"The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Re: "The butt of global jokes": who might this be? (Talk Trump)

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:14 am

Zurawik: Let's just assume Trump's always lying and fact check him backward
http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainme ... story.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:04 am

Gaslighters had a really important job to do, so take it as a compliment, rEv! :hehe:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:11 am

Some of the terms out of the SJW scene make no sense to me. Doxxing... what the fuck could that even mean? It's not a word. Gaslighting..? Using an energy source to turn a light on?? :think: And there's other funny ones I've seen over the years. Actually, the alt-right and incels etc have a bunch of their own bizarre terms as well. Can't these people just use ordinary English to describe things?! :lay:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:59 am

That means they would have to think. Very dangerous.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:51 am

More from the 'Trump Derangement Syndrome' front: the piece is over the top, but it's describing a genuine phenomenon.

'The Cruelty Is the Point'
Even those who believe that Ford fabricated her account, or was mistaken in its details, can see that the president’s mocking of her testimony renders all sexual-assault survivors collateral damage. Anyone afraid of coming forward, afraid that she would not be believed, can now look to the president to see her fears realized. Once malice is embraced as a virtue, it is impossible to contain.

The cruelty of the Trump administration’s policies, and the ritual rhetorical flaying of his targets before his supporters, are intimately connected. As Lili Loofbourow wrote of the Kavanaugh incident in Slate, adolescent male cruelty toward women is a bonding mechanism, a vehicle for intimacy through contempt. The white men in the lynching photos are smiling not merely because of what they have done, but because they have done it together.

We can hear the spectacle of cruel laughter throughout the Trump era. There were the border-patrol agents cracking up at the crying immigrant children separated from their families, and the Trump adviser who delighted white supremacists when he mocked a child with Down syndrome who was separated from her mother. There were the police who laughed uproariously when the president encouraged them to abuse suspects, and the Fox News hosts mocking a survivor of the Pulse Nightclub massacre (and in the process inundating him with threats), the survivors of sexual assault protesting to Senator Jeff Flake, the women who said the president had sexually assaulted them, and the teen survivors of the Parkland school shooting. There was the president mocking Puerto Rican accents shortly after thousands were killed and tens of thousands displaced by Hurricane Maria, the black athletes protesting unjustified killings by the police, the women of the #MeToo movement who have come forward with stories of sexual abuse, and the disabled reporter whose crime was reporting on Trump truthfully. It is not just that the perpetrators of this cruelty enjoy it; it is that they enjoy it with one another. Their shared laughter at the suffering of others is an adhesive that binds them to one another, and to Trump.

Trump’s only true skill is the con; his only fundamental belief is that the United States is the birthright of straight, white, Christian men, and his only real, authentic pleasure is in cruelty. It is that cruelty, and the delight it brings them, that binds his most ardent supporters to him, in shared scorn for those they hate and fear: immigrants, black voters, feminists, and treasonous white men who empathize with any of those who would steal their birthright. The president’s ability to execute that cruelty through word and deed makes them euphoric. It makes them feel good, it makes them feel proud, it makes them feel happy, it makes them feel united. And as long as he makes them feel that way, they will let him get away with anything, no matter what it costs them.
Those who oppose Trump are 'deranged' but those who gleefully cheer him on as he calls the (non Fox News) press the 'enemy of the people,' mocks those who are less powerful than he is, shouts blatant lies, brands the whole Democratic party as a 'left wing mob' who are 'whacko' and 'too dangerous to govern,' well they're just having good clean fun. People need to get with the program--being part of a crowd that's chanting mindless catchphrases in support of authoritarianism is a blast!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:03 am

Well said.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:21 am

I thought (according to Orange fatface) things were going great in America?

World stock markets dive as Trump attacks 'crazy' US rate hikes
President adds to borrowing costs concern as China tension fuels febrile market mood
Maybe he will realise there is a world out there that America needs.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:25 am

Continuing:

US futures signal that the global market bloodbath is just getting started
Stock markets around the world sell off sharply as fears about slowing economic growth and rising interest rates spook investors. Declines in US futures show selloff is not slowing down.
Dow Jones saw its third largest one-day point drop in history on Wednesday. Bloodbath then spread to Asia with China's Shanghai Composite losing more than 5%.
Europe is now suffering: all major bourses down at least 1%; VIX 'fear index' is spiking, up 5.4%
Is the Orange Fatarse happy with this?

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:14 pm

It's rigged! It's a campaign propaganda!
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com/2018/1 ... trump.html
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:41 pm

This is what happens when idiots do not realise what their actions will cause:

Global market slide as Donald Trump says Fed is 'making a big mistake' - business live

Still going well Orange Dickhead?
Markets slide: What the experts say

The widening rift between the US and China is driving shares down, says J.P. Morgan Asset Management global market strategist Marcella Chow:

Headlines around the broadening US-China conflict also continue to worsen as the U.S. arrested and extradited a Chinese official in Belgium to face espionage charges.

There are concerns over a 3Q earnings rise following recent profit warnings and weak reports. In particular, Fastenal’s CEO said the trade war with China is raising material costs that will crimp profit margins and hurt US consumers, and French luxury goods maker LVMH confirmed Chinese border guards are more actively searching travelers’ suitcases for undeclared goods added to fears of a slowdown in spending by Chinese consumers.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 pm

Going great as he tries to sack Kelly.

Trump tries to fire John Kelly 'but Kelly just ignores him', White House official says
'I think the president just doesn’t know who to call to fire him,' claims staffer
FFS He is really losing it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:08 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:11 am
Some of the terms out of the SJW scene make no sense to me. Doxxing... what the fuck could that even mean? It's not a word. Gaslighting..? Using an energy source to turn a light on?? :think: And there's other funny ones I've seen over the years. Actually, the alt-right and incels etc have a bunch of their own bizarre terms as well. Can't these people just use ordinary English to describe things?! :lay:
Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, making them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the victim and delegitimize the victim's belief.

The term originates in the systematic psychological manipulation of a victim by her husband in the 1938 stage play Gaslight, known as Angel Street in the United States, and the film adaptations released in 1940 and 1944. In the story, a husband attempts to convince his wife and others that she is insane by manipulating small elements of their environment and insisting that she is mistaken, remembering things incorrectly, or delusional when she points out these changes. The original title stems from the dimming of the gas lights in the house that happened when the husband was using the gas lights in the flat above while searching for the jewels belonging to a woman whom he had murdered. The wife correctly notices the dimming lights and discusses it with her husband, but he insists that she merely imagined a change in the level of illumination.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaslighting#Etymology
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:40 pm

The term 'gaslighting' was in use in published writing at least as early as 1961 according to the Oxford English Dictionary. While some of the vocabulary of the social justice movement may have originated there, 'gaslighting' certainly didn't. The term 'doxxing' appears to have originated in hacker culture.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:15 pm

We had "leeries" in Edinburgh in the days we had street gas lights. They were gas lamplighters. When I did newspaper round it was under gas lamps. They were not bright.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:51 pm
Going great as he tries to sack Kelly.

Trump tries to fire John Kelly 'but Kelly just ignores him', White House official says
'I think the president just doesn’t know who to call to fire him,' claims staffer
FFS He is really losing it.
You take seriously the allegation that Donald Trump couldn't fire John Kelly (assuming he wanted to) because he did not know who to call? I mean... come on....

"claims staffer" - lol, at least it wasn't an "administration official."

Anyone who credits this garbage is really losing it. More Trump Derangement Syndrome.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar