US v Manafort

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: US v Manafort

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:26 am

He might still be the recipient of s presidential pardon I suppose...
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:02 am

Mueller has recommended a 24 year sentence for Manafort. If that's what he's suggest for people who help his inquiry I hate to think what the uncooperative are going to get.

Special Counsel Robert Mueller claimed Manafort had "lied about sharing polling data ... related to the 2016 presidential campaign" with Konstantin Kilimnik, a Russian-Ukrainian businessman who the U.S. claims to have links to Russian intelligence and was charged last year with tampering with potential witnesses.

Manafort, former chair of the Trump campaign, pleaded guilty last year to conspiracy charges in Washington and faces sentencing in a separate case in Virginia, though none of the charges are directly concerned with the alleged collusion between the Kremlin and the Trump campaign.

"This shows that Bob Mueller can demonstrate to a court, without the testimony of Paul Manafort, that the campaign had a connection to Russian intelligence and the connection involved information going from the campaign to the Russians," Napolitano said. "The question is, was this in return for a promise of something from the Russians, and did the candidate, now the president, know about it?”

He said that agreement would be a "conspiracy," whether or not the Trump campaign actually got anything of value from the Russians....

link >>
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:06 am

Life for Trump as that is the least he deserves. 15 years for his kids for corruption.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:12 pm

Nah, I just want him out. Ankle monitor at Mar-a-Lago to the end of his would have been term.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:34 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:07 pm
https://apnews.com/ffb7fc2995d64452be11 ... indictment

So, Paulie says he dindoonuffin.

He says all transactions were from legal sources, and that he did not set up offshore accounts or otherwise avoid US processes and taxes. He claims the indictment is "embellished." Pleads not guilty.

So, what have they got on him?

Where's the beef?
Ukraine. He is going to jail.
Manafort is a somewhat legendary Republican operative and lobbyist who spent a decade working for pro-Russian Ukrainian politicians before joining Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.

Because of his ties to pro-Russian interests, Manafort has long been a major figure of interest to investigators probing whether the Trump campaign conspired with Russia to interfere with the election — and he ended up being the first person indicted by special counsel Robert Mueller. His legal road since then has been long and winding....bla bla bla...
No story. Another loser criminal employed by tax evading criminal Trump. We are going to Al Capone him to jail sooner or later, maybe by Nov 2020. Save us all a lot of mudslinging pocahontas and brown people insults.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:09 pm

Tero wrote:
Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:34 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:07 pm
https://apnews.com/ffb7fc2995d64452be11 ... indictment

So, Paulie says he dindoonuffin.

He says all transactions were from legal sources, and that he did not set up offshore accounts or otherwise avoid US processes and taxes. He claims the indictment is "embellished." Pleads not guilty.

So, what have they got on him?

Where's the beef?
Ukraine. He is going to jail.
Manafort is a somewhat legendary Republican operative and lobbyist who spent a decade working for pro-Russian Ukrainian politicians before joining Trump’s presidential campaign in 2016.

Because of his ties to pro-Russian interests, Manafort has long been a major figure of interest to investigators probing whether the Trump campaign conspired with Russia to interfere with the election — and he ended up being the first person indicted by special counsel Robert Mueller. His legal road since then has been long and winding....bla bla bla...
No story. Another loser criminal employed by tax evading criminal Trump. We are going to Al Capone him to jail sooner or later, maybe by Nov 2020. Save us all a lot of mudslinging pocahontas and brown people insults.
All for stuff having nothing at all to do with Trump or the Trump campaign.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Sean Hayden wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:29 am
If he knows something he should have flipped a long time ago. Why wait till now? I'd guess that if he knows anything then he's stayed quiet because he had stronger loyalties elsewhere. I mean most people are going to flip on Trump right away aren't they? :dunno:
He has nothing to share about Trump. He would have flipped. And, he got himself in hot water over breaking his deal with Mueller, so Mueller is letting him have it in the culu.

This is all orgaxmic for anyone who is suffering under TDS, but it really has nothing to do with Trump.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:58 pm

Trump got a time share in Ukraine. He’ll be golfing there soon.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:52 am

Apparently Forty Two knows what was in the redacted sections of the filings in Manafort's case, and is able to tell us that Manafort 'has nothing to share about Trump.' Well that's settled then. Or perhaps not.
According to a previous filing in the case, Manafort allegedly lied to the government about sharing 2016 presidential polling data with Kilimnik and about discussing a so-called Ukrainian peace plan with him during the 2016 campaign. The FBI has said that Kilimnik has ties to Russian intelligence, and news outlets have reported that Kilimnik has relationships with oligarchs and other powerful Russians who are close to President Vladimir Putin.

One of Mueller’s top prosecutors, Andrew Weissman, recently suggested that Kilimnik may play a far more central role in the special counsel’s investigation than previously known. According to a partially redacted transcript of a closed hearing in Manafort’s case, Judge Jackson questioned Weissman as to why Manafort’s lies about his interactions with Kilimnik were so important.

“This goes to the larger view of what we think is going on, and what we think is the motive here,” Weissmann told the judge. “This goes, I think, very much to the heart of what the special counsel’s office is investigating.”

The heart of what the special counsel’s office is investigating. With those 10 words, Kilimnik’s place in the Mueller probe vaulted from obscure bit player to main character.

There are a couple of potential explanations here. Perhaps Manafort lied about his interactions with Kilimnik because he thought he wouldn’t get caught, or because lying so often seems to be the default setting for those within President Trump’s orbit.

Another theory is that Manafort intentionally misled the government about his interactions with Kilimnik over a supposed Ukraine peace plan because those conversations revealed something more damning about his — and potentially the Trump campaign’s — interactions with Kilimnik as the 2016 campaign was underway. That seems to be what Weissman was alluding to in his comments at the recent closed-door hearing.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:30 am

If Trump pardons Manafort as he's broadly hinted that he might, there's fresh hell awaiting Manafort, prepared by New York prosecutors.

'New York preps state charges for Manafort in case of a Trump pardon: report'
The New York County district attorney's office has prepared charges against former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in case he receives a presidential pardon, Bloomberg News reported Friday.

Two people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg News that District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. has prepared tax and other charges against him.

Manafort, 69, was convicted of eight bank and tax fraud charges over the summer in a criminal case that sprang from special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation.

Separately, he pleaded guilty to two conspiracy charges in September for lobbying for politicians supportive of Russia in Ukraine.

Manafort agreed to fully cooperate with prosecutors as part of a deal regarding his foreign lobbying charges, but Mueller said in November that Manafort violated his plea agreement by lying to investigators.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 am

47 months for Manafort.

Frank Zappa

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:18 am

This is fucking delicious. 47 months with credit for time served. Lol, imagine the ANGST. This is the best they got? Stay tuned for more OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!
Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Six years for Manafort for conspiracy, to run concurrently with the previous sentence.

#WITCHUNT #FAKENEWS #NOCOLLUSION

Frank Zappa

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:25 pm

Does that mean he wears a second hair shirt.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Will there be tennis and swimming in white collar prison? Minigolf?