Liberals - the Clever Sillies

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Liberals - the Clever Sillies

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm

the conclusion in my previous post that liberals are on average more intelligent than conservatives may not resonate with most people’s daily observations and experiences. If they are more intelligent, why are liberals – especially those in Hollywood and academia – so much more likely than conservatives to say and do stupid things and hold incredulous beliefs and ideas that stretch credibility?
liberals and other intelligent people may be “clever sillies,” who incorrectly apply abstract logical reasoning to social and interpersonal domains.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... es-why-are
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Re: Liberals - the Clever Sillies

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:04 pm

AOC is, you know, like, literally, the most really smartest person, like, totally ever.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:08 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

laklak

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Can't explain that.
Attachments
AOC.jpg

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:37 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:59 pm
the conclusion in my previous post that liberals are on average more intelligent than conservatives may not resonate with most people’s daily observations and experiences. If they are more intelligent, why are liberals – especially those in Hollywood and academia – so much more likely than conservatives to say and do stupid things and hold incredulous beliefs and ideas that stretch credibility?
liberals and other intelligent people may be “clever sillies,” who incorrectly apply abstract logical reasoning to social and interpersonal domains.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... es-why-are
:funny: :funny: :funny:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Kanazawa
Satoshi Kanazawa (born 16 November 1962) is an American-born British evolutionary psychologist and author. He is currently Reader in Management at the London School of Economics. His work uses evolutionary psychology to analyse social sciences such as sociology, economics, and anthropology.[2] Kanazawa has been very controversial on subjects relating to race and intelligence, health and intelligence, multiculturalism, as well as the relationship between physical attractiveness and intelligence. He attributes this to "political correctness" and "censorship",[3][4] while his critics claim that what he does is "bad science"[5] and "racist".[6]

In response to ongoing controversies over his stated views (such as Sub-Saharan Black African countries suffer from chronic poverty and disease because their people have lower IQs, and black women are objectively less attractive than women of other races), he was dismissed from writing for Psychology Today, and his employer, the London School of Economics, prohibited him from publishing in non-peer-reviewed outlets for 12 months.[7] A group of 68 evolutionary psychologists issued an open letter titled "Kanazawa's bad science does not represent evolutionary psychology" rejecting his views,[8] and an article on the same theme was published by 35 academics in American Psychologist.[9]
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:42 pm

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Satoshi_Kanazawa
Satoshi Kanazawa is an evolutionary psychologist[2] at the London School of Economics and exactly the kind of researcher who makes evolutionary psychology look bad. So say thirty-five leading evolutionary psychologists, at least.[3] His chief weapons are causalation, p-value fishing, bad data analysis, bigotry, and surprise. Psychology Today decided to throw standards out the window and gave him a blog, which was ironically named The Scientific Fundamentalist. It later got pulled from the site after he posted some racist drivel dressed up in pseudoscientific language.
In the wake of his latest blogging incident, over 120,000 students of the University of London Union Senate subsequently unanimously voted to condemn his research.[20] In June of 2011, Psychology Today canned Kanazawa for good in reaction to the "black women are ugly" post.[21] In September, LSE suspended Kanazawa from publishing any material in non-peer reviewed journals for a year and he issued an apology stating that the post was "flawed."[22][23]
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:46 pm

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... losing-war
Here’s a little thought experiment. Imagine that, on September 11, 2001, when the Twin Towers came down, the President of the United States was not George W. Bush, but Ann Coulter. What would have happened then? On September 12, President Coulter would have ordered the US military forces to drop 35 nuclear bombs throughout the Middle East, killing all of our actual and potential enemy combatants, and their wives and children. On September 13, the war would have been over and won, without a single American life lost.

Yes, we need a woman in the White House, but not the one who’s running.
—Satoshi Kanazawa

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:49 pm

laklak wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:04 pm
AOC is, you know, like, literally, the most really smartest person, like, totally ever.
Well, she doesn't think global warming is a hoax, which puts her ahead of literally, like, 100% of Republicans.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:51 pm

It was Bruce Charlton. Kanazawa's article discusses Charlton's research.

That Kanazawa sounds funny, though. Would be interesting to read his stuff!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:49 pm
laklak wrote:
Well, she doesn't think global warming is a hoax, which puts her ahead of literally, like, 100% of Republicans.
No, she's a genius, obviously.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:01 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:52 pm
Seabass wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:49 pm
laklak wrote:
No, she's a genius, obviously.
No. Just smarter than most Republicans. But that's not saying much. Being smarter than a bunch of bigots, young earth creationists, and climate deniers isn't all that impressive.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:08 pm

LOL, you think Democrats are smarter than Republicans. That's cute.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:08 pm
LOL, you think Democrats are smarter than Republicans. That's cute.
There's a reason only 6% of American scientists vote Republican.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:29 pm

What's the reason so many astrology buffs vote Democrat? Their smarts?

laklak

Post by laklak » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:29 pm

Anti-vaxxers?