All Things Trump

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: All Things Trump

Post by Forty Two » Thu May 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Seabass wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:04 pm
Terrifying.

Oh, my god - what an absurdity. "pro trump media" - and the first example was that Bill O'Reilly might be returning to "news max" -- lol. Where can one tune in to pro-Trump media? It's not CBS, NBC, ABC, CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, CNN Headline News, or any other mainstream news source - those sources are 98% negative to Trump, and refrain from dealing with any positive news. Maybe Fox News i there, but to say that some pro-Trump folks are getting contracts with media outlets like "Newsmax" is a wave of pro-Trump media is absurd. What a joke.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 18, 2018 12:06 am

Trump threatens to do a Gaddafi on lil' Kim's ass if he don't do right.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Fri May 18, 2018 12:10 am

Trump laid out both eventualities. He said that if Kim does a denuclearization deal, he will get protections, and economic incentives, and the US will pledge not to try to remove him from power. If, however, we don't get a denuclearization deal, then all bets are off.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Fri May 18, 2018 1:15 am

Torture Lady confirmed. Another Trump "accomplishment". Congrats to fans of torture. :td:

Senate Confirms Gina Haspel to Lead C.I.A. Despite Torture Concerns
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/17/us/p ... irmed.html
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri May 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Another Trump "accomplishment". Trying to damage a company because the owner owns a newspaper that criticizes him.

WaPo: Trump personally pushed postmaster general to double rates on Amazon, other firms
President Trump has personally pushed U.S. Postmaster General Megan Brennan to double the rate the Postal Service charges Amazon.com and other firms to ship packages, according to three people familiar with their conversations, a dramatic move that probably would cost these companies billions of dollars.

Brennan has so far resisted Trump’s demand, explaining in multiple conversations occurring this year and last that these arrangements are bound by contracts and must be reviewed by a regulatory commission, the three people said. She has told the president that the Amazon relationship is beneficial for the Postal Service and gave him a set of slides that showed the variety of companies, in addition to Amazon, that also partner for deliveries.

Despite these presentations, Trump has continued to level criticism at Amazon. And last month, his critiques culminated in the signing of an executive order mandating a government review of the financially strapped Postal Service that could lead to major changes in the way it charges Amazon and others for package delivery.
full article:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... story.html
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 18, 2018 8:34 pm

Trump accuses FBI of infiltrating his campaign. So what? Federal law enforcement works undercover all the time. It's not like it's illegal or anything.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Fri May 18, 2018 8:43 pm

:hehe:

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri May 18, 2018 9:14 pm

Surprise! His InfoWars style line of bullshit doesn't stand up to rational scrutiny.

'Trump’s New Russia Scandal Theory: The FBI Set Him Up. There’s One Small Flaw.'
There has been no more barometrically reliable insight into the Trump administration’s defense strategy on Russia than Wall Street Journal columnist Kimberley Strassel. Her weekly missives, essentially transcribed straight from the fevered mind of Devin Nunes, bring the readers up to date on every twist and turn in the developing conspiracy theories about the nefarious Deep State plot to frame the innocent president.

Strassel’s latest missive brings into view the latest working theory. It holds that James Comey planted a spy in the Trump campaign, in order to set in motion an investigation that would be used to smear Trump as a Russian tool, and thereby to hand the election to Hillary Clinton. This is the theory Trump is referring to when he rages about a plot that is “worse than Watergate.”

Put aside for a moment whether it is actually scandalous for the FBI to use an informant to uncover evidence of criminal conduct. The argument is that the clear purpose of this maneuver was to influence the 2016 election. Strassel writes that when Comey notified the National Security Council in spring 2016 that it was conducting a counterintelligence investigation into the Trump campaign, it “officially notified senior political operators on Team Obama that the bureau had eyes on Donald Trump and Russia. Imagine what might be done in these partisan times with such explosive information.”

This sounds like a genius plan: Plant a spy to launch an investigation, and then spring the “fatal October surprise.”

Except there’s one tiny flaw in this theory: They never sprang the October surprise. The FBI kept a tight lid on the investigation — so tight, in fact, they floated a misleading story in the New York Times conveying the false impression that they saw no ties to Russia. Clinton did help finance Christopher Steele’s investigation, but also did not publish his reporting. And the Obama administration also kept a tight lid on the disturbing details that emerged. The farthest Obama went was to ask leaders of both parties to join in a bipartisan statement warning Russia not to interfere with the election — and when Mitch McConnell refused, they did nothing. When voting took place in November 2016, as far as the public was concerned, Clinton had been under FBI investigation and Trump had not.

This alleged secret plan to smear Trump only works if you actually let people know about it. It’s kind of like the Doomsday Machine in Dr. Strangelove.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat May 19, 2018 1:29 pm

The Lord works in mysterious ways! Heartless narcissist Trump saves thousands of babies! Some are even white and will be future coal miners!
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... funds-mean
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat May 19, 2018 1:47 pm

L'Emmerdeur wrote:Surprise! His InfoWars style line of bullshit doesn't stand up to rational scrutiny. ...
It doesn't have to. It just has to keep his base agitated and angry.

Frank Zappa

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Sat May 19, 2018 3:10 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat May 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Another Trump "accomplishment": stupefying and creeping out Bill Gates.

Bill Gates Reveals What He And Trump Talked About, And It's Pretty Horrifying
http://www.iflscience.com/policy/trump- ... hpv-twice/
Two weeks ago Bill Gates revealed Donald Trump had offered him the position of the President's science advisor. Gates decided this wasn't “a good use of [his] time”. Now he's probably written off any chance of getting the offer again, revealing just how tough the job will be if Trump ever does fill the position. According to Gates, the President doesn't know the difference between HIV and HPV, asking Gates to explain it twice.

It's true there is only one letter difference in their acronyms, and both have a terrible toll, but these two diseases are not very similar. Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) causes AIDS, and has killed an estimated 37 million people worldwide. Human papillomavirus (HPV) comes in widespread strains, some of them largely harmless, but others highly carcinogenic. Almost all cervical cancers and an estimated 266,000 annual deaths are the results of HPV infections, and the virus also accounts for a substantial portion of anal, vaginal, and oropharyngeal cancers.

So these are certainly important diseases to understand, particularly if you are the President of the most powerful nation on Earth, ultimately responsible for the world's largest research budget. It is also worth noting that since the majority of people who need life-saving treatments for these viruses can't afford them, it's important that those allocating the US aid budget know the difference. Many critics of Trump's Republican predecessor George W Bush regard his work to fund the provision of anti-HIV drugs for Africa as the solitary redeeming feature of his presidency.

Don't count on a repetition this time though, after Chris Hayes of MSNBC broadcast footage of Gates speaking at a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation meeting.

Bill Gates says that in *both* meetings he had with Trump, Trump asked if HPV and HIV were the same thing. https://t.co/Py7fRwC6l0

— Chris Hayes (@chrislhayes) May 17, 2018
On the other hand, there was one area where Trump demonstrated his knowledge to Gates, notably the appearance of Gates' 22-year-old daughter Jennifer. Gates described as “scary” how much Trump seemed to have noticed the attractiveness of a woman less than a third his age.

Given Trump's boast that dodging STIs was “his personal Vietnam”, you'd think he might know a bit more about them.

Besides Trump's control over the purse strings, there is another way in which some knowledge of the topics would be helpful. Infection with the most dangerous strains of HPV can be prevented using the vaccines Gardasil and Cervarix, avoiding the formation of pre-cancerous lesions. However, widespread campaigns exaggerating the frequency and severity of Gardasil's side-effects, including a flawed study retracted just this week, have discouraged the take-up of these vaccines.

The President has the power to combat such myths, but Gates indicates he is instead under their influence, saying Trump was considering a commission on vaccine damage.

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sat May 19, 2018 10:27 pm

Seabass

Post by Seabass » Sun May 20, 2018 5:11 am

:funny: "That motherfucker in the White House."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/art ... ttesville/

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun May 20, 2018 9:50 am

Remember when Trump said he'd be replacing Obamacare with something better?

I remember.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.