Republicans: continued

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: Republicans: continued

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:32 pm

They overstay visas. The illegals do not all come from "Mexico." No wall.

As far as the ones here, give them one year work visas to pick crops etc. Nobody else wants those jobs.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Tero wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:32 pm
They overstay visas. The illegals do not all come from "Mexico." No wall.
Would you provide your estimates on how many people are crossing the border from Mexico into the US?

Why no wall? The money could be gouged from overfed politicians retirement plans, and could host some lively graffiti, including unreasonably large projects.

Why do you hate Banksy? Are you a big corporate shill?
Tero wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:32 pm

As far as the ones here, give them one year work visas to pick crops etc. Nobody else wants those jobs.
Is it racist of you to want the brown people, temporarily 'granted' the good soil of your country, to do your shitwork?

I think it might sound a bit racist...
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:05 pm

It’s what the Swiss do. Import cheap Italian workers. Just business.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:08 pm

That's it! :lay:

I'm closing all my Swiss bank accounts!
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:27 pm

Canada uses the 'Temporary Foreign Worker' program.

It means that you can start a shitty franchise, offer terrible wages, and if you can't staff it with Canadians, offer it to the 'TFW' crowds. Calling them 'second-class citizens' wouldn't be fair. They aren't even that, having no Canadian citizenship.

When they are here, working in your shitty franchise, you can make them do whatever you want, and treat them like shit up to a 'shit-limit'. If someone looks like they are going to make trouble, fire them and they have to fucking leave the country. Guess how many entry-level job seekers file lawsuits from out of the country?

I'm painting it in the worst possible light here. Of course you wouldn't do it. Some folks would though, and my guess is, they would say they are giving opportunities to hardworking young foreigners.

Now it isn't just shitty franchises taking advantage, there is another dangerous sector. Overworked families bring in a 'nanny' or other...um...I keep almost typing servant, but it's probably wrong. What do you call someone who works in one home, doing the bidding of the homeowner/family, and not having income or housing outside of that place?

Those hiring a nanny (as an example) might have excellent training in employment standards and human resources management.

Or they might be anyone.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

rainbow wrote:
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:36 pm

Trump voter is your weird racist uncle tweeting
https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1 ... 7293292545

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Wackos raise funds for Trump wall but...
As of Thursday evening, 143,821 people had donated $8,742,182 toward Air Force veteran Brian Kolfage’s GoFundMe campaign, titled We the People Will Fund the Wall, just a little over three days after its launch.

Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), chair of the House Judiciary Committee and a longtime proponent of tighter border security, hailed the vet’s “impressive” campaign, even as he expressed reservations about allowing private citizens to govern with their wallets.

“I think it’s admirable, and I think that the country should respond,” Goodlatte told The Post. “Obviously, we can’t let citizens raise money and say, ‘The government will spend my money on this purpose.’ ”

According to the Treasury Department, general donations to the feds are directed to a “Gifts to the United States” fund, set aside for “general use” by the federal government or “budget needs.”

Specific federal agencies can’t touch this funding without a congressional appropriation.

Some agencies can accept gifts directly for earmarked purposes, but it was not clear if the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees the borders, was among them.
https://nypost.com/2018/12/20/border-wa ... ns-raised/

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:54 pm

The guy should ask, "What would Trump do?" Then keep the money for himself.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

BarnettNewman
extemporaneous

Post by BarnettNewman » Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:29 pm

Cunt wrote:Canada uses the 'Temporary Foreign Worker' program.
A Conservative Government program.

They sure love low cost immigrants.

https://thetyee.ca/News/2015/10/09/Temp ... ndal-Back/

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:06 pm

It may be conservative, but exploiting non-citizens seems to be very popular among both groups.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
he doesn't communicate

rainbow wrote:

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:22 am

Animavore wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:54 pm
The guy should ask, "What would Trump do?" Then keep the money for himself.
Yes, I noted that might be a likely part of the scam. The government doesn't accept the money on his conditions, so it goes into a trust. This he can dip into at will, and there seems to be no problem in the US.

In the civilised world a person doing this would be charged with fraud.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:22 am

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh buuuuuuuttttttt.... Its America.
The first third world first world nation. The UK will be joining shortly. :lol:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Tax breaks for the rich and corporations, a kick in the teeth to the poor. It's the Republican way.

'Work Requirement Proposals Would Kick Struggling Workers When They’re Down'

The work requirements failed to get passed in Congress, so Trump decided to push them through via executive action.

'Trump administration moves to impose stricter work requirements for food stamps'
President Donald Trump is attempting to do through executive action what Congress would not: tighten work requirements for the millions of Americans who receive food stamps.

The Department of Agriculture, which runs the Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program commonly referred to as food stamps, unveiled a proposed new rule at Trump's direction on Thursday that restricts states' ability to waive existing work requirements in areas where unemployment rates are higher than the national rate.

The proposed change comes as the president is poised to sign a much-negotiated farm bill that ultimately included no significant changes to food stamps despite backing from the White House.

Under federal law, able-bodied adults without dependents are restricted to three months of benefits within a 36-month period unless they work at least 80 hours per month or participate in certain educational or job-training activities. But current USDA regulations allow for states to waive an existing work requirement if the area's unemployment rate is 20 percent higher than the national rate. The new rule allows for states to only waive that requirement in areas where the unemployment rate is above 7 percent — nearly double the current national unemployment rate.

Trump is set to sign an $867 billion farm bill Thursday afternoon that doesn't include significant changes to SNAP. But that wasn't for lack of trying — House bills backed by the president included significant changes to the federal food assistance program, including tougher work requirements.

But none of those measures made it into the final version of the bill ultimately passed by both chambers of Congress after months of back-and-forth. Trump used his executive authority to direct the USDA to make the changes.

In a release announcing the new rule, the USDA said that "moving people to work is common-sense policy, particularly at a time when the unemployment rate is at a generational low.

Sen. Debbie Stabenow, D-Mich., the ranking member of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, said such a change would need to be authored by Congress, not the executive branch.

"This regulation blatantly ignores the bipartisan Farm Bill that the President is signing today and disregards over 20 years of history giving states flexibility to request waivers based on local job conditions," she said in a statement. "I expect the rule will face significant opposition and legal challenges. Administrative changes should not be driven by ideology. I do not support unilateral and unjustified changes that would take food away from families."

Robert Greenstein, president of the left-leaning Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, also condemned the change.

"Contrary to expected administration rhetoric about helping people work, the proposal’s overwhelming impact will be to cut impoverished people off assistance and increase hardship substantially, rather than raising employment or helping people find jobs," he said.
'Agriculture secretary: Trump is restoring the "dignity" of hungry people by taking away food stamps'
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue insisted on Thursday that the Trump administration was helping to restore the “dignity” of hungry people by withholding food stamps if they cannot find a job.

The Trump administration announced this week that it was toughening the requirements for welfare benefits in areas with high unemployment. The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) already requires beneficiaries to work, but states are able to obtain waivers to the rule. Under the Trump administration’s proposed changes, those waivers would be reduced by 75 percent.

During a Thursday interview on Fox Business, Perdue defended the changes.

“We’re hoping to facilitate people back into the workplace,” Perdue insisted. “Obviously Americans are generous, they’re compassionate. We had waivers.”

Perdue noted that former President Bill Clinton had called the SNAP program “a second chance, not a way of life.”

“This is become a way of life for some people,” Perdue complained, “who have gotten the need during the Great Recession but have not gotten back into the workplace. So when you have more jobs than people — I mean, America needs workers. And this is to help facilitate them back to the dignity of work.”

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:15 pm

Cali at Ratskep:
Bill Criminalizing Dark Money Disclosure is Passed by Michigan House
The bill now heads to to Gov. Snyder for his signature or veto.
https://readsludge.com/2018/12/20/michi ... f2DszcjP6s

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:29 pm

Food stamp cut will hit Trump's single white male base hardest
“SNAP, or the Supplemental Food Assistance Program, has been providing food to low-income Americans since the 1960s. The rules require so-called “able-bodied adults without dependents,” known in government jargon as “ABAWDs,” to have jobs if they receive food stamps for more than three months in a three-year period.”
“What Trump may not realize is that ABAWDs tend to match the profile of his core constituency. According to data from the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, a Washington DC think tank, 55% of low-income ABAWDs are male, and 48% are white. (Given the millions of women with children who are also in the program, men make up only 38% of adult SNAP participants overall.)”
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... kxgs23GRIo