Problematic Stuff

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: Problematic Stuff

Post by JimC » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:47 pm

:lol:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:06 am

So, we created MS-13. It comes back to bite us on the ass. We then use MS-13 as an excuse to ethnically cleanse the US of brown people. I can't think of anything more American. Except for maybe deep-fried butter.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:11 am

MS-13 has got to be the gayest name for a gang. It sounds like a family movie rating. And I'd tell them to their faces too. :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Jason
Destroyer of words

Post by Jason » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:14 pm

When did you become such a raging homophobe rEv? :ask:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:48 pm

I don't know what you are talking about
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:02 am

These brave Gestapo, I mean ICE, agents are helping Trump make America great again.
‘Like a kidnapping’: ICE snatches 25-year Minnesota resident from his family in harrowing video
Plainclothes, refusal to show ID, threats of federal assault charges -- all in the broad daylight of a county courthouse.
https://thinkprogress.org/carlos-immigr ... f5da98eb8/

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:59 am

New Poll: 43% of Republicans Want to Give Trump the Power to Shut Down Media
The “enemy of the people” talk is working. A plurality of self-identified Republicans say they want Trump to have the power to take “bad” media outlets out.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-poll- ... down-media

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:26 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:59 am
The “enemy of the people” talk is working. A plurality of self-identified Republicans say they want Trump to have the power to take “bad” media outlets out.
Very concerning. It shows why a rock-solid constitutional provision concerning freedom of speech and the press is so important. Leaving such things up to the viscissitudes of the voting public is a bad idea, as is allowing any inroad to have government set orthodoxy or determine truth.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:00 pm

By 2014, no fewer than 54 U.S. Senators — all Democrats or Democratic allies such as current presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (Vt.) — supported a constitutional amendment essentially rewriting the First Amendment so that the federal government could regulate and criminalize free speech. Congressional Democrats are once again preparing to make a push to roll back the court's decision and stifle free speech.
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/e ... ree-speech
Over a dozen state attorneys general (all of them Democrats), recently announced that they will go after companies such as Exxon Mobil that disagree with their views on climate change. The prosecutors' goal is to intimidate these groups to change their position or else face criminal prosecution.
The Department of Justice has asked the FBI to begin similar investigations of major energy companies. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) has even called for organizations that disagree with him to be prosecuted under the federal law banning racketeering — a law originally meant to target mobsters and drug kingpins.
And, more than half of democrats support making "hate speech" a criminal offense. https://today.yougov.com/topics/politic ... ate-speech

Neither side is free of the pernicious, anti-free speech movements, and that is why this battle has to be fought in every generation. When I was young, the question was sometimes posed whether advocacy of communism and overthrow of the government was free speech. Now, the Republicans think they should be in favor of press restrictions because the media is dishonest and biased. Restricting free speech and press for that reason is as bad as trying to stop election communications (publications, movies, books, etc.) within a certain time prior to an election), banning offensive or allegedly hateful speech, or censoring microaggressions and such.

Notice, when one side advances a restriction on speech, it's because the other side's message is outside of the scope of free speech -- hate speech is not free speech -- prohibit publication of "fake" news -- speech which "injures" an identity group, false and biased media! They're all sides of the same di. Shut the OTHER GUY up. He's dangerous. His speech is bad.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:48 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:26 pm
Seabass wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:59 am
Very concerning. It shows why a rock-solid constitutional provision concerning freedom of speech and the press is so important. Leaving such things up to the viscissitudes of the voting public is a bad idea, as is allowing any inroad to have government set orthodoxy or determine truth.
These are the people you side with in supporting Trump. You'd think this would make you second guess your support..

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:21 pm

42, "taking out" "bad media outlets" is a dangerous, sweeping assault on the media and free speech in general. It cannot be compared with proposed narrowly targeted restrictions on true hate speech against people of different colour. Having said that, some on the left tend to broaden suggested targeted restrictions to absurd degrees, which I would oppose - few here support general restrictions based on political correctness alone...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:29 pm

Yebbut SJWs are unravelling the very fabric of spacetime. :prof:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:35 pm

JimC wrote:42, "taking out" "bad media outlets" is a dangerous, sweeping assault on the media and free speech in general. It cannot be compared with proposed narrowly targeted restrictions on true hate speech against people of different colour.
It can be when you are 42 and are prosecuting a nuance free rhetorical argument.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:49 pm

Hopefully, these fine people will prevail over those dangerous and violent SJWs!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:48 am

Some good analysis work there. I expect 42 to be quoting from the Occidental Quarterly any day now..