Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Re: Everything you didn't want to know about Trump and were not afraid to ask

Post by Seabass » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:04 pm
President Scumbag shows, yet ag again, why he's unfit to be considered a member of the human race, let alone a president.
Washington (CNN)Nearly 3,000 people died in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico. President Donald Trump denied this reality as a hurricane barrels toward the Carolinas.

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000," he said in a tweet Thursday morning as Carolinians prepared to be pummeled by Hurricane Florence.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/13/poli ... index.html
Trump has consistently denied any fault for his administration in the aftermath of the storm. In fact, the President has instead sought praise for his handling of Hurricane Maria, saying earlier this week that it was "an incredible, unsung success."

So the Puerto Rican death toll is a Democrat hoax. Just when you thought he couldn't get any more despicable. How will Coito Two defend this shit?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Seabass wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 pm
Animavore wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:04 pm
President Scumbag shows, yet ag again, why he's unfit to be considered a member of the human race, let alone a president.
Washington (CNN)Nearly 3,000 people died in the aftermath of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico. President Donald Trump denied this reality as a hurricane barrels toward the Carolinas.

"3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000," he said in a tweet Thursday morning as Carolinians prepared to be pummeled by Hurricane Florence.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/13/poli ... index.html
Trump has consistently denied any fault for his administration in the aftermath of the storm. In fact, the President has instead sought praise for his handling of Hurricane Maria, saying earlier this week that it was "an incredible, unsung success."

So the Puerto Rican death toll is a Democrat hoax. Just when you thought he couldn't get any more despicable. How will Coito Two defend this shit?
Ungrateful sons of bitches in the country of Puerto Rico! :lay: Whadda they want, more paper towels thrown at them? That's it, isn't it? They want more free handouts! :lay:
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:33 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:08 pm
Less than 1%? That's an understatement. FEMA's budget is about $14 billion, with a "b" - so 10 million is about 0.07% of the FEMA budget. Not merely "less than 1%." They took a whopping 7% of that 1% of the fema budget. The Department of Homeland Security has the authority to move a limited amount of money around within its budget.
What I've found is that the news sources reporting on this refer to FEMA's overall operating budget. I see Wikipedia has the same number you've given, and the source which details the basis of the number shows that a large portion of it is devoted to various disaster relief funds.
The transfer documents specifically say the money didn't come from disaster relief — it came from FEMA's budgets for "training, travel, public engagement, IT security support and infrastructure maintenance."

source
Budget documents show the transfer of $9,755,303 from FEMA to ICE. That represents just under 1% of the agency’s overall budget. Money was also transferred to ICE from the U.S. Coast Guard and the Transportation Security Administration.

source
FEMA's budget originally was $1.03 billion, and the amount transferred was about $9.755 million.

source
The point is that this administration is taking money from agencies specifically devoted to helping the public in order to fund its pet law enforcement agency.
Another point is that this relates to allocation of funds all within the Department of Homeland Security which as discretion to move bits of money around to address issues throughout the year, so money that isn't exactly needed over here right now can be moved over there where it is needed. These are small amounts of money dealing with operating expenses, and the objections here are political, trying to paint a picture of Trump twirling his moustache as he takes money away from disaster relief to pay for evil pet projects. That's not what is happening. And, it wasn't Trump who decided this - he wouldn't give a fuck about $10 million here or there. It was the Department of Homeland Security doing its day-to-day job of managing various departments under its heading. FEMA already said more than once that no money was taken from disaster accounts or money allocated for disaster relief. This was not money that would have been used for disaster relief.

Do we think this is the first time DHS moved money around among its various agencies?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:16 am

:pop:

:tea:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:23 am

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:05 am

“There’s no fear that Paul Manafort would cooperate against the president because there’s nothing to cooperate about and we long ago evaluated him as an honorable man.” -- Giuliani
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:20 am

well, giuliani may or may not be honourable, but I suspect that he's a made man.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:58 am

Badda-boom Badda-bing!

Frank Zappa

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:15 pm

It's Trump's fault now that the original death tolls by the Puerto Rican government were about 16, then upped to 45, then later upped to a few hundred? And, he has to accept a study by a non-governmental entity that says 3,000?

He should stop it with the tweets, because they always give his opposition opportunities. And, he doesn't know how many people died, so he shouldn't declare that he knows 3,000 didn't die. What he should do is calmly issue a statement that says that according to government sources at or near the time of the events, the death toll was reported to him by Puerto Rican authorities to be in the 10s or dozens, and that it took many many months for other numbers to be reported.

About a month ago, the number was about 1400 from other sources.

Now it's 3000, and it's a complete outrage to deny it?
Many news reports latched on to the number 4,645 in a new Harvard University study about the death toll in Puerto Rico from Hurricane Maria — more than 70 times above the government’s official count.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... ane-maria/
UPDATE Sept. 13, 2018: Since this story posted, another study attempting to approximate the death toll was commissioned by the government in Puerto Rico and published by the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health. The study released in August 2018 analyzed death certificates and other mortality data and found an estimated 2,975 excess deaths between September 2017 through the end of February 2018. The team compared the total number of deaths during that time to the expected number based on historical patterns and found that the number was 22 percent higher than would have been expected.
https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-mete ... ane-maria/

Trump is correct in that this is a model, not a death count. It's an estimate, based on the data put in.

Trump shouldn't have bothered commenting on it. This is new information, and nobody can go back in time and in hindsight correct what was published when Maria hit, which was from 16 to 65 deaths. People speculated it should be more, and some said it would be a few hundred. The Harvard study above said it was 95% confidence of somewhere above 738, with no number being more likely than any other in the range predicted.

So, it's not wrong to view the numbers skeptically, but it is wrong to simply declare that 3,000 people did not die. What he should have said was that at the time of the events the information he was given from Puerto Rican authorities was in the range of 16 to 65, and that's the actionable information anyone had at the time.

He's not wrong, though, that the Democrats salivate over blaming Republicans for hurricane response. Just look back at hurricane Katrina and how they manufactured Bush being responsible for that. Trump shouldn't have made the accusation, but let's not be naive and exempt the Democrats (and others) from at least a POSSIBLE motive to embellish.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:57 pm

But he did comment on it, because it annoyed him that the death count gave the impression that he hadn't done enough to help the victims, particularly after he spent many late nights tweeting pot-shots at Puerto Rico's major.

Frank Zappa

tattuchu
a dickload of cocks
About me: I'm having trouble with the trolley.

Post by tattuchu » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:10 pm

And he gave them paper towels and everything! What more do those assholes want??
trump christ.jpg
trump christ.jpg (38.28 KiB) Viewed 1224 times
People think "queue" is just "q" followed by 4 silent letters.

But those letters are not silent.

They're just waiting their turn.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:22 pm

I love the hair in that. :D

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:19 am

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:50 am

Woah! Did Manafort just plead guilty to felonies and confessed to his crimes in open court?