They will blame the Dems.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:56 pm

Turns out a few who voted Trump 2016 are not assholes:
"How he presents himself is the biggest issue," said Mott, a 52-year-old occupational therapist, who addressed her concerns this past week during a break from Christmas shopping outside the Gucci store at the Somerset Collection luxury mall. She also worries about the president's fiery approach to immigration.

"I understand what he's going for — trying to keep out criminal activity," Mott said, pointing to Trump's rhetoric about a caravan of Latin American migrants seeking asylum at the U.S. border. "However, I think he could do much better in showing concern for these people, offering short-term help."
https://www.businessinsider.com/poll-sh ... reddit.com
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:15 pm

HamburgerMENU
HOT TOPICSAfghanistanSyriaKatowice Climate Summit 2018Climate ChangeBrazilGun ControlSaudi ArabiaImmigrationYemenGeorge H.W. Bush
GOP Blocks Bill to Help Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women
HEADLINEDEC 28, 2018
H10 savanna lafontaine greywind
Outgoing Republican Congressmember Bob Goodlatte has blocked legislation aimed at improving federal response to the murders and disappearances of Native American women. The bill was sponsored by Senator Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and passed unanimously in the Senate this month, but Goodlatte’s role as chair of the Judiciary Committee allows him to block voting on it in the House. Senator Heitkamp is exiting the Senate after losing her re-election bid last month, but Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska has vowed to bring the bill back in the new year. The bill is called Savanna’s Act, named after Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, a member of the Spirit Lake Tribe who was brutally murdered last year when she was eight months pregnant, her unborn baby cut out of her womb while she was reportedly still alive.
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/12/28 ... MxZmX4lV-I
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:20 pm

Animavore wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:15 pm
HamburgerMENU
HOT TOPICSAfghanistanSyriaKatowice Climate Summit 2018Climate ChangeBrazilGun ControlSaudi ArabiaImmigrationYemenGeorge H.W. Bush
HEADLINEDEC 28, 2018
Outgoing Republican Congressmember Bob Goodlatte has blocked legislation aimed at improving federal response to the murders and disappearances of Native American women. The bill was sponsored by Senator Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and passed unanimously in the Senate this month, but Goodlatte’s role as chair of the Judiciary Committee allows him to block voting on it in the House. Senator Heitkamp is exiting the Senate after losing her re-election bid last month, but Republican Senator Lisa Murkowski of Alaska has vowed to bring the bill back in the new year. The bill is called Savanna’s Act, named after Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind, a member of the Spirit Lake Tribe who was brutally murdered last year when she was eight months pregnant, her unborn baby cut out of her womb while she was reportedly still alive.
They have this bullshit in full swing in Canada.

What's funny is that there are about twice as many 'missing and murdered' indigenous men. Lots of indigenous leaders have asked to have their brothers, fathers and sons included in the inquiry, but those requests fall on deaf ears.

Even funnier, there is a man who really was among the 'missing and murdered'. He found himself, or rescued himself, and with his new lease on life, he ran across Canada to raise awareness about missing and murdered indigenous women.

If they want to treat women as more delicate, vulnerable or weak, it is going to be a tough sell, in a world where equality is the buzzword.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:18 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:29 pm
Food stamp cut will hit Trump's single white male base hardest
“SNAP, or the Supplemental Food Assistance Program, has been providing food to low-income Americans since the 1960s. The rules require so-called “able-bodied adults without dependents,” known in government jargon as “ABAWDs,” to have jobs if they receive food stamps for more than three months in a three-year period.”
“What Trump may not realize is that ABAWDs tend to match the profile of his core constituency. According to data from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a Washington DC think tank, 55% of low-income ABAWDs are male, and 48% are white. (Given the millions of women with children who are also in the program, men make up only 38% of adult SNAP participants overall.)”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... kxgs23GRIo
That should clue you in that such reforms are not racist. Do white racists enact policies that hit white males the hardest?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:21 pm

I don’t think he promised food stamps. He promised a wall the Mexicans paid for. No wall 2020, no future for Trump.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:26 pm

Of course he didn't promise food stamps. As you noted, they're making white guys work for their food stamps.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:33 am

Republicans attempts to embarrass AOC backfires spectacularly.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2019-01- ... fmredir=sm

Republicans need to mop up their own embarrassment before trying to shame others.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:07 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:20 pm
Animavore wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:15 pm
HamburgerMENU
HEADLINEDEC 28, 2018
They have this bullshit in full swing in Canada.

What's funny is that there are about twice as many 'missing and murdered' indigenous men. Lots of indigenous leaders have asked to have their brothers, fathers and sons included in the inquiry, but those requests fall on deaf ears.

Even funnier, there is a man who really was among the 'missing and murdered'. He found himself, or rescued himself, and with his new lease on life, he ran across Canada to raise awareness about missing and murdered indigenous women.

If they want to treat women as more delicate, vulnerable or weak, it is going to be a tough sell, in a world where equality is the buzzword.
I find it hard to believe you give a shit about the plight of indigenous men let alone indigenous women.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:52 pm

BarnettNewman wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:07 pm
I find it hard to believe you give a shit about the plight of indigenous men let alone indigenous women.
You know what happens when a 'missing or murdered' from the male side of the stats is found ?

It's a beautiful fucking story. He took his most valuable thing - his greatest effort (probably of his life) and put it into raising awareness for the MMIW inquiry thingammie in Canada.

While I may disagree with their focus on one gender (and likely a third of the total victims) I am very proud to have met Caribou Legs, and to have told people about him and his efforts.

Telling people about him may be small effort, but it is a clear effort I have made in support of him and his causes.

I won't tell you how much I've been involved in other ways, but your difficulty believing I give a shit is a clear sign to me that you don't know me, but instead have a caricature in your head.

Keep it, you probably like it.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:01 pm

What is he babbling about? Raise taxes! Scrap the Wall/fence. You have the votes to override a veto.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 0_gS5ZCLIE

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:40 pm

On top of that, he thought the Trump era was going to fix deficits? Trump is the guy known for borrowing.
:funny:
Maybe Russia will lend us, to tide us over?

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Mitch McConnell is the man who filibustered his own bill. :hilarious:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:38 am

Cunt wrote:
BarnettNewman wrote:
You know what happens when a 'missing or murdered' from the male side of the stats is found ?

It's a beautiful fucking story. He took his most valuable thing - his greatest effort (probably of his life) and put it into raising awareness for the MMIW inquiry thingammie in Canada.

While I may disagree with their focus on one gender (and likely a third of the total victims) I am very proud to have met Caribou Legs, and to have told people about him and his efforts.

Telling people about him may be small effort, but it is a clear effort I have made in support of him and his causes.

I won't tell you how much I've been involved in other ways, but your difficulty believing I give a shit is a clear sign to me that you don't know me, but instead have a caricature in your head.

It’s too bad you choose to talk shit about virtually anything else. That I know nothing about you with your level of diarrhetic verbosity isn’t really my problem.

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:05 am

BarnettNewman wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:38 am
Cunt wrote:
BarnettNewman wrote:

It’s too bad you choose to talk shit about virtually anything else. That I know nothing about you with your level of diarrhetic verbosity isn’t really my problem.
As long as you don't care about reality, you can preference your own imagination of it. Sounds like it isn't really my problem.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote: