The Thread of Democrats

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:28 pm

Woodbutcher wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:59 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:18 am
Beto. What kind of name is that? Can't your politicians have normal names?
I knew a couple of Betos when I was going to university. They were both Spanish, short for Alberto. Could probably be Portuguese or Italian as well.
Beto was used for political purposes - he's of Irish descent, but the name Beto lets him be all Progressive and such.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:30 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 pm

You clearly never went there. They made the most ridiculous examples in the 'problematic' thread look mild.
You're a lot like they were.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:31 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:05 pm
Hermit wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:42 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:40 pm
You clearly never went there. They made the most ridiculous examples in the 'problematic' thread look mild.
Going by what Coito Two posted at ratskep he registered at A+ twice to debate feminism with its members.
I really don't think 42 is sane anymore. He seems to have become totally consumed with an SJW bogeyman. He's lost all connection with reality.
....and, there we go.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Democrat supervisor of elections convicted of illegally destroying ballots in 2016, is this year failing to comply with state and federal voting laws, failing to timely disclose vote counts, failing to timely complete vote count, discovering new ballots to count long after the election polls closed, and won't say how many ballots are left to count --- https://www.nationalreview.com/news/wom ... ious-race/

Seems legit. 46,000 ballots "found" after election day. LOL. Good thing they were found before the dog ate them. I wonder if they were opening mail in ballots in a private room, outside the view of election observers, again this year? https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 83717.html
A judge ruled in 2016 that Snipes violated federal election law by prematurely destroying ballots from a congressional race that were relevant to an outstanding lawsuit against her office. As a result, the Florida Department of State said elections experts would be dispatched to monitor Snipes’s office in future elections to “ensure that all laws are followed.”

Snipes was once again chastised by the court in February of this year after the state’s Republican party sued her for opening mail-in ballots before the Board of Elections had the opportunity to examine the ballots and determine their authenticity.
Last edited by Forty Two on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm

Hey 42, did Robert use Beto before politics? Maybe he's been politicking his whole life.

An Irish boy from El Paso given the nickname Beto, and you find a way to hold that against him. I don't know why I ever thought highly of you. :nono:

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:59 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:43 pm
Hey 42, did Robert use Beto before politics? Maybe he's been politicking his whole life.

An Irish boy from El Paso given the nickname Beto, and you find a way to hold that against him. I don't know why I ever thought highly of you. :nono:
The whole Beto thing was laughable. The way the media fawned over him - ridiculous.

He didn't go by Beto - people didn't generally refer to him as Beto - before about 2011 when he was running for office. For his adult life before that, he was Robert. And, he claims it was a childhood nickname. However, if he really was commonly referred to as Beto as a child, it went away for decades, and was re-animated for politics.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:00 pm

:sigh:

Where's he from again?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
I don't know why I ever thought highly of you. :nono:
:this: That penny's dropping now?

Seeing him go from someone whose opinion I respected, who could argue well and back up things with facts, to a shrieking, unpaid shill who sources conspiracy theory websites backed up with lies.... It, funnily, saddens me the most of the whole Trump affair. He's a casualty of this whole sordid mess.

It's the equivalent, to me, of seeing a good biologist turn creationist. And I do question if he, like Anthony Flew, is suffering from a mental deterioration, because the change is drastic in my view.
Last edited by Animavore on Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:04 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:41 pm
Democrat supervisor of elections convicted of illegally destroying ballots in 2016, is this year failing to comply with state and federal voting laws, failing to timely disclose vote counts, failing to timely complete vote count, discovering new ballots to count long after the election polls closed, and won't say how many ballots are left to count --- https://www.nationalreview.com/news/wom ... ious-race/

Seems legit. 46,000 ballots "found" after election day. LOL. Good thing they were found before the dog ate them. I wonder if they were opening mail in ballots in a private room, outside the view of election observers, again this year? https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 83717.html
A judge ruled in 2016 that Snipes violated federal election law by prematurely destroying ballots from a congressional race that were relevant to an outstanding lawsuit against her office. As a result, the Florida Department of State said elections experts would be dispatched to monitor Snipes’s office in future elections to “ensure that all laws are followed.”

Snipes was once again chastised by the court in February of this year after the state’s Republican party sued her for opening mail-in ballots before the Board of Elections had the opportunity to examine the ballots and determine their authenticity.
Looks to me like leaving the administration of election results in the hands of partisans, be they Democrats or Republicans, is not a particularly bright idea. Another reason, though a very minor one, why I am not surprised that the US is so fucked up.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:56 pm

Tons of Democrat votes went to dumpster in Florida.
Journalists can look in dumpsters in all the Reddish states
https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_methods_ ... t_by_state
Last edited by Tero on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Animavore wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
I don't know why I ever thought highly of you. :nono:
:this: That penny's dropping now?

Seeing him go from someone whose opinion I respected, who could argue well and back up things with facts, to a shrieking, unpaid shill who sources conspiracy theory websites backed up with lies.... It, funnily, saddens me the most of the whole Trump affair. He's a casualty of this whole sordid mess.

It's the equivalent, to me, of seeing a good biologist turn creationist. And I do question if he, like Anthony Flew, is suffering from a mental deterioration, because the change is drastic in my view.
Why thank you both for your kind opinions.

Shrieking? Me? You're actually going to say that here to me? Shrieking? Coming from someone whose commentary involves over the top hyperbole and forum screaming at every turn, without the smallest bit of objectivity, well, I find that rather laughable.

And, as for my sources, they far exceed the quality of yours, Animavore (when you deign to even provide any). Your constant harping on a couple isolated links to videos is not an honest assessment of the quantity and quality of sources I cite regularly.

And, of course, you close it out with a nice personal attack, implying that I am suffering from a mental illness.

It's just another chapter in the constant refrain of attack the person -- ad hominem -- don't address issues raised, just question the mental faculties and otherwise attack attack attack. If you could address an issue in a cogent and reasonable fashion, I'm sure you would. Your inability to do so could be for a number of reasons. All I can say is that you don't.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:05 pm

Tero wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:56 pm
Tons of Democrat votes went to dumpster in Florida.
Oh, is that where they "found" them?

Wait wait! Don't stop counting after the ballots in the polling place have been counted. We "found" some more ballots! Oh, look... they just happen to be Democrat votes. What a coinkydink!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:08 pm

Texas law enforcement officials have arrested four women for allegedly targeting elderly voters in the 2016 elections in a "voter fraud ring" that was funded by a Democratic Party leader, according to court documents filed this week by Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton.

"The defendants were members of an organized voter fraud ring and were paid to target elderly voters in certain northern Fort Worth precincts in a scheme to generate large numbers of mail ballots, then harvest those ballots for specific candidates," NBC DFW reported.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/37661/te ... n-saavedra

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 pm

More Democrat voter fraud -
Calling her a common criminal who abused her authority as a poll worker, a judge Wednesday sent a Cincinnati woman to prison for five years following her illegal voting conviction.

STORY: Ohio nun pleads guilty to voter fraud
STORY: Ariz. makes example of double voters

In a case watched around the country, Melowese Richardson was a Hamilton County poll worker from 1998 until her arrest earlier this year when she was charged with eight counts of illegal voting. In May, she accepted a plea deal and was convicted of four counts in exchange for the other four being dismissed.

"This is not a little thing. It's not a minor thing. This is what our country's based on — free elections," Judge Robert Ruehlman of Hamilton County Common Pleas Court told Richardson, chastizing her for violating the principle of one person, one vote.

She was convicted of voting twice in the 2012 election and voting three times — in 2008, 2011 and 2012 — for her sister, Montez Richardson, who has been in a coma since 2003.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... g/2530119/

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:13 pm