Farts and Climate Change

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Farts and Climate Change

Post by rainbow » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:30 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:07 pm
I haven't dodged anything about my actual beliefs. I've stated them many times on this forum. And, I haven't screamed at all. The one acting like a child is you, since you're just here firing pot shots, and not even trying to discuss a topic of any kind.

"How concerned are you?" Is a stupid question. Acceptance or rejection of climate science is a scientific question. I don't have to have a certain emotional level to not be a denialist. I accept nuclear science, too. What level of concern must I have in order not to be a "denialist" about that? And, saying "very" concerned or "moderately" concerned or "pissing my pants" concerned doesn't relate at all to the the validity of the science.

What is it about climate science do you need me to say?
1. Do you know what it is, and accept that it is real?
2. Do you accept that human activity is partially responsible?
3. Do you think that we as humans should be doing something about it?
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Farts and Climate Change

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:17 pm

rainbow wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:30 am
Forty Two wrote:
I haven't dodged anything about my actual beliefs. I've stated them many times on this forum. And, I haven't screamed at all. The one acting like a child is you, since you're just here firing pot shots, and not even trying to discuss a topic of any kind.

"How concerned are you?" Is a stupid question. Acceptance or rejection of climate science is a scientific question. I don't have to have a certain emotional level to not be a denialist. I accept nuclear science, too. What level of concern must I have in order not to be a "denialist" about that? And, saying "very" concerned or "moderately" concerned or "pissing my pants" concerned doesn't relate at all to the the validity of the science.

1. Already asked and answered, yes, and yes. Do you? It sure as shit doesn't sound like it (the first part, about knowing what it is).
2. Already asked and answered - many times - yes.
3. Already asked and answered - Sure.

If you actually bothered to read my posts, instead of sitting there making shit up in your head, you'd already know all of that. Because I've not said anything to the contrary.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:18 pm

The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) estimates the livestock sector as a whole contributes 14.5 percent of total man-made greenhouse gas emissions – beef and milk production make up the majority of this. Most of those emissions (42 percent) come from enteric fermentation, with an additional 23 percent from manure application and management (from both methane and nitrous oxide).
https://climatenexus.org/climate-issues ... te-change/

So, how concerned are you, rainbow, about the livestock sector? Surely, you are alarmed by the degree this one sector of the economy contributes to global warming. Just think. If we all stopped using livestock products, that would eliminate almost 15% of the total man-made greenhouse gases. Surely you support massive taxes on beef and milk production - a "crap and trade" policy where companies buy manure credits....

If you don't agree, then you are a denier!

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:33 pm

I blame the Beeves and Pygges.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:41 pm

Emission impossible: Why Hollywood is one of the worst polluters
Hollywood is very good at sanctimonious environmental-disaster movies like The Day After Tomorrow. But, says Kaleem Aftab, it is one of the worst polluters

A study into the environmental impact of film-making in Hollywood, conducted by the University of California, showed that, in the Los Angeles region, it made a larger contribution, in relation to its size, to air pollution than most major industries, including aerospace manufacturing, clothing, and the hotel industry. Only fuel refining belched more emissions. Researchers considered the emissions that were created directly and indirectly by the film and television industry. Factored into the equation were emissions created power plants providing electricity to a studio lot and the air miles run up by actors and directors. https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-ente ... 00493.html

We really need a 50% tax on actor's, directors, producers, salaries, and then a 100% sales tax on movie tickets. There should also be legislation to limit air miles - cap and trade the air miles for promotions, etc.

I mean, if you don't agree with destroying the entertainment industry to save the planet, then you're a DENIER!!!!!!!

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:18 pm

If this is true why isn’t the temperature around my place 48C?

More fake fart news. :bored:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:24 pm

It's actually burps, not farts, that make up the majority of ruminate greenhouse emissions.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:18 pm
The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) estimates the livestock sector as a whole contributes 14.5 percent of total man-made greenhouse gas emissions – beef and milk production make up the majority of this. Most of those emissions (42 percent) come from enteric fermentation, with an additional 23 percent from manure application and management (from both methane and nitrous oxide).

So, how concerned are you, rainbow, about the livestock sector?
I'd be less concerned than the other 85.5%.

Are you weak at maths?
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:21 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:17 pm
rainbow wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:30 am
Forty Two wrote:

1. Already asked and answered, yes, and yes. Do you? It sure as shit doesn't sound like it (the first part, about knowing what it is).
2. Already asked and answered - many times - yes.
3. Already asked and answered - Sure.
Thank you. What should we as humans be doing about it?
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm

I've already been through much of the actions I support on other threads. Mainly, technological solutions.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm

rainbow wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:19 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:18 pm

So, how concerned are you, rainbow, about the livestock sector?
I'd be less concerned than the other 85.5%.

Are you weak at maths?
You are, apparently.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm
I've already been through much of the actions I support on other threads. Mainly, technological solutions.
Indulge us here.

You were quite adamant that you were misrepresented as a climate change denier. This is your opportunity to show your accusers how wrong they were.

Give us some details of how you are helping to save the planet, and shut up your critics forever.

The floor is yours...
BArF−4

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:48 pm

rainbow wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:31 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:24 pm
Indulge us here.

You were quite adamant that you were misrepresented as a climate change denier. This is your opportunity to show your accusers how wrong they were.

Give us some details of how you are helping to save the planet, and shut up your critics forever.

The floor is yours...
Fuck off, raindouche. You and your "Farty" insults. Indulge you? Go fuck yourself.

I've been over technological solutions many times, on threads YOU have participated in, and I'm not going to sit here and repeat the pages of material and citations. I've already been over the technological solutions to the livestock industry, the technological solutions to replace fossil fuels, and the technological solutions to capture emissions, among others, over the course of various discussion. I don't need to show you anything - as if you're in some high ground position to be judging others. You're a know-nothing, follow-the-leader, fanboy. That's all you are, and you've not shown anything more than that.

I already proved that you misrepresented me as a climate change denier. And, that term is so stupid, anyway. It just shows you follow a religion, you don't follow the science. Denier! Denier! Denier! You're so awful you're the biggest danger to the planet! You're the worst ever! That's your nonsense mantra, raindouche.

My "opportunity to show your accusers." LOL. I've done that many times. And, this isn't a trial. Accused of what? Being a "denier?". You sound like a freshman college student who learned something new and now thinks he has expertise on a topic. Joke.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Throwing a tantrum here isn't going to do much for your case.
BArF−4

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:17 pm

:hehe:
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka