Israeli Apartheid and the UK's Complicity

Strontium Dog
About me: Navy Seals are not seals

Re: Israeli Apartheid and the UK's Complicity

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:27 pm
The UK created Isreal without permission of those who lived there. Of course they are complicit. They never had any right to create the state.
They did the same with my country. Took our land and proportioned it out to whomever they pleased while removing in the way natives.
Modern Israel was a creation of the United Nations. And there was never not a period when Jews did not live there. Of course, there was an influx of Jewish refugees back home after the umpteenth genocide against them, and Israel had to be re-established because Arab racists were murdering the refugees.
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Śiva wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:30 pm
Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:26 pm
"While the Jews were away" is a heck of a euphemism for the ethnic cleansing of Jews from their homeland!
OK SD, so tell me why is the Jewish ethnicity treated with such special consideration for what is a dead fact of history when other ethnicities have been similarly displaced from their homelands and receive no such treatment?
Which displaced ethnicities did you have in mind? And how many of those displaced peoples were subjected to multiple genocides?
100% verifiable facts or your money back. Anti-fascist. Enemy of woo - theistic or otherwise. Cloth is not an antiviral. Imagination and fantasy is no substitute for tangible reality. Wishing doesn't make it real.

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear" - George Orwell

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Barry Goldwater

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 pm

God damnit I'm all for the reinstatement of the Estruscan homeland too!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:45 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:39 pm
Animavore wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:27 pm
The UK created Isreal without permission of those who lived there. Of course they are complicit. They never had any right to create the state.
They did the same with my country. Took our land and proportioned it out to whomever they pleased while removing in the way natives.
Modern Israel was a creation of the United Nations. And there was never not a period when Jews did not live there. Of course, there was an influx of Jewish refugees back home after the umpteenth genocide against them, and Israel had to be re-established because Arab racists were murdering the refugees.
The United Nations had no right either. No one consulted the people living there. I sure as fuck know you Brits don't like it if someone else tries to take your sovereignty (real or percieved).
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Strontium Dog

Post by Strontium Dog » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:47 pm

Animavore wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:31 pm
Svartalf wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:32 pm
Jews have a right to live, Israeli had no right to steal the lands of Palestine from the occupants who settled them while the Jews were away.
While the Jews were away? They never went anywhere. Palestinians are decendants of the people who always lived there. They just changed religion and culture over time. They are a Semitic group.

Isreali Jews aren't only diaspora anyway. They are largely genetically European.
Arabs are from Arabia originally. Clue is in the name. And regardless of anything else, Jews are also undeniably genetically Middle Eastern. There is a racist movement that tries to paint Jews as white European interlopers, but they aren't, and genetic testing shows a close relationship to Arabs, Samaritans etc

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:53 pm

You're the fucking racist Strontium Dog. Arabs are from Arabia and have no claim on the land? Fuck off. Seriously. Fuck off.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:54 pm

Śiva wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:15 pm
OK, so there's no actual moral justification for it then.
no, it's the reverse of moral justification... if anybody has moral justification, it's the Palestinians, they didn't take the land from the Jews (The Romans did that), and the Jews had no business confiscating the territory after being away for 2000 years, especially since they had been offered a territory to be the Jewish homeland... ok, that was Stalin, but the place still is called the Jewish special oblast, even if the Jewish population there is ludicrously low.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:58 pm

Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:47 pm
There is a racist movement that tries to paint Jews as white European interlopers, but they aren't,
Nope. Completely not what I said.

https://www.livescience.com/40247-ashke ... genes.html
Strontium Dog wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:47 pm
Arabs are from Arabia originally.
What's that got to do with anything? The Palestinians aren't Arabs.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Animavore wrote:
Svartalf wrote:
Jews have a right to live, Israeli had no right to steal the lands of Palestine from the occupants who settled them while the Jews were away.
While the Jews were away? They never went anywhere. Palestinians are decendants of the people who always lived there. They just changed religion and culture over time. They are a Semitic group.

Isreali Jews aren't only diaspora anyway. They are largely genetically European.
I assume that Palestinian are an arab rather than hebrew group, and that they settled around the 7th century, during the period of Arab expansion.

But yeah, you're right, Ashkenazim are genetically europeans and have no business calling themselves Jews, much less colonizing Palestine... because, let's face it, the ashkenazi are a lot more virulent than the sefardim.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Śiva wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:42 pm
God damnit I'm all for the reinstatement of the Estruscan homeland too!
If you find Etruscans, I'll be all for Norther Italy being turned into Etruria.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:59 pm
Animavore wrote:
Svartalf wrote:

I assume that Palestinian are an arab rather than hebrew group, and that they settled around the 7th century, during the period of Arab expansion.

But yeah, you're right, Ashkenazim are genetically europeans and have no business calling themselves Jews, much less colonizing Palestine... because, let's face it, the ashkenazi are a lot more virulent than the sefardim.
Arabs and Hebrews are pretty much the same people.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:03 pm

not quite, they have different (slightly) languages and cultures... Hebrews are settled, Arabs are much more nomadic

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Svartalf wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:03 pm
not quite, they have different (slightly) languages and cultures... Hebrews are settled, Arabs are much more nomadic
That's like saying the Irish and the travelers aren't the same people.

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:08 pm

well, ask rural Irish if they are the same people as the travellers... and there's been serious cultural drift, the Travellers tend to speak shelta rather than standard English or Irish.

I mean, ask a serb if he's the same people as a croat, or a czech if he's a slovak... and in both cases the paired groups have mutually understandable languages...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Śiva wrote:I'm not saying Israel should not exist, but why is it that people feel that a particular ethnic group requires it's own ethnocentric homeland? There are many ethnicities around the world who do not have such a homeland and no one is calling for their right to have one. What makes the Jewish ethnic group special in that regard?
I think the genocide of the Holocaust was a significant, special event in this regard - and the creation of Israel was, in part, formed out of an international consensus that a homeland would act as a bar against anything like that happening again. And we have to remember that before the creation of Israel Jews were often considered outsiders in their countries of residence - and in many places they still are today.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT