presidential address devoted to big numbers and outright lies, he got to the (as far as I know) true part, the part his fans were waiting for, the money shot. The part where he got to describe immigrants murdering people. His eyes lit up, the words came a bit more surely, and he went through a few recent homicides for his fans in fairly lurid specifics. Sitting behind the Resolute desk, our commander in chief lovingly recounted his tales of hammers and beheadings and rapes, all committed by foreigners, immigrants, intruders invading from the south.

Since the speech I’ve been reading, listening, watching. I’ve seen lots of us mocking him, debunking his obviously, as always, absurd numbers, but not much about his immigrant horror stories. Nothing, really, I don’t think.

Seems worth noting that this is where we’re at now.

Thirty years ago, simply describing a crime and singling out a black man as the perpetrator in a political ad was roundly considered unacceptably and horribly racist, even by the men who did it a few years later. The simple subtext of using an African-American as an example was seen for the dogwhistle it surely was and rightly considered so egregious that the ad is infamous in political history.

And now the President of the United States, sitting behind his seal of office, can simply say “Here’s what you get if you allow Mexicans into the United States…” and then giddily recount grand guignol narratives of death and dismemberment and simply, directly, attribute them to immigration, brown people, without thought or comment. it’s just business as usual. We’re just used to it.

That’s where we’re at, and it was always the primary, obvious danger we were headed for, the minute he came down that escalator. It could’ve gone bad, it could still go bad, in many more catastrophic ways, but fortunately, so far, he’s been too inept to get much of anything truly disastrous done. But right from that first speech, it was obvious, this was absolutely going to happen. It was his gift He was going to make us worse.

Millions of people would listen to that man, take cues from him, learn how to treat others, understand how to behave, and Donald Trump would give them one simple message - your hatred is good, it’s welcome, it’s right and righteous. You have a right to hate those people, they’re less than you.

The hateful would become more hateful, the vicious, more vicious, more evil. He would appeal to the worst of us, and the worst in each of us. Nourishing it, allowing it to flourish, encouraging the worst of us to network with each other over their shared awfulness.

While the rest of us watch, shake our heads, and become inured, acclimated.

It had to happen. What else can we do? How long can you stay angry, livid, outraged? The unavoidable, psyche-assaulting, open racism - continuous, pounding at us all day, news, social media, office conversations, Uber-drivers, strangers, relatives, friends, until it’s just normal, it’s part of our daily routine. “Ok, sure, that guy’s racist. Noted.” You have to live your life, you can’t keep your righteous rage meter pinned all day, week, year.

So we get used to it. We have to. Just to get by. To continue. And it’s understandable. It’s necessary.

But every fucking time the President does that, every time he talks about immigrants, Mexicans, Muslims, “the others”, raping and murdering and beheading, remember this - someone, somewhere is paying for it. Someone real, someone alive, today, is going to receive that bill. Remember that.

Some asshole is giving a woman a shitty look on the bus, right now, because of that speech. A convenience store just refused someone qualified a job, because of that speech, and some security guard is following someone around another store. Some eight year old Just got his ass kicked by the other kids on a playground, somewhere, because of that speech and some other kid just got shoved into a cage by an ICE officer. Someone is going to be punched in the face because of that speech, kicked in the mouth, beaten into the ground. Somewhere, some cop is going to kill someone because he heard that speech, and that speech gave him permission.

No matter how many times you hear the monster we have in White House say these things, no matter how many times his assembly of orcs and lickspittles backs him up, don’t forget that. When the dumb, hateful, malignant man who runs the world opens his mouth to let the flies and hate out, people die. He changes destinies, mutilates psyches, and people die. Real people. And his words kill them.

A couple years ago, when this started, some of us used to trade the phrase “This is not normal.” back and forth as a slogan.

Remember. It still isn’t. Remember that.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 8083698763
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:01 am

2017 apprehensions.jpg
2017 apprehensions.jpg (29.4 KiB) Viewed 1551 times
Last time I had 2017 missing. And 2018 is about the same. No emergency here.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:36 am

More up to date and detailed figures:

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:21 am

Hermit wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:47 am
Anyone who says Mexico is paying for the wall via the imposed tariffs is either pig ignorant or a brazen liar.
NOW you're getting it.

The ones who will say it are Trump and his team. Agreed?

The ones who will believe him, will be convinced, regardless of all your nuanced facts.

See what I mean?

You are bringing a Richard Dawkins to do intellectual battle, with an aging Hulk Hogan, in a smelly old gym.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 am

I am starting to think that Donald is a free mason gone delusional! Mason-Freimauer, incredibly influential, it's a who's-who thing, also in Switzerland, the richest industrial families are lodge members, they started lifting the curtain occasionally and giving talks...
Some research shows that many US-presidents were free masons.
In any case, this may explain the obsession with walls!