Movies of the good kind we have looked upon.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Movies of the good kind we have looked upon.

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:43 am

When is this insanity going to stop? I just watched the previous two (if my understanding is correct) on tele the last two nights. Avengers: Ultron introduced Paul Bettany's purple guy character and the Maxim twins. And then Cap'n Merka: Civil War gave Thor and the Hulk a rest but introduced fucking spiderman (who was funny at least :) ), some tiny dude that I'd never heard of before, and the Black Panther. And fucking Bucky came back for about the 78th time. I want them to take this to even more ridiculous levels. I want the whole fucking X-Men cadre and every Avengery type character all in one fucking giant destructive movie. It can go for 4 hours and they can basically blow up 98% of the extant things on the planet (and a couple of other planets too).
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:08 am

I have my doubts about this latest one - though I am a big fan of the whole Marvel 'universe' having grown up on the comics. Anyway having been persuaded by a review to treat it like a roller coaster ride we are going to go to the nearest IMAX (about 70 miles away near Newcastle) next weekend to get our socks blown off. Will go by train and pop into IKEA while we are over there.

The Metro Centre - heaven or hell - depending on how you like this sort of thing. The train leaves from about a mile from here and arrives at that bridge on the right of the picture...
metrocentre.jpg

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:16 am

I find these mass character movies really annoying. Chucking a couple of popular characters together is good, but you get diminishing returns and increasing ridiculousness as you add more. What amazes me is how they can afford to pay so many top level actors to appear in the one movie.

Notwithstanding my general annoyance, I did find The Age of Ultron to be really good. I think the humour probably brought it over the line for me, and the fact that the number of characters seems reasonable compared to how the movies are going now. Without it, it would just be another ridiculous movie with lots of shit getting smashed up by a bunch of characters that the movie could have done without..
Last edited by pErvinalia on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:19 am

That is pure hell which we dont have here thank goodness. :ab: :ab: :ab: :ab:
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:48 am

Well you don't have the room do you? Even your motorways have big screens in places to shield the residential areas from them.

I'm not a fan of the Metro Centre and its ilk but at least we have the option of going there. Prior to it being built that whole area was slowly decaying abandoned steel and heavy industry plants - as was so much of the North East. I think I know which I prefer.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:49 am

Where's the dykes?

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:01 am

Rum wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:48 am
Well you don't have the room do you? Even your motorways have big screens in places to shield the residential areas from them.

I'm not a fan of the Metro Centre and its ilk but at least we have the option of going there. Prior to it being built that whole area was slowly decaying abandoned steel and heavy industry plants - as was so much of the North East. I think I know which I prefer.
They are noise screens. Some thing you seldom see in the UK. There is a simple rule here; everyone is entitled to have a noise level of 65 dB in their homes. Out of town shopping centres were banned. We dont want dead town centres. Any way the Dutch dont like them (there have been many surveys). I find them hideous and filthy dumps. Never mind all the journeys they generate; great for the environment.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:04 am

I actually agree with Scot here. While those sorts of places do have a convenience (and usually cheaper prices), they are horrid looking, they destroy diversity, and the environment effect is a good point (hadn't considered that before).

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:08 am

I used to love Marvel comics. I'm not a big one for films of any kind, but I have enjoyed the odd Marvel movie. Perhaps I should see more...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:09 am

We have a outlet centre in Flevoland (one of the IJsselmeer polders) but it has almost collapsed because of the environmental restrictions imposed upon it eg. parking spaces and road access.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:11 am

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:09 am
.. in Flevoland (one of the IJsselmeer polders)..
Did you wipe the phlegm off your screen after saying that? :tea:

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:18 am

pErvinalia wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:11 am
Scot Dutchy wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:09 am
.. in Flevoland (one of the IJsselmeer polders)..
Did you wipe the phlegm off your screen after saying that? :tea:
All very straight forward. I know seeing the 'ij' written that way. It is pronounced more like a Scots 'aye'. In Dutch it called the long 'y'. You have a short one; 'ei'. Which is pronounce as 'ay'.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:25 am

Infinity War is better than both Age of Ultron and Civil War but not as good as the first Avengers movie.

The movie introduces no one new if you've seen the others. Must watches for this one are Dr. Strange. Thor: Ragnarok. Black Panther. Civil War. And Guardians of the Galaxy. Spider--Man: Homecoming helps, but not necessary.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:47 am

Sorry definitely not my :tea:

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:49 am

Yeah. Sounds like they've jacked the ridiculousness level up to 11. Dr Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy now too? Why isn't the X-Men in there to make it totally ridiculous? I assume that will be coming in a later iteration... :/