Movies that Were OK, but Are Politically Incorrect Today

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Re: Movies that Were OK, but Are Politically Incorrect Today

Post by cronus » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:25 am

Seen The Darkest Hour. And it needs banning. Contains a upskirting incident with Churchill.
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Hermit wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:47 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:07 am
Hermit wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:47 am
pErvinalia wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:13 am
You can use google, can't you?
Yup. I pasted several strings into it. All links came back to the opening post of this thread.

Again: Link to the original that has been plagiarised?
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=A+group+of+Fl ... fab&ia=web

And that's actually a different quote and a different link to when I first did a search for plagiarism just after L'Emmy's post.
Yes, that's plagiarism alright. Somehow I never even noticed that post when I took samples from the OP.
I can honestly say, I never read, referenced or clicked on "duckduckgo.com" - and, I have never heard of it.

My only reference in the OP was Wikipedia, to be sure I got the plot line reasonably close, rather than try to recite it from memory. Not sure what the scandal is here. Looks like either Wikipedia copied duckduckgo.com, or vice versa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porky%27s

So, I started a search for the first line of the plot summary - and this website uses the same summary, and no attribution. http://movies.wikia.com/wiki/Porky%27s

Whatever, kids. Some of you are beyond ridiculous.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Wow, 4 pages and nobody's mentioned Blazing Saddles yet.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:02 pm

Except it was a mixture of spoof, parody, taboo breaking and deliberately border line offensive, not to mention slapstick so not sure if that counts!

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:21 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:27 pm
Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Yup. I pasted several strings into it. All links came back to the opening post of this thread.

And that's actually a different quote and a different link to when I first did a search for plagiarism just after L'Emmy's post.
Yes, that's plagiarism alright. Somehow I never even noticed that post when I took samples from the OP.
I can honestly say, I never read, referenced or clicked on "duckduckgo.com" - and, I have never heard of it.

My only reference in the OP was Wikipedia, to be sure I got the plot line reasonably close, rather than try to recite it from memory. Not sure what the scandal is here. Looks like either Wikipedia copied duckduckgo.com, or vice versa. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porky%27s

So, I started a search for the first line of the plot summary - and this website uses the same summary, and no attribution. http://movies.wikia.com/wiki/Porky%27s

OK. So, no plagiarism then (green). Except for the bits that are (bold black).
Forty Two wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:33 pm
A group of Florida high school students plan on losing their virginity. They go to Porky's, a nightclub out in the Everglades, believing that they can hire a prostitute to satisfy their sexual desires. The plot of the film centers around the high school boys getting their hooker-money stolen from them, and their efforts to take revenge on the pimp/brothel operator. No regard is given to the sex workers, and the focus in the movie is on Pee Wee, who is mocked for his small member, getting laid, and he finally does, with an adult prostitute.

In a subplot, the boys illegally peep on female high school students in their locker room shower. After several unsuccessful attempts, Tommy, Billy, and Pee Wee finally see several girls showering[/b], invading their privacy and subjecting them to the male gaze against their will. Pee Wee gives them away when he shouts at and fat shames a particularly plus-sized school girl (who has been blocking his view) to move so he can see. While a few girls run out, most stay, finding the situation funny. To test their attitude, Tommy sticks his tongue out through his peephole, but gets it smeared with soap. Infuriated, he drops his pants and sticks his penis through the opening just before female coach Beulah Balbricker (who has a running feud with Tommy) walks into the shower area. Spotting the protruding member, she sneaks up on Tommy, grabs his protruding part and pulls with all her might. Tommy manages to pull free and escape, but Beulah is now determined to prove that the offending member (which has a mole on it) belongs to Tommy, going so far as to request that Principal Carter hold a police-type line-up of the boys in the nude so she can identify it. However, Carter balks at such a request, and while the other basketball coaches laugh almost uncontrollably, Coach Brackett suggests getting the police involved. When this gets even Carter laughing, Balbricker leaves in a huff. The film ends with Ms. Balbricker sneaking out of the bushes to ambush Tommy and actually dragging his pants down, but she is pulled off him and dragged away.

A movie replete with statutory rape, assault, battery, destruction of property, breaking and entering, invasion of privacy, flashing of genitals, sexual harassment and the like, all involving school boys and girls. The message sent by this movie is one of male privilege and entitlement to women's bodies, etc.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:37 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:

Duckduckgo is a search engine. The link to it above is a link to the search results for the quoted text.

This isn't the first time you've been caught trying to pass off other's work as your own. There's nothing ridiculous about highlighting occasions when you are plagiarising. What is ridiculous is your repeated attempts to claim you aren't dishonest.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Pappa
Non-Practicing Anarchist
Non-Practicing Anarchist
About me: I am sacrificing a turnip as I type.

Post by Pappa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:14 pm

Rum wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:02 pm
Except it was a mixture of spoof, parody, taboo breaking and deliberately border line offensive, not to mention slapstick so not sure if that counts!
Fair point.
For information on ways to help support Rationalia financially, see our funding page.

When the aliens do come, everything we once thought was cool will then make us ashamed.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:00 am

Forty Two wrote:
Implying that some of us are not?

I consider this a gross insult to the members of this forum, and I demand you be suspended!
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:15 am

I am almost at ridiculous, but just not quite.

Must try harder...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:55 am

It's like the back of beyond..
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:01 am

JimC wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:15 am
I am almost at ridiculous, but just not quite.

Must try harder...
... to me, it is a fine art.
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:04 am

Mel Brooks; anything he ever did :prof:
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:00 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:37 pm
Forty Two wrote:
Hermit wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:
Hermit wrote:

Duckduckgo is a search engine. The link to it above is a link to the search results for the quoted text.

This isn't the first time you've been caught trying to pass off other's work as your own. There's nothing ridiculous about highlighting occasions when you are plagiarising. What is ridiculous is your repeated attempts to claim you aren't dishonest.
Whatever, dude. You're being ridiculous.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:15 pm

One of my favourite films - Walkabout with an utterly delectable naked Jenny Agata. She played a girl of about 15 in the film, though I think she was maybe 18 herself. Hard to imagine they'd do that today.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:00 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:37 pm
Forty Two wrote:

Whatever, dude. You're being ridiculous.
Pointing out plagiarism isn't ridiculous. Plagiarising, however, is pretty fucking dodgy, even by your standards.