"The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: "The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Post by Tero » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:33 am

Opinion: The tax cut isn’t trickling down to workers
But more than 11 months later, there is little sign that any of these promises will be fulfilled. Instead, it is increasingly clear that the tax law isn’t just a wasteful giveaway — it is harming the economy, workers, and the U.S. fiscal position in important ways.

Real wage growth has been largely nonexistent for the average worker since the tax bill passed. Production nonsupervisory workers only saw a 0.2% year-over-year increase in average hourly earnings last quarter.
...the average one-percenter receiving a windfall of more than $50,000 — a result of the enormous tax cuts for corporations and large pass-through businesses, which are disproportionately owned by the wealthy.
Second, TCJA cash is fueling a record year for mergers and acquisitions, as the largest corporations are gobbling up competitors and further concentrating economic power. The negative impacts of excessive mergers and declining competition are increasingly widespread, harming workers’ wages, family farmers, innovation, and overall economic opportunity.
This giveaway didn’t come without cost to U.S. fiscal capacity. The TCJA was the largest contributor to deficit increases this year and is projected by the Congressional Budget Office to cost $1.9 trillion by 2028.
Rather than solve real problems for working-class Americans and communities left behind, the TCJA takes federal tax dollars and throws them down the drain because trickle-down economics does not work.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-t ... XET8QBPjvo
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 am

Trump's trickle down is a golden shower...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:54 am

Yale psychiatrist explains how devotion to Trump is based on emotional patterns most people grow out of by age five

President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Monday to heap praise upon his ally Roger Stone, who continues to maintain his refusal to flip—even as Trump’s former fixer, Michael Cohen, who once said he’d take a bullet for the president, begged federal prosecutors to not serve jail time.

Stone might be Trump’s most famous supporter—but there are millions of Americans who refuse to abandon the president regardless of the chaotic news cycle. A poll conducted over the summer found that many Trump supporters trust the President more than their own friends and family.

Raw Story spoke with Yale psychiatry professor Bandy X. Lee on why the president’s supporters show such undying devotion to a man who’s repeatedly reneged on promises and whose tumultuous first term has been filled with shake-ups. (Lee speak for herself, not for Yale).

Raw Story: In your opinion, what are the emotions driving Donald Trump’s base?

Bandy X. Lee: The sense of grandiose omnipotence that he displays seems especially appealing to his emotionally-needy followers. No matter what the world says, he fights back against criticism, continues to lie in the face of truth, and above all is still president. What matters is that he is winning, not whether he is honest or law-abiding. This may seem puzzling to the rest of us, but when you are overcome with feelings of powerlessness, this type of cartoonish, exaggerated force is often more important than true ability. This is the more primitive morality, as we call it, of “might makes right,” which in normal development you grow out of by age five.

But, in this case, Trump appeals to that childlike degree of emotional development? Why?

Strongman-type personalities are very appealing in times of socioeconomic or political crisis, as the population is less able to think rationally but is rather overcome with fear, or desire to draw strength from fantastical ideas. This happens to normal people in times of stress, or to people whose development has been stunted because of emotional injury. The problem is, the person who promises the impossible and states, “I alone can fix it,” and gives himself an A+ on his performance, is not a strong person who can deliver but the opposite. So Mr. Trump’s “base“ looks for someone to rescue them and their intense yearning does not allow them to see through his deception, while Mr. Trump senses better than anyone their needs (they are his) and makes use of them for his own benefit—even as he disdains his supporters for being so gullible. In this manner, they fulfill each other’s emotional needs in a mutually unhealthy way

What’s your biggest concern?

One concern I have, in my 20 years of studying this personality structure while treating violent offenders, is the disturbing societal trend. More and more of this personality type are taking on leadership positions, including of corporations, whereas 20 years ago one would mostly find them in jails and prisons. This also means there are a growing number of people who emulate them in the general culture, who become deprived from the structures that they create, and who become emotionally traumatized as a result of any of these consequences. People who are wounded this way continue to seek omnipotent parental figures as adults, and the vicious circle continues. Unable to find outer satisfaction for their inner needs, some keep pursuing ever greater power until they reach the highest positions, but since this is the opposite of proper treatment, their conditions only grow worse while society suffers a trail of carnage. It is actually a tragedy that Mr. Trump cannot receive proper care, even as his disorder is on display for the world to see, but is rather surrounded by those who enable his illness and make use of his weaknesses to their own destructive ends.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/12/yale-p ... jKtrRaKeC8
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:59 am

Which Crunt will win in 2020.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:19 pm

I explained the same thing in terms if our tribalism:
http://esapolitics.blogspot.com/2018/09 ... nment.html

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:11 am

A deep state operative openly making a case, based on the US Constitution, against the Mountebank in Chief.

'Trump’s Moscow Deal Is Exactly What the Framers Worried About'
Michael Cohen’s guilty plea for lying to Congress about Donald Trump’s Moscow project prompted a new frenzy of “Did the president commit a crime?” chatter among legal pundits. Finding—or refuting—a smoking gun of criminality has become the singular focus for the president’s supporters and critics alike, and his ex-lawyer’s plea deal has turbocharged the search for evidence that will definitely prove his illegal behavior. The implication is that the federal criminal code is the only arbiter of President Trump’s fitness to remain in office and that special counsel Robert Mueller will have the final say on the matter.

As a former FBI agent and lawyer, I sympathize with the temptation to find the statute that will crack open this case. But what matters most here is not found in a criminal law text. It’s a 230-year-old document in the National Archives. Cohen’s guilty plea on Thursday demonstrates that Trump’s behavior is fundamentally incompatible with the vision of government expressed by the Constitution itself. To wit, Trump not only believes it’s OK to profit from the presidency, but he’s also willing to put the U.S. under a foreign adversary’s thumb to do it.

The office of the presidency outlined by the Constitution is animated by two main fears: that the person occupying it might engage in self-dealing behavior, and also that the president might succumb to foreign influence. The former is most obvious in the impeachment clause, which enumerates the crime of bribery as grounds for removal. Clearly, the framers foresaw that opportunists might seek to profit from the awesome powers of the presidency. It’s less evident, but very much present, in the requirement that the president execute the laws “faithfully,” as stated in the so-called take care clause of Article II. Contrary to some assertions that the power to execute the laws gives the president unfettered authority to start and stop investigations, legal scholars like professors Andrew Kent, Jed Shugerman and Ethan Leib have provided historical evidence that “faithful” execution imposes a fiduciary duty upon the president to act in the public’s interest, not his own.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 am

"It's not illegal for Trump to do illegal things."
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Animavore wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:13 am
<snipped image of a pair of chuckleheads>

"It's not illegal for Trump to do illegal things."
It is against the official rules of ethics for employees of the executive branch to endorse products. A former executive branch ethics lawyer describes Trump's personally and unequivocally endorsing political books as 'legal but tacky.'

L'Emmerdeur

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:43 pm

At least the dope Giuliani is sometimes good for a laugh. The fact that Trump first brought him into his administration as a 'cybersecurity adviser' once again gives the lie to Trump's 'I hire the best people' blithering.

'Rudy Giuliani accuses Twitter of anti-Trump conspiracy (but he just made a typo)'
Social media might not be the place to find perfect spelling or grammar, but one little typo has given former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani a massive headache.

The conservative politician and commentator jumped on Twitter on Saturday to take a swipe at special prosecutor Robert Mueller, who's investigating possible ties between President Donald Trump's campaign and Russian efforts to interfere with the 2016 presidential election. The only problem? That lax attitude toward the space bar can also automatically turn your text into a hyperlink.

In the tweet, Giuliani wrote: "Mueller filed an indictment just as the President left for G-20.In July he indicted the Russians who will never come here just before he left for Helsinki.Either could have been done earlier or later. Out of control!Supervision please?"

[Link to Tweet in question.]

Twitter user Jason Velazquez saw the mistake and registered the domain, turning the inadvertent G-20.in URL/typo into a website with a simple message: "Donald J. Trump is a traitor to our country." Velazquez, who runs the Pixel Riot web design company, based in Atlanta, said it took about 15 minutes between him seeing the typo and sending the site live.

"I did it, mostly, because I could," Velazquez told CNET.

But late Tuesday, the former mayor and one-time Trump adviser on cybersecurity issues noticed the mistake and showed his cybersecurity knowledge to be lacking.

An innocent typo and a speedy prank from a cybersquatter? Not quite. According to Giuliani, this was Twitter potentially being "cardcarrying anti-Trumpers" and letting users "invade my text with a disgusting anti-President message."
I suppose Giuliani is leaving the tweet as it is for 'evidence.' :fp:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 pm

He really is an idiot. I can't believe he actually got a law degree.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:47 pm

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:54 pm

:lol:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 am

He looks as if he is having a crap.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 am

not having one, he's being a shit altogether.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:04 pm

Has Chinese executive arrasted. For stealing patented
Technology?
Canadian authorities said late Wednesday that Huawei's chief financial officer, Meng Wanzhou, had been arrested in Vancouver and that the United States is seeking her extradition.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/06/business ... index.html