All Things Trump

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: All Things Trump

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 15, 2018 6:17 pm

I've already been over that, and given many ideas. It's a success because pulling out of a bad deal is a success. One, the Iran deal was not really a "deal" in the sense of an actual treaty. It was an executive action on the part of President Obama without Senate ratification. So, it does not have the force of law as a ratified treaty would have.

Two, the deal was based on misrepresentations by Iran and no baseline declarations (and Iran misrepresented itself, declaring that it had no military nuclear program, but that was a lie, they did, in fact, have such a program), and three, Iran did not abide by its terms. One of the ways they've failed to abide by it is by stating they would not allow inspection of their nuclear research and military facilities. Iran has exceeded the allowable stockpile limits of heavy water. Iran has a shady interpretation of the deal that says they can produce as much heavy water as they want, as long as they are "seeking buyers" for their excess, so they just basically redlined the provision on heavy water out of the agreement. German intelligence (second only to Dutch intelligence in quality) reported that Iran continued seeking to purchase missile technology outside deal approved channels which was a violation. And, they've operated more advanced cetrifuges than allowed by the deal.

Four, 200 prominent generals and admirals opposed the Iran deal, and even Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) opposed it too.

Five, the agreement was supposed to moderate the Iranian government and cause it to put its resources and efforts in directions other than terrorism and such, and that absolutely did not happen.

It's a flawed deal, entered into under false and incomplete pretenses, and which Iran has technically violated.

There are plenty of folks on both sides of the US political aisle who think this is a bad deal. It would not have passed the US Senate.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue May 15, 2018 6:20 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:30 pm
Chuck Schumer is a lefty?
In the sense of "left of center" yes. He's not a "leftist" in the sense of the extreme, far left.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 15, 2018 7:16 pm

Trump's pick for CDC believed AIDS was God's punishment for homosexuals.

https://www.themaven.net/theintellectua ... ayBGh1KzQ/

Next up; Kate and Gerry McCann in charge of Child Welfare.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Trump administration praises Israel over the Gaza fence shootings while other Western nations roundly condemn it and the UN holds a minutes silence for the 60 dead and hundreds of wounded.

US blocks United Nations call for independent probe into Gaza deaths.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Joe

Post by Joe » Tue May 15, 2018 8:28 pm

You might say the "optics" are bad, juxtaposing Ivanka's Vanna White impersonation with Palestinian protesters being gunned down.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Trump is to blame for this.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 15, 2018 9:17 pm

I think you'll find it's all Hillary's fault coz she was shit at email and married to a sex offender.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Tue May 15, 2018 9:54 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:17 pm
I think you'll find it's all Hillary's fault coz she was shit at email and married to a sex offender.
She also sold uranium to Ernst Stavro Blofeld.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 15, 2018 10:03 pm

This stupidity wouldn't happen under Hilary. Let's be honest here.
Trump has real blood on his hands now. He's crossed a line he won't come back from.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue May 15, 2018 10:53 pm

Animavore wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:03 pm
Trump has real blood on his hands now. He's crossed a line he won't come back from.
His supporters won't give a shit about dead Palestinians. This will not alter his support levels in the IS, which will remain as polarised as ever.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue May 15, 2018 11:10 pm

JimC wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:53 pm
Animavore wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 10:03 pm
His supporters won't give a shit about dead Palestinians. This will not alter his support levels in the IS, which will remain as polarised as ever.
I'm not talking about his morally bankrupt supporters.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed May 16, 2018 12:26 am

Your phrase "crossed a line he won't come back from" implies political failure; all I meant is that this might not be the case...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed May 16, 2018 12:43 am

JimC wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:26 am
Your phrase "crossed a line he won't come back from" implies political failure; all I meant is that this might not be the case...
No. I was speaking about a moral line. He's gone to the dark side, as they say. It's his Night of the Long Knives moment.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed May 16, 2018 12:51 am

Forty Two wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:20 pm
pErvinalia wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:30 pm
Chuck Schumer is a lefty?
In the sense of "left of center" yes. He's not a "leftist" in the sense of the extreme, far left.
Left of the US center...
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed May 16, 2018 1:30 am

Good article on why Trump supporters accept his litany of lies.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/28/o ... 0wodK6MBgw

Extends to people in general on their chosen political strain.