Problematic Stuff

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Problematic Stuff

Post by Forty Two » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:57 pm

Please, Cunt, don't call the traditional styles of other cultures "costumes." It's offensive.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:44 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:57 pm
Please, Cunt, don't call the traditional styles of other cultures "costumes." It's offensive.
I own all cultures, so I can call our costumes anything I wish.

You are a white guy, so you can only talk about socks and sandals, or plaid shirts.
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Old white guys can talk about tuxedos.
Attachments
me and frank.jpg
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:06 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:44 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:57 pm
I own all cultures, so I can call our costumes anything I wish.

You are a white guy, so you can only talk about socks and sandals, or plaid shirts.
I'm offended when I see people from other cultures wearing shirts and neckties.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Supreme Court Makes It Harder for Tribal North Dakotans to Vote
https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... s-to-vote/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Cunt
Lumpy Vagina Bloodfart

Post by Cunt » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 pm

I wonder if Mother Jones is as fair and even-handed as our Seabass (see my signature for punchline)
Shit, Piss, Cock, Cunt, Motherfucker, Cocksucker and Tits.
-various artists

Joe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm
he doesn't communicate

The 'Walsh Question' 'What Is A Woman?' I'll put an answer here when someone posts one that is clear and comprehensible, by apostates to the Faith.

Update: I've been offered one!
rainbow wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:23 pm
It is actually quite easy. A woman has at least one X chromosome.
Strong ideas don't require censorship to survive. Weak ideas cannot survive without it.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Cunt wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 pm
I wonder if Mother Jones is as fair and even-handed as our Seabass (see my signature for punchline)
Given that you are clearly not associated in any way with the political left, you have nothing to be ashamed of... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:28 am

Republicans aren't dangerous at all! They just have a difference of opinion! Is that so wrong? :ddpan:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:24 am

Ignoring the climate elephant in the room is probably going to turn out to be our species greatest mistake. And let's be honest, standard capitalism (let alone far more regulated?) can't deal with climate change. We really are fucked. Nothing short of revolution will save us (unless some amazing new technologies/techniques come online before it's too late -- i.e. faith).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:53 am

Well, if it's any consolation, Coito2 got a small tax cut, so at least humanity will go out on a high note.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:01 am

And the stock market is up too! Oh wait, hold my beer..
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:29 am

There is no voter suppression in the US. :prof:
Voting rights become a flashpoint in Georgia governor’s race
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

ATLANTA — Marsha Appling-Nunez was showing the college students she teaches how to check online if they’re registered to vote when she made a troubling discovery. Despite being an active Georgia voter who had cast ballots in recent elections, she was no longer registered.

“I was kind of shocked,” said Appling-Nunez, who moved from one Atlanta suburb to another in May and believed she had successfully changed her address on the voter rolls.

“I’ve always voted. I try to not miss any elections, including local ones,” Appling-Nunez said.

She tried re-registering, but with about one month left before a November election that will decide a governor’s race and some competitive U.S. House races, Appling-Nunez’s application is one of over 53,000 sitting on hold with Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp’s office. And unlike Appling-Nunez, many people on that list — which is predominantly black, according to an analysis by The Associated Press — may not even know their voter registration has been held up.

Tuesday is Georgia’s deadline to register and be eligible to vote in the November General Election.

Kemp, who’s also the Republican candidate for governor, is in charge of elections and voter registration in Georgia.

His Democratic opponent, former state Rep. Stacey Abrams, and voting rights advocacy groups charge that Kemp is systematically using his office to suppress votes and tilt the election, and that his policies disproportionately affect black and minority voters.

continued:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:08 am

How can you not have an independent election commission?? This sort of thing just opens the door to corruption.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:15 am

A perfect example where the US obsession with leaving things to elected officials rather than some form of civil service leads to less democracy rather than more...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:01 am

Republicans aren't dangerous, they just have a difference of opinion! Is that so wrong?