Israeli Apartheid and the UK's Complicity

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Re: Israeli Apartheid and the UK's Complicity

Post by Rum » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:50 pm

It is worth remembering that the impetus for the formation of a 'home' (not a State) goes back much earlier and is sometimes thought to originate in the desire to gain American (Jewish) support for WW1.
balfour.jpg

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:36 pm

By their own lights there are two kinds of people in this world: Gentiles and Jews.

So... I'm wondering how much responsibility the world bears for their "alienation" from "Gentile" society.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:46 pm

Nearly all of it. Don’t be a fuckwit.

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Śiva wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:53 pm
You're the fucking racist Strontium Dog. Arabs are from Arabia and have no claim on the land? Fuck off. Seriously. Fuck off.
Where did I say they had no claim on the land? Don't put words in my mouth, then claim I'm a racist based off your invention, you stupid fuck.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:36 pm
Thanks for giving us permission to start slowly reclaiming Northern Ireland and pushing the Prods into ghettos.
You make it sound like that hasn't happened already.
Animavore wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:58 pm
What's that got to do with anything? The Palestinians aren't Arabs.
Well, they very clearly are. Not least because they self-identify as Arabs.
Animavore wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm
The United Nations had no right either. No one consulted the people living there. I sure as fuck know you Brits don't like it if someone else tries to take your sovereignty (real or percieved).
I love how you say "you Brits" when you know full well I am a dual British/Irish national. It's so funny.

As it happens, I was sent this article today which demonstrates that the Irish themselves don't exactly have a squeaky clean history where persecuting people is concerned.

http://www.patrickcomerford.com/2017/07 ... ry-of.html

The last Jew buried in that Limerick cemetery was my father's eldest brother.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:47 pm
Arabs are from Arabia originally. Clue is in the name. And regardless of anything else, Jews are also undeniably genetically Middle Eastern.
Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:56 pm
Where did I say they had no claim on the land? Don't put words in my mouth, then claim I'm a racist based off your invention, you stupid fuck.
It was implicit in your argument. You're implicitly asserting that Jews have a claim on the lands in question because they're "Middle Eastern," and then implicitly dismissing the Palestinians as "Arabs" from "Arabia."

Or am I misconstruing the basis of your argument? Please clarify.

You stupid fuck. :tea:
Last edited by Jason on Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Nobody going to answer this? An inconvenient truth, I imagine.
Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm
After the re-establishment of Israel, Jews were forced out of Arab lands, leaving behind land covering an area four times the size of Israel. Shouldn't that land be returned to the Jews, since it actually was stolen from them? Or does that not count, because Jews?

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:06 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
After the re-establishment of Israel, Jews were forced out of Arab lands, leaving behind land covering an area four times the size of Israel. Shouldn't that land be returned to the Jews, since it actually was stolen from them? Or does that not count, because Jews?
Explain to me why the "Jews" get special treatment in this regard. They are not unique.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Śiva wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Arabs are from Arabia originally. Clue is in the name. And regardless of anything else, Jews are also undeniably genetically Middle Eastern.
Strontium Dog wrote:
It was implicit in your argument. You're implicitly asserting that Jews have a claim on the lands in question because they're "Middle Eastern," and then implicitly dismissing the Palestinians as "Arabs" from "Arabia."

Yes, you are misconstruing. I was only pointing out that the Arabs in Palestine were largely not, as Animavore seems to think, Jews who had changed religion. They were Arabs, mainly Muslims, who considered themselves very much part of the Arab world, and it's only in the last century that a separate Palestinian identity has arisen.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:14 pm

Śiva wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Explain to me why the "Jews" get special treatment in this regard. They are not unique.
You people seem uniquely obsessed by the Jews. Envy is a terrible thing.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:15 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:14 pm
Śiva wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
You people seem uniquely obsessed by the Jews. Envy is a terrible thing.
What do you mean? I'm circumcised. :tea:

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:13 pm
Śiva wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Strontium Dog wrote:

Yes, you are misconstruing. I was only pointing out that the Arabs in Palestine were largely not, as Animavore seems to think, Jews who had changed religion. They were Arabs, mainly Muslims, who considered themselves very much part of the Arab world, and it's only in the last century that a separate Palestinian identity has arisen.
Excuse me, but how do you know the Palestinians are not of the same genetic stock as the Jewish people of old?

I demand a test!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:29 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm
You make it sound like that hasn't happened already
:what:
Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:05 pm
As it happens, I was sent this article today which demonstrates that the Irish themselves don't exactly have a squeaky clean history where persecuting people is concerned.
Red herring. Nothing to with Isreal and the current apartheid regime.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:12 pm

An apartheid regime where Arab and Jewish citizens enjoy equal rights. Good one.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:31 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:12 pm
An apartheid regime where Arab and Jewish citizens enjoy equal rights. Good one.
What the actual fuck are you smoking?