Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing OK

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Donald is here to stay, now what? Cursing and swearing O

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:23 pm

“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Capitalism! Win win! If you build a 30-foot wall," the comedian John Oliver has said, "all it's going to do is create a market for 31-foot ladders.
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:23 pm

He would be better if he built a 10 metre wall. He would not believe it is the same.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Shithole place to move to. Only good for Mexicans climbing wall.
Tero wrote:America not taking care of people, showing up in health cost:
In fact, it's possible to see America's astronomical health costs as a bill coming due from our reluctance to pay for everything else. "We spend so much on health care because we're mopping up for our lack of investment in education, housing and other areas," says Corey Rhyan, an analyst at the Center for Sustainable Health Spending at health care think tank Altarum.
https://www.politico.com/agenda/story/2 ... 3?lo=ap_a1

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:04 pm

more shithole USA
TRUMP'S AMERICA IS A SHITHOLE COUNTRY
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-america-s ... try-780888

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Trump has shithole problems but this OK because Hillary had people killed:
https://shareblue.com/this-is-not-fox-j ... d-someone/

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:37 pm

Tero wrote:Capitalism! Win win! If you build a 30-foot wall," the comedian John Oliver has said, "all it's going to do is create a market for 31-foot ladders.
I didn't hear much bitching about it in 1994, when Bill Clinton was in favor of it and began massive construction of the border walls.

96.6% of border apprehensions (foreign nationals who are caught being in the U.S. illegally) by the Border Patrol in 2010 occurred at the southwest border. Source: Department of Homeland Security: "Apprehensions by the U.S. Border Patrol: 2005-2010" As of January 2010 (during Obama's first term), the fence project had been completed from San Diego, California to Yuma, Arizona.[dubious – discuss] From there it continued into Texas and consisted of a fence that was 21 feet (6.4 m) tall and 6 feet (1.8 m) deep in the ground, cemented in a 3-foot (0.91 m)-wide trench with 5,000 psi (345 bar; 352 kg/cm²) concrete.

When I see pundits and John Oliver-types criticizing the Mexico-Guatemala barrier, the Bulgaria-Turkey, etc., I'll take them seriously. Let's hear their scathing reviews of things like the Calais border barrier around the Channel Tunnel should be torn down.
The Calais border barrier is an international border barrier under construction jointly by France and the United Kingdom designed to prevent illegal migrants from gaining access to the Channel Tunnel and from the port of Calais as a means of illegal entry to Britain. Construction, funded by Britain, began in September 2016. It aims, in particular, to prevent migrants from entering Britain by stowing away on trucks and ferry boats. The wall will cut the large migrant encampment known as the Calais Jungle off from access to the port and tunnel entrance
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calais_border_barrier

Those immigrants just want to get to Britain for a better life, and like John Oliver says that a wall just creates a market for taller ladders. So, I'll be holding my breath for his outraged shoulder-shrugging exasperated rant about how awful that barrier is too...

There's a barrier gone up between Greece and Turkey, primarily designed to keep African and Asian immigrants out of Europe. Tens of thousands have crossed there - not the hundreds of thousands who have crossed the US Mexico border, but of course, it's Europe, so I'm sure there is a very good, reasonable and just reason for having a border wall there between Greece and Turkey as well as Bulgaria and Turkey.

And, of course, there's Hungary's border walls with Croatia and Serbia, all designed to keep good, honest people (just looking to take care of their families and have a better life) from entering Hungary's territory and in a larger sense the EU.

:smoke:
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Tero wrote:Trump has shithole problems but this OK because Hillary had people killed:
https://shareblue.com/this-is-not-fox-j ... d-someone/
We're relying on Dick Durbin for the accuracy of the shithole comment? LOL. I'll pass.

It's a ridiculous manufactured scandal. Even if he said it, so what? Most of them are shitholes. The Clintons help make Haiti extra-shitty, by the way.

And, if the countries aren't shitholes, then why the argument from your side that the people there are escaping starvation, oppression, persecution and other reasons for affording them asylum and refugee status?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Well, I’ll give one shithole: El Salvador. Ask your asshole-in-chief to solve that problem. Some 200 000 are here.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Tero wrote:more shithole USA
TRUMP'S AMERICA IS A SHITHOLE COUNTRY
http://www.newsweek.com/trump-america-s ... try-780888
Just by way of clarification, since all those bullshit allegations would have been just as "true" a year and two years ago, since she's going by figures that are years old (most recent data available), was it a shithole then? Or, it wasn't a shithole before Trump?

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Tero wrote:Well, I’ll give one shithole: El Salvador. Ask your asshole-in-chief to solve that problem. Some 200 000 are here.
That's a problem for you? Why? What's the problem?

Let's first agree on what the problem is, and then we can suggest solutions. So, what do you think is the problem that 200,000 people from the most excellent country of El Salvador are here in the US?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:Capitalism! Win win! If you build a 30-foot wall," the comedian John Oliver has said, "all it's going to do is create a market for 31-foot ladders.
I didn't hear much bitching about it in 1994, when Bill Clinton was in favor of it and began massive construction of the border walls.

96.6% of border apprehensions (foreign nationals who are caught being in the U.S. illegally) by the Border Patrol in 2010 occurred at the southwest border. Source: Department of Homeland Security: "Apprehensions by the U.S. Border Patrol: 2005-2010" As of January 2010 (during Obama's first term), the fence project had been completed from San Diego, California to Yuma, Arizona.[dubious – discuss] From there it continued into Texas and consisted of a fence that was 21 feet (6.4 m) tall and 6 feet (1.8 m) deep in the ground, cemented in a 3-foot (0.91 m)-wide trench with 5,000 psi (345 bar; 352 kg/cm²) concrete.
Yeah, but they're massaged and manipulated Obama figures, therefore #FAKESTATS.
When I see pundits and John Oliver-types criticizing the Mexico-Guatemala barrier, the Bulgaria-Turkey, etc., I'll take them seriously. Let's hear their scathing reviews of things like the Calais border barrier around the Channel Tunnel should be torn down. ... ... ...
Oi, look over there - a badger playing the bagpipes!

:smoke:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:03 pm

Forty Two wrote:
Tero wrote:Well, I’ll give one shithole: El Salvador. Ask your asshole-in-chief to solve that problem. Some 200 000 are here.
That's a problem for you? Why? What's the problem?

Let's first agree on what the problem is, and then we can suggest solutions. So, what do you think is the problem that 200,000 people from the most excellent country of El Salvador are here in the US?
The problem is not the shithole. The problem is we took them here. They have to go somewhere. Your problem, your president. Time to shuffle shitholes?

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:36 pm

it's a Republican problem, other than a brief Carter involvement. Trump inherits it from Reagan, not Obama:
The full-fledged civil war lasted for more than 12 years and saw extreme violence from both sides. It also included the deliberate terrorizing and targeting of civilians by death squads, recruitment of child soldiers and other violations of human rights, mostly by the military.[23] An unknown number of people disappeared during the conflict, and the UN reports that more than 75,000 were killed.[24] The United States contributed to the conflict by providing large amounts of military aid to the government of El Salvador during the Carter[25] and Reagan administrations. The Salvadoran government was considered "friendly" by the U.S. in the context of the Cold War.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Trump happily retweets a video edited in a blatantly dishonest way by the notorious fruitloop shitbag Posobiec:

"Donald Trump retweets far-right conspiracy theorist Jack Posobiec who took 'rape Melania' sign to rally"
Donald Trump has shared a tweet by a notorious far right conspiracy theorist who gained headlines for taking a “rape Melania” sign to a rally.

The US president retweeted a post by Jack Posobiec - a figure linked to the so-called “alt right” movement who is famed for promoting wholly erroneous and debunked conspiracy theories.

Mr Posobiec is best known for the Pizzagate conspiracy theory which falsely alleged a Washington pizzeria was the home of a child sex abuse ring that included people such as Hilary Clinton and her then campaign chief John Podesta. The baseless and spurious theory led to a man firing a gun at the pizza joint in 2016.

“Dick Durbin called Trump racist for wanting to end chain migration. Here's a video of Dick Durbin calling for an end to chain migration,” Mr Posobiec said in the tweet that Mr Trump then chose to share.

The tweet claimed it linked to a video of Mr Durbin calling for an end to chain migration but the video actually showed the Democrat commenting that the DREAM act being extended would not result in “chain migration” - a term that refers to family immigration.

The section of the clip cut by Mr Posobiec shows Mr Durbin reading a description of the DREAM Act and its affect on family migration.
The actual video from which Posobiec clipped 12 seconds shows that the edit was deceptive and that Posobiec's description is simply a lie.