How idiotic is a country that shuts itself down

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: How idiotic is a country that shuts itself down

Post by Hermit » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:31 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:41 pm
I don't know why it is such a big deal to the Dems, that they will shut the government over it...
The Democrats did not shut the government down. Trump did.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:32 pm

What in the fuck are you on about? The point I am making is simple. Please get it.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:47 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:42 pm
because it triggers lefties.
Oh, snap! We've got ourselves a badass slayer of lefties over here! Them cryin' lefties won't know what hit 'em! Go get 'em, Cunt! :yes:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:50 pm

The ridiculous thing is he claimed yesterday that he was a lefty. So either he's lying there, or he's now trolling himself!
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 pm

Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 pm
Tell us about the thing you do respect about his actions since becoming president.
I'll be able to answer this one if he croaks while in office.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:58 am

Seabass wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:55 pm
Cunt wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:22 pm
Tell us about the thing you do respect about his actions since becoming president.
I'll be able to answer this one if he croaks while in office.
This makes you indistinguishable from an NPC.

Nothing you say makes you stand out. I mean, unless you went to his orange tinge, mushroom penis or racism...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:13 am

Not having anything good to say about the dodgiest man to ever hold the office makes one an NPC? That's just lazy thinking, and it's the very reason memes like that are created - for lazy thinkers like you.

Personally I can find only a single good thing he has done. That was getting troops out of Syria.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:36 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:13 am
Not having anything good to say about the dodgiest man to ever hold the office makes one an NPC? That's just lazy thinking, and it's the very reason memes like that are created - for lazy thinkers like you.

Personally I can find only a single good thing he has done. That was getting troops out of Syria.
There you go, not being an NPC

My apologies for lumping you in with them, it's a rough filter, but usually good enough.

I don't know about Syria. Either action could be 'right', but I found reaction to it very predictable.

I wish it wasn't all about him, but the fact that he is SO much better at using the media than any of the other folks. The mainstream news media (maybe because they are left dominated) almost universally say awful things about him, and trust in everything they say declines (rapidly, of late)

Those (untrusted?) media sources seem to convince a lot of real people that he is awful, and trust in those real people may be affected too. I know when I hear the popular meaningless personal attacks, I roll my eyes.

The strangest thing of all is when I meet someone like you, who seems to be convinced that Trump couldn't win again.

The other thing which bothers me about this, is that after watching 'Gold Rush', and a few other reality shows, it strikes me that all this horseshit, including the government shutdown, is boring, lazy bureaucratic chug-fuckery, and being dramatized for TV

Nothing is happening, but both sides seem to be fairly slavering that something BIG is about to happen. ANYtime now.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:07 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:13 am
Yes, I am really pleased about that too. US military intervention in Syria seemed to me a repeat of the mistakes the US made when it supported the mujahideen on the "the enemy of our enemy is our friend" principle in Afghanistan and removing Iraq's dictator Saddam Hussein, which cleared the way for the Taliban. The people who benefited the most from US intervention in Syria were the members of the Muslim Brotherhood and associated Islamic fundamentalists and terrorists.

Given the history of US foreign policy since the Korean War, I applaud every withdrawal it enacts, even to the point of leaving NATO. So, what if it left the UN? Who cares about the UN? It's become a shambles. I lost my last sliver of hope that the UN could be an effective political force for global improvements when Saudi Arabia was elected to its women's council in April 2017.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:12 am

I think walking away from Koreas was a good idea, because every bomb they don't drop, is one more bomb in the bank.

Or to be a little less black, one more bomb not purchased, with the money going mouldy, or paying something for someone else.

There are probably other reasons, good or bad, but it seemed such a waste of ordinance. Nice to bare your teeth and everything, but decades? Sheesh...
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 am

Hermit wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:07 am
Given the history of US foreign policy since the Korean War, I applaud every withdrawal it enacts, even to the point of leaving NATO. So, what if it left the UN? Who cares about the UN? It's become a shambles. I lost my last sliver of hope that the UN could be an effective political force for global improvements when Saudi Arabia was elected to its women's council in April 2017.
Hear, hear. I've been advocating that for the last 10 years at least. As long as we're sticking our nose in somebody's going to want to punch it. Let the Chinese have a go, or the Ruskies, I wish them luck.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 am

Cunt wrote: The strangest thing of all is when I meet someone like you, who seems to be convinced that Trump couldn't win again.
I've never said anything about his re-election chances. It wouldn't surprise me, though, if he was re-elected. American politics is a fucking joke right now.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:41 am

laklak wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:13 am
Hermit wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:07 am
Hear, hear. I've been advocating that for the last 10 years at least. As long as we're sticking our nose in somebody's going to want to punch it. Let the Chinese have a go, or the Ruskies, I wish them luck.
I am not opposed to interventionism per se. My opposition is limited to interventions motivated for the wrong reasons and misconceived interventions. Of the latter I have just cited three examples. Of the former are the instances where legitimate governments are toppled for the sake of self-enrichment or mere power enhancements. The US is not the only nation guilty. The toppling of Iran's Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh was a US-UK joint venture, and a feature of British foreign policy made its way into dictionaries as "gun boat diplomacy". Then there were the Opium Wars... No need to go on, I suppose.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am

The irony of a large group of people who share identical, to the point of predictability*, viewpoints all going around calling people "NPCs", in mimic of each other, is not lost on me.

*For example, even though I don't read the posts from the Trumpers on this forum I do read the replies and I pretty much always, depressingly, know exactly what they're saying. They've been harping the same "fear the other, protect the cultral and racial purity" nonsense at least as long ago as Martin Luther's On the Jews and Their Lies but I'm guessing longer.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:10 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 am
Cunt wrote: The strangest thing of all is when I meet someone like you, who seems to be convinced that Trump couldn't win again.
I've never said anything about his re-election chances. It wouldn't surprise me, though, if he was re-elected. American politics is a fucking joke right now.
It's not a joke, it's more like a cartoon.

If there was a joke, there could be a punchline, but everything is tension building, with the 'completion' just a little bit in the offing...

ANY time now
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: