The Thread of Democrats

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: The Thread of Democrats

Post by JimC » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:34 pm

...in your opinion...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:42 pm

The Tallahassee yoga shooter turned out to be a member of the SJW, pronoun-policing, angry, left-wing Democrat mob. Just kidding, of course he was racist, woman-hating, right-wing incel nutbag.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/da ... gyny-video
Scott Beierle killed two women at a Florida yoga studio on Friday night. He had posted a series of misogynistic videos and songs online, and appeared to identify as an “involuntarily celibate." This is the second deadly attack by an “involuntarily celibate” in 2018.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:21 am

Yebbut pronouns..!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:15 am

CDC50B96-B31A-42C2-8316-A6BE7031988D.png
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:59 am

:lol:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:43 am

It's almost as if the key to a strong economy is to do exactly the opposite of what Republicans do.
Trump Models U.S. Economy on Kansas. That’s a Mistake
The better choice is one of his favorite whipping boys, California, which has a balanced budget, rapid growth and industries of the future.
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... -a-mistake

If you had to choose one state out of the 50 to use as a blueprint for America's future growth plan, which state would you select?

Let's add a wrinkle. There are two choices, Kansas or California, which my Bloomberg Opinion colleague Matthew Winkler wrote about the other day.

Would you select the coastal tech and entertainment giant or the heartland agriculture and industrial producer?

It's a no-brainer. Kansas has been a disaster, with giant budget shortfalls, service cuts, slashed education budgets and a brain drain with young people leaving the state. The economy has failed to keep up with growth in the rest of the country and is much weaker in terms of job gains, wage increases and gross domestic product growth than neighboring states with similar economies. In 2015, for example, Kansas had one of the worst job growth rates in the country, at 0.8 percent, adding just 10,900 nonfarm jobs.

In the five years before Donald Trump was elected president in 2016, no state economy performed worse than Kansas. Things became so bad that Kansas decided to simply stop updating the public about state economic news. There's no reason to do this other than to obscure the obvious: Kansas's wounds were self-inflicted.

Compare that record with California's robust economy, increased tax base, balanced budget and job growth that exceeds the national average. The president may criticize the politics of the state, but there is little to find fault with its economy. If California were its own country, its $2.75 trillion economy and would be the world’s fifth largest, after the U.S., China, Japan and Germany.

Yet despite the obvious failures in Kansas, Trump has championed that state, and not California, as his preferred model for economic growth via big tax cuts and deregulation.

When Jerry Brown retires as governor next year, part of his legacy will be leaving the state with a $6.1 billion budget surplus. Kansas, meanwhile, is trying to dig itself out from the deficits that are a consequence of tax cuts -- cuts that the state legislature has since reversed.

Between the two, there's really no choice. Take California.
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... -a-mistake
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:15 pm

Seabass wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:42 pm
The Tallahassee yoga shooter turned out to be a member of the SJW, pronoun-policing, angry, left-wing Democrat mob. Just kidding, of course he was racist, woman-hating, right-wing incel nutbag.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/da ... gyny-video
Scott Beierle killed two women at a Florida yoga studio on Friday night. He had posted a series of misogynistic videos and songs online, and appeared to identify as an “involuntarily celibate." This is the second deadly attack by an “involuntarily celibate” in 2018.
You have some info on his politics? He seems clearly a nutcase - he had some serious mental problems, and needed help. But, I've read a few articles and I haven't seen anything that qualified him as "right wing" -- being racist and incel is not confined to the right wing, nor is misogyny.

There's no defense of his conduct. But, what does this have to do with "The Thread of Democrats?" Your response to jokes and criticism of democrats is to post a link about a creepy "incel" killer? Why?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:17 pm

]
JimC wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:34 pm
...in your opinion...
Of course, in my opinion. That's what political opinions are: opinions. They aren't, like some are wont to suggest, "facts."
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:22 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:15 am
Apparently we (us leftist scum) are all secret apelusters here...
Not at all. A couple of you act just like them, though. Something to bear in mind.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:56 pm

The problem with both parties is they're judged by their extremists. Republicans are anti-everything and horrible racist cunts, Democrats are shiftless welfare cheats who want everything free and want to pee in the girl's restroom. The vast majority of people fall in the middle somewhere. I voted Republican this election because the economic, tax, and immigration policies espoused by the Democratic candidates were frankly insane. None of the Republican candidates advocated anything remotely like the strawman caricature you see here. I've often voted Democratic in the past, but that was before the odious stench of identity politics permeated everything they do.
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:34 pm

laklak wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:56 pm
The problem with both parties is they're judged by their extremists. Republicans are anti-everything and horrible racist cunts, Democrats are shiftless welfare cheats who want everything free and want to pee in the girl's restroom. The vast majority of people fall in the middle somewhere. I voted Republican this election because the economic, tax, and immigration policies espoused by the Democratic candidates were frankly insane. None of the Republican candidates advocated anything remotely like the strawman caricature you see here. I've often voted Democratic in the past, but that was before the odious stench of identity politics permeated everything they do.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:37 pm

Tero wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:15 am

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 pm

laklak wrote:
I voted Republican this election because the economic, tax, and immigration policies espoused by the Democratic candidates were frankly insane.
The Republican party's stance on science and climate change is insane. The Republican party is without question the most dangerous political organization that has ever existed. Nazis, commies, fascists, you name it, ain't got shit on the GOP.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:21 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:30 pm
laklak wrote:
I voted Republican this election because the economic, tax, and immigration policies espoused by the Democratic candidates were frankly insane.
The Republican party's stance on science and climate change is insane. The Republican party is without question the most dangerous political organization that has ever existed. Nazis, commies, fascists, you name it, ain't got shit on the GOP.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:02 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:22 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:15 am
Apparently we (us leftist scum) are all secret apelusters here...
Not at all. A couple of you act just like them, though. Something to bear in mind.
WTF? Did you even frequent A+? We all got banned within a day. Other than Mai and Mr Samsa (who was banned) no one here is anything like A+. To say they are is just ridiculous. :fp: