Kavanaugh hearing

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Re: Kavanaugh hearing

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:09 am

Yes. I see all of you far-right, Trump-supporting, misogynistic rape apologists desperately clamouring for my attention by abusing the notification function by quoting my posts.

I've no more intention of reading your bile than I do of reading Mein Kampf. Not even out of interest.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:22 am

Honestly, it's amazing to me that a bunch of people who collectively watch Fox News and InfoWars, and read Breitbart, believe in the anti-science of white superiority and climate denial, and support a colossal fuck up believe they have something of value to impart.

Y'know I don't read their posts but I do read the replies which expose their lies, misrepresentations, and general stupidity from the team here. It's like the way I never read, directly, creationist drivel, but do read and watch rebuttals by intelligent scientists.

I couldn't stand an hour of Kend Hovind, but I could listen to Robert Sapolsky all day.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:36 am

Animavore wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:09 am
Yes. I see all of you far-right, Trump-supporting, misogynistic rape apologists desperately clamouring for my attention by abusing the notification function by quoting my posts.

I've no more intention of reading your bile than I do of reading Mein Kampf. Not even out of interest.
I don't think that they are deliberately "abusing the notification function", Ani - people almost automatically use the quote function when they are commenting on one of your posts.

Just as I have done now... :tea:

You of course can continue to ignore them, or join Seabass et al in, shall we say, a rigorous rebuttal... ;)

(mind you, the notification system is a bit of a pain, in some ways, but it's built into the recent upgrade...)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 am

Nah. I let others do the rebuttals. I don't have the time these days. Too busy.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 am

You can disable notifications in the board preferences.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:50 am

I see.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:45 am

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:00 am
Nah, it's more likely that Kavanaugh got out of hand in his youth owing to any number of factors. But he's made peace with himself and god and he's ready to help us all do the same for the good of the world.
Plus he's kept his dick in his pants almost 30 years, taking it out only to pee and reproduce with his married wife!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:05 pm

Yeah, but you never hear about his unmarried wives do you? Why do you think that is?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:11 pm

So what do you guys think? The right-wingers just lie, lie, lie. Or they can't be arsed to read anything other than fox news? I really wanna know man. I'm referring of course to our right-wingers who keep repeating the same lies over and over. It's not just with this issue either. :dunno:

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:16 pm

That’s right. Without bringing out the nazi card, Trump is now a cult leader. He leads his sheep through Twitter. Facts irrelevant. Only making fun of critics/Democrats scores points.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:11 pm
So what do you guys think? The right-wingers just lie, lie, lie. Or they can't be arsed to read anything other than fox news? I really wanna know man. I'm referring of course to our right-wingers who keep repeating the same lies over and over. It's not just with this issue either. :dunno:
the two options are not mutually exclusive, you can lie your soul out AND not be assed to be better informed...
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Joe

Post by Joe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:17 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:28 pm
Stand by for 42 spending pages explaining how black is actually white...
I've been reading on my phone the last few days, so it's extra long. Of course, it's the usual pretzel logic, and Brian demolished it handily.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:45 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Here is a hint - if you can't paraphrase your opponents position in a way that is satisfactory to THEM, you probably don't understand it.

I haven't seen very many people take that step before they come in disagreeing. Look at you saying everyone who disagrees lies and only reads fox news.

Whenever I hear of an 'alt-right' villian, I go find out what they have to say, and in nearly every case, the claims don't match up with what the person said, or what their response is.

Do you think what pErvinalia, or the bit in my signature, shows understanding?
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Cunt wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:45 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:
Here is a hint - if you can't paraphrase your opponents position in a way that is satisfactory to THEM, you probably don't understand it.

I haven't seen very many people take that step before they come in disagreeing. Look at you saying everyone who disagrees lies and only reads fox news.

Whenever I hear of an 'alt-right' villian, I go find out what they have to say, and in nearly every case, the claims don't match up with what the person said, or what their response is.

:sigh:

I spent pages not doing this. You're a broken record dude. But I'm going to help you anyway.

All Ford's witnesses did not deny her claim. That is a misrepresentation of the facts. It keeps being repeated. I wanna know why. Is it intentional, or are they ignorant?

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm
Cunt wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:45 pm
Sean Hayden wrote:

:sigh:

I spent pages not doing this. You're a broken record dude. But I'm going to help you anyway.

All Ford's witnesses did not deny her claim. That is a misrepresentation of the facts. It keeps being repeated. I wanna know why. Is it intentional, or are they ignorant?
Another way of describing it, is that with her claim, she named people who could have corroborated her story, and none of them did.

The focus on every flaw in Kavanaugh, while not being as critical of her, seems more than just one-sided.

It's almost like the political parties are doing the writing.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.