Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Enjoy President Trump, Courtesy of The Kremlin

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:Bannon has reportedly been summoned by Mueller to go before the grand jury. Check your favourite news outlet for details.
Good! Any idea what for?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:What? I think I must have read that wrong. The administration has the power to instruct Congress in this regard?
The administration didn't instruct Congress about anything.

The allegation is that the administration told Bannon not to answer certain kinds of questions.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Tero wrote:First question: have you seen the pee pee tapes?
http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/17/politics/ ... index.html

Washington (CNN)Steve Bannon has struck a deal with special counsel Robert Mueller's team and will be interviewed by prosecutors instead of testifying before the grand jury, two people familiar with the process told CNN. He is expected to cooperate with the special counsel, the sources said.

The sources did not say when the interview will take place or if the subpoena would be withdrawn.
Bannon, the former White House chief strategist for President Donald Trump, is expected to talk openly to Mueller's team. Bannon's attorney told the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday that Bannon would answer questions when he goes to the special counsel because executive privilege would not apply, according to one of the sources.
"Bannon's attorney told the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday that Bannon would answer questions when he goes to the special counsel because executive privilege would not apply, according to one of the sources." So, a source (unnamed) says that Bannon's attorney told the House Intelligence Committee that the executive privilege would not apply. What's the good reason for not disclosing the name of the source? Oddly worded sentence, making it seem like Bannon's attorney told the CNN reporter something, but then ending it with "according to one of the sources." Slippery, CNN. Slippery.

Here is CNN wording the sentence "Steve Bannon disagreed with what Wolfe wrote about him in Fire and Fury," --- CNN reports, "One reason Mueller may have issued a subpoena is that Bannon publicly changed his story when he issued a statement on the book's contents, walking back some of what was reported, a source told CNN." What's the change in story? He publicly said that he did not say what Wolfe reported in the book. LOL. So, now when someone misquotes you or exaggerates, CNN says you changed your story publicly.

"The source familiar with the process with Bannon said Mueller's team may have been seeking to send a message that he needs to be truthful about what happened." -- why do we think that? Who is the source? What possible need for confidentiality is there here? A "source familiar with the process" -- not a source familiar with this particular investigation or Mueller's motivation. This is a "source familiar with the process" - the general way these things work. So, somebody the reporter won't name, who knows how Congressional investigation process works, thinks Mueller's team may have wanted to send a message that Bannon needs to be truthful. So, they've managed to -- with no basis whatsoever - implicitly report that Bannon has not been truthful, and pretend that they have a source with inside info as to the motivation of the Mueller team.

The article says nothing. Means nothing. Reports nothing. It's garbage. CNN.

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:26 pm

So Trump and Bannon are liars and nothing they say has any real meaning

Believe me!

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:28 pm

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:56 pm

It’s when the lies outnumber facts that all becomes meaningless. We only can follow what he signs. Those are done deals.

But he sides with the bigger player. Corporations.

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Example:
“The King of Shithole is a good friend of mine.” Forget the peasants of Shithole.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:Bannon has reportedly been summoned by Mueller to go before the grand jury. Check your favourite news outlet for details.
Good! Any idea what for?
Who knows, right? It's probably got absolutely nothing to do with possible collusion between Trump campaign and Russia..
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:50 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Good! Any idea what for?
To answer question pertaining to the investigation perhaps?
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:56 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:What? I think I must have read that wrong. The administration has the power to instruct Congress in this regard?
The administration didn't instruct Congress about anything.

The allegation is that the administration told Bannon not to answer certain kinds of questions.
I read the article as saying that congressional inquiries into the administration must ask the administration for permission to interview members of the administration. In that regards the administration can intruct the inquiry as to who they can interview. Could be wrong though.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:11 am

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote: It was only you positing that Trump was responsible for Russian interfernce. The question is, being as everybody knew that the Russians have been interfering with US elections for 50 years, did the Trump campaign utilise or rely on it as a political resource?
I've never posited that Trump was responsible for Russian interference.
Hmm.

Forty Two wrote:Well, yeah, because just because their is Russian interference doesn't mean it's Trump's fault or anyone else's fault.
That's the whole Russiagate allegation - blaming Trump for Russia putting out propaganda and implying that Trump was in cahoots with the Russkies in relation to the hacking of emails.
You wish :tea:
This is a new phrase - "utilise or rely on it [Russia] as a political resource." What might Trump have done that would fall within that blurb, and also be illegal or unethical or immoral?
I think you'll find that this is currently being investigated by multiple authorities, but I presume from your wiggle that you see nothing untoward about another country offering material support to any domestic US presidential campaign, or in a campaign accepting such support?

Standing by for, "But the Democrats/Hillary... "....

Frank Zappa

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 am

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote: It was only you positing that Trump was responsible for Russian interfernce. The question is, being as everybody knew that the Russians have been interfering with US elections for 50 years, did the Trump campaign utilise or rely on it as a political resource?
I've never posited that Trump was responsible for Russian interference.
Hmm.

Forty Two wrote:Well, yeah, because just because their is Russian interference doesn't mean it's Trump's fault or anyone else's fault.
That's the whole Russiagate allegation - blaming Trump for Russia putting out propaganda and implying that Trump was in cahoots with the Russkies in relation to the hacking of emails.
You wish :tea:
This is a new phrase - "utilise or rely on it [Russia] as a political resource." What might Trump have done that would fall within that blurb, and also be illegal or unethical or immoral?
I think you'll find that this is currently being investigated

I think you'll find it is the Republican, sorry apolitical, sorry Democrat FBI that is investigating it.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:56 am

Forty Two wrote:Here is CNN wording the sentence "Steve Bannon disagreed with what Wolfe wrote about him in Fire and Fury," --- CNN reports, "One reason Mueller may have issued a subpoena is that Bannon publicly changed his story when he issued a statement on the book's contents, walking back some of what was reported, a source told CNN." What's the change in story? He publicly said that he did not say what Wolfe reported in the book. LOL. So, now when someone misquotes you or exaggerates, CNN says you changed your story publicly.
I'm unaware of Steve Bannon claiming that any statements attributed to him in Wolfe's book are inaccurate or that he's ever 'publicly said that he did not say what Wolfe reported in the book.' Can you cite a source for that? The one thing that I know he has said is that his characterization of the Trump Tower meeting with the Russian lawyer who promised 'dirt' on Clinton as 'treasonous' was aimed at Manafort, not Trump Jr. He also claimed in his testimony that his statement was 'hyperbole,' but again, I haven't seen any reports that he testified that he was misquoted.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:38 pm

Tero wrote:It’s when the lies outnumber facts that all becomes meaningless. We only can follow what he signs. Those are done deals.

But he sides with the bigger player. Corporations.
That's why when the press posts bullshit, like the article I discussed a couple posts above, we have to discard it. They're obvious propaganda pieces.

Sure, Trump is pro-business. He said that as part of his campaign platform. Good. Businesses hire people. Businesses produce, buy and sell, and that's where our GDP comes from, and that's where revenue comes from,and the more revenue, the more taxes, and the more taxes, the more we can do with government programs, etc. Where do you think the government treasury comes from? Poor people?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:43 pm

pErvinalia wrote:
Forty Two wrote:
Good! Any idea what for?
Who knows, right? It's probably got absolutely nothing to do with possible collusion between Trump campaign and Russia..
It might. Or, like with Manafort, it could have to do with money laundering activities in the Ukraine in 2014. Or, like Flynn, it would be about putting "pressure" on the administration or on other witnesses to "cooperate" with the investigation. Or, it could be about "possible collusion" lol. After all, there was a meeting between some Russian lawyer and Trump Jr, and a couple other people, where the Russian lawyer reportedly had dirt on Hillary Clinton, but that report turned out to be wrong, and no such dirt was actually obtained. I mean, there's nothing illegal about the meeting ,and there'd be nothing illegal about getting dirt on Hillary Clinton, even from Russians, but hey, it's about "possible collusion."

But, I digress. Good. Subpoena Bannon, and call him before Congress and the Mueller team. I'm all for it. I'll get my popcorn out and watch it on C-SPAN.

One day, I suspect you'll admit this is a farce. But until that day, let the investigation proceed and yield its fruit.