"Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Joe

Re: "Alt-right" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by Joe » Fri May 11, 2018 2:11 pm

Seabass wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 1:03 am
Rick Santorum is basically a liberal.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Wisdom requires a flexible mind." - Dan Carlin
"If you vote for idiots, idiots will run the country." - Dr. Kori Schake

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri May 11, 2018 2:20 pm

I supposed so when compared to Genghis Khan or Attila the Hun.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri May 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Animavore wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 9:55 am
Another great article on Peterson.

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2018/03/ ... we-deserve

:lol:
I agree. If you take the time to parse Peterson's bafflegab, he's not saying anything particularly profound or novel, and he often couches what are essentially political opinions in terms that lead the unwary to think they're something more substantial. Those who share his opinions cite him as if he's some sort of authority when in reality political opinions are a dime a dozen and Peterson's deserve no special consideration.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri May 11, 2018 5:33 pm

A waffler?
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri May 11, 2018 9:25 pm

It's a shame Hitchens isn't around any more to shake him off his pedestal.

Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Sean Hayden
Microagressor
About me: recovering humanist

Post by Sean Hayden » Fri May 11, 2018 9:39 pm

I find myself thinking that all the time. I was thinking about Hitchens when I wished aloud about having someone capable of capturing this whole Trump thing in writing.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat May 12, 2018 1:21 am

Hitchens turned right wing. He probably would have supported both the cunts.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Sat May 12, 2018 7:46 am

He was to the right on some things and to the left on others, down the middle on yet other things and, occasionally, just completely off the wall. But he challenged the prevailing view and made you think. There seem precious little of that about at the moment...

:smoke:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 15, 2018 4:15 pm

How rightwing groups wield secret 'toolkit' to plot against US unions

Internal documents obtained by the Guardian reveal a nationwide drive to persuade union members to quit and stop paying dues

Rightwing activists are launching a nationwide drive to persuade public-sector trade union members to tear up their membership cards and stop paying dues, posing a direct threat to the progressive movement in America.

Documents obtained by the Guardian reveal that a network of radical conservative thinktanks spanning all 50 states is planning direct marketing campaigns targeted personally at union members to encourage them to quit. The secret push, the group hopes, could cost unions up to a fifth of their 7 million members, lead to the loss of millions of dollars in income and undermine a cornerstone of US progressive politics.

“Well run opt-out campaigns can cause public-sector unions to experience 5 to 20% declines in membership, costing hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars in dues money. This can affect the resources and attention available for union leaders to devote to political action campaigns,” the internal documents say.

The anti-union marketing drive is the brainchild of the State Policy Network (SPN), a coast-to-coast alliance of 66 rightwing thinktanks that has an $80m war chest to promote Donald Trump-friendly regressive policies such as low taxes and small government. The group is funded by such billionaire conservative donors as the Koch brothers and the Walton Family Foundation that stems from the Walmart fortune.
Sign up for Guardian Today US edition: the day's must-reads sent directly to you
Read more

Previous SPN literature exposed by the Guardian has revealed the political motives behind the network’s attacks on unions. It aims to “defund and defang” public sector unions as a means to “reverse the failed policies of the American left”.

The goal, the group said, was “permanently depriving the left from access to millions of dollars in dues extracted from unwilling union members every election cycle”.

The Guardian has now obtained what SPN is calling a “toolkit” of advice to its followers on how to go about fomenting “union reform” – a euphemism for draining unions of members and cash. The “toolkit” sets out four “tactics” for depleting their power – “effective union reform”, in its language...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... nst-unions
:coffee:

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue May 15, 2018 9:00 pm

And I bet corporate Amerika is cheering them on from the sidelines, as well as probably probably helping financially.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm

That's a bit cynical Jim, coz we know there's good people on both sides.

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue May 15, 2018 9:39 pm

:hehe:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed May 16, 2018 12:50 am

Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu May 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Maybe someday it will be possible for a neo-Nazi to openly run a coffee shop in Thunder Bay, Canada. For now though, wretched anti-fa sympathizers are thwarting one man's dream of a proudly racist coffee company.

'Podcaster Who Started a Neo-Nazi Coffee Company to Fund White Nationalism'
In the spring of 2017, Thomas White had an idea: What if he combined his love of gourmet coffee with his staunch belief in a white ethnostate?

In caffeinated circles, White was already well-known. Espresso Joya, which he opened in 2015, was a fixture of Thunder Bay, Ontario’s small but vibrant arts scene. The walls of the coffee shop, located in the town’s trendy Waterfront District, served as a revolving gallery for local artists. Joya’s small stage regularly hosted a mostly-acoustic plethora of singer-songwriters, and its shelves were stocked with local food and goods.

The quality of Joya’s espresso, hyped by locals and out of town Yelp users alike, completed this artsy smorgasbord. “It’s all about doing really exceptional quality in terms of the quality and the product as well as providing a really nice space for local artists,” White said in a short 2017 documentary on Thunder Bay’s coffee scene. An accredited teacher, he taught drawing art at the local arts centre and was a volunteer firefighter.

Online, White was the antithesis of this very earnest coffee shop owner. For the last six months, under the alias “League of the North,” White has co-hosted “This Hour Has 88 Minutes,” the most popular white supremacist podcast in the country.

The podcast’s title, a riff on the CBC comedy show with a nod to 88, or the numerical representation of “Heil Hitler,” speaks to the show’s format and ethos: a white nationalist take on the news replete with racial epithets, misogyny, and conspiracy theories, coupled with Holocaust denials and the occasional veiled call for violence. And White wanted to get his coffee into the hands of 88 Minutes listeners, as well as anyone else with pride in their white skin.

Key to organizing the Ontario neo-Nazi community was fundraising—and White saw opportunity in coffee. He loved the stuff, but clearly didn’t like the progressive aesthetic of coffee shop culture, nor its typically left-wing consumers—“shitlib normies,” as he described them online.

The solution: Rising Sun Coffee Company, an online coffee emporium dedicated to both quality beans and the protection of the white race. Five percent of all sales would go to the buyer’s white nationalist charity of choice. “Creating a new economy for the future of our people,” read the tagline emblazoned on a picture of an all-white tiki torch-carrying brigade from the Charlottesville riots last year.

On May 25, 2017, White took to The Right Stuff to announce the birth of Rising Sun Coffee. “While most of us love the delicious taste of coffee and the fascinating and aesthetically-pleasing gear that is used to produce it, we are often forced to deal with normies and hipster faggots when acquiring that sweet caffeinated goodness,” he wrote.

The company logo featured the sonnerad, the mystical symbol first appropriated by the Nazis and more recently by the alt-right. $14.88 bought you a pound of either Erika Medium or Hindenburg Dark Roast.

Espresso Joya closed last July. Shortly thereafter, White attempted to turn the shop’s Facebook page into a place for political discussion—”a real Conservative voice in this city,” as he put it. He wanted to call it “It’s Okay To Be Thomas White,” but claimed Facebook prevented him from doing so.

So White retreated back into the world of white nationalism and refocused his efforts on the 88 Minutes podcast, the League of the North fraternity and Rising Sun Coffee. None of the ventures have been particularly successful. 88 Minutes has gone dark. The League of the North page no longer exists outside the Internet Archive.

Rising Sun, meanwhile, delivered its last bag in early 2018, despite White’s own pleas to fellow neo-Nazis to buy his coffee. “It’s just a glitch and will be back up today,” White wrote on The Right Stuff on March 10, shortly after the Rising Sun Coffee site went down. It remains offline to this day.

Woodbutcher
Stray Cat
Stray Cat
About me: Still crazy after all these years.

Post by Woodbutcher » Fri May 18, 2018 12:11 am

I didn't even know about him and his business, and I live 20 km away...
If women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.-Red Green
"Yo". Rocky
"Never been worried about what other people see when they look at me". Gawdzilla
"No friends currently defined." Friends & Foes.