Individual-1, a joke or a threat? (talk Trump)

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Individual-1, a joke or a threat? (talk Trump)

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:23 pm

You just don’t know shit do you? I worked in industry for 30 years. I had to present all kinds of techical plans for chemistry. I and the engineer did endless simulations and time lines for a new process. The board voted yes or no. They did no cost estimates.

We the voters are the board. Trump is the fool with a number and ”the wall” as project title. In the project folder there is an empty white sheet.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 pm

Tero wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:23 pm
You just don’t know shit do you? I worked in industry for 30 years. I had to present all kinds of techical plans for chemistry. I and the engineer did endless simulations and time lines for a new process. The board voted yes or no. They did no cost estimates.

We the voters are the board. Trump is the fool with a number and ”the wall” as project title. In the project folder there is an empty white sheet.
YOU said it was the least effective means.

Are you admitting you didn't have any information on which to base that nonsense?
The bipartisan Secure Fence Act of 2006 — supported by then-Sens. Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Joe Biden and others — mandated the construction of hundreds of additional miles of secure fencing and infrastructure investments. Yuma sector was one of the first areas to receive infrastructure investments.

We built new infrastructure along the border east and west of the San Luis Arizona Port of Entry in 2006. The existing fence was quickly lengthened, and we added second and third layers to that fencing in urban areas. Lighting, roads and increased surveillance were added to aid agents patrolling the border.

Although there is still work to do, the border in Yuma sector today is more secure because of this investment. Even under lax enforcement standards, apprehensions in fiscal year 2016 were roughly a 10th of what they were in FY 2005 — and are on track to be even lower this year. Crime has significantly decreased in the Yuma area, and smugglers now look for other less difficult areas of the border to cross — often areas without fencing.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... 586853001/

Just admit that you'd be 100% on board with it, if Schumer and Pelosi said that it was responsible border protection as part of a comprehensive border control system. It's only because the Orange Man is for it that you make your silly declarations.

It'll be immoral until Pelosi says it's not anymore.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:37 pm

I base this on a number of news analysts as well as military experts. Until there is data to prove a 2000 mile wall works, it does not. The border patrol has lots of expert technical detail and military type surveillance to track traffic. This is what the Soviet Union did with their border. Finns just cut off a border zone and placed landmines, until they were banned.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Plus, you still don’t know shit.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:43 pm

You need to change some of your holy sayings. "We, the people.." should really be "We, the 1%.." and "Government of the people, for the people, by the people" is really "Government of the rest of the people, for the elite, by the bought..." It really is 1984.
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 pm

Tero wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:37 pm
I base this on a number of news analysts as well as military experts. Until there is data to prove a 2000 mile wall works, it does not. The border patrol has lots of expert technical detail and military type surveillance to track traffic. This is what the Soviet Union did with their border. Finns just cut off a border zone and placed landmines, until they were banned.
I just posted proof. Where there are walls, they work. Yuma sector.

And, the border patrol experts all say they work.

And, common sense says they work - it's harder to get through or over a wall than when there isn't one there.

I'm happy to have alternatives to a wall. The current situation isn't working, and the Democrats are proposoing something on the order of Jack or Shit to do anything close to what a border wall would do. If they will put forth an alternative plan that is better than a wall, great. But, what they propose is to just admit them into the country, and fund them until their immigration hearing, if they show up.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm

I drove through the Czech/German border in Communist times. It was 10kms deep. with a triple 30 metre fence with semi wild dogs running between them and guard tower posts every kilometre. Now that was a real border but people still got through.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:20 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 pm
I drove through the Czech/German border in Communist times. It was 10kms deep. with a triple 30 metre fence with semi wild dogs running between them and guard tower posts every kilometre. Now that was a real border but people still got through.
Sure, nothing is 100%. However, clearly, far fewer got through than would have without it. Without it, people would have en masse left Czechoslovakia by the 10s of thousands. That wall kept people in, because it sucked so bad there that many people wanted to get outta Prague. It's not as if people wanted to sneak into Czechoslovakia or East Berlin.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Which just proves the point: it’s man power, guards, not fences.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:44 pm

It proves no such point.

As Jim Acosta proved yesterday - where the steel slat fences were erected, the illegal immigrants don't try to cross much.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:46 pm

But, by all means, Tero, show us the Democrat plan to provide sufficient manpower to stop the flood of illegal immigration. What plan do they have that is better than the wall? Admitting them, releasing them into the general population, and helping them get benefits and educating them on the ins-and-outs of US immigration law?

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 pm

We drove into the border area by accident as we could not read the warning signs in Czech. We were quickly met by a patrol group. Luckily the officer in charge spoke German. A dodgy situation was averted.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:06 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 pm
We drove into the border area by accident as we could not read the warning signs in Czech. We were quickly met by a patrol group. Luckily the officer in charge spoke German. A dodgy situation was averted.
I notice you didn't run to try to avoid them, dodging the authorities, in an effort to enter, reside and work illegally in Czechoslovakia. I wonder what they would have done had you done so? Processed your paperwork, released you into the general population to live and work until your case was called up for processing in a year or so, giving birth to children, demanding free college and claiming asylum? That would be what any civilized country would do.
Last edited by Forty Two on Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:07 pm

Make them legal. They don’t get welfare, they work here. Give them guest worker visas of 1-2 years. The visa will require 500 dollar deposit after 3 months working. The deposit is kept if they disappear, or used to deport if they are arrested.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:15 pm

Tero wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:07 pm
Make them legal. They don’t get welfare, they work here. Give them guest worker visas of 1-2 years. The visa will require 500 dollar deposit after 3 months working. The deposit is kept if they disappear, or used to deport if they are arrested.
LOL - you want the rule to be "anyone can come to the United States and get 1-2 years guest worker visa, if they pay a $500 deposit?"

And arrest for what? Anything? Or does it have to be a serious crime? DUI? Bouncing a check?

What if they don't pay the $500 deposit, but they have kids? You'd be so heartless as to deport them for that?

How many people from south of the Rio Grande would come here if they were all just freely allowed in to participate in a guest worker program?

Does it apply to people flying in or just those that walk in? Canadians, too? They can just come now? No need to abide by the normal rules?