Democrats...let's move on

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Re: Democrats...let's move on

Post by Forty Two » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:08 am

Sean Hayden wrote:You're stronger than me Tero. Trump becoming president was it for me. It just confirmed what I'd always suspected. It's all bullshit, top to fucking bottom bullshit.
That's odd, because it actually gave me hope. Trump is not an insider. He was not elected because he had the support of the establishment. He was elected despite the rabid opposition of everyone who is or leans Democrat, and even despite the vehement opposition of the establishment of the Republican Party. A guy got elected whose own party had a faction called "Never Trump" which was dedicated to torpedo-ing his campaign. Throughout the election, the media was aligned against him, and was adamantly in favor of his opponent. He and his opponent were both investigated by the FBI during the election, as we have learned, those investigating both candidates favored Clinton and opposed Trump. He won despite the opposition of almost all prominent celebrities, pundits, academics, and other notables.

Throughout the election, nearly every poll had him badly losing to Clinton. Every prediction service had him losing and giving him no chance to win.

Yet, he won.

Fabulous.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:25 am

What an inspiring story, Forty Two. I'm sure NSDAP voters felt the same way when Hitler became Führer in '34.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:42 am

Forty Two wrote:
Sean Hayden wrote:You're stronger than me Tero. Trump becoming president was it for me. It just confirmed what I'd always suspected. It's all bullshit, top to fucking bottom bullshit.
That's odd, because it actually gave me hope.
Wait, you think seabass's view is "odd"?? :funny:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:55 am

Forty Two wrote:...
Trump is not an insider. He was not elected because he had the support of the establishment. He was elected despite the rabid opposition of everyone who is or leans Democrat, and even despite the vehement opposition of the establishment of the Republican Party. A guy got elected whose own party had a faction called "Never Trump" which was dedicated to torpedo-ing his campaign. Throughout the election, the media was aligned against him, and was adamantly in favor of his opponent. He and his opponent were both investigated by the FBI during the election, as we have learned, those investigating both candidates favored Clinton and opposed Trump. He won despite the opposition of almost all prominent celebrities, pundits, academics, and other notables.
... and even when the majority of citizens voted for another candidate he still won. This truly is what will make America great again: when somebody nobody really wants can get elected as President.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:09 am

He won because of a corrupt system.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 am

Brian Peacock wrote:... and even when the majority of citizens voted for another candidate he still won. This truly is what will make America great again: when somebody nobody really wants can get elected as President.
Will? The US is great precisely because it is not a democracy. The establishment of the Electoral College makes sure that it isn't, and that is how the Greatness of the Nation is supposed to work right from the very start, damnit.

Fucking hell, you people are unbelievably dense!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Hermit wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:... and even when the majority of citizens voted for another candidate he still won. This truly is what will make America great again: when somebody nobody really wants can get elected as President.
Will? The US is great precisely because it is not a democracy. The establishment of the Electoral College makes sure that it isn't, and that is how the Greatness of the Nation is supposed to work right from the very start, damnit.

NO MOB RULE

We are a Constitutional Republic. E pluribus unum :prof:
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:12 pm

"An appeal to the constitution is the last refuge of the scoundrel." -- Ben Franklin.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:04 pm

Tyrannical wrote:
Hermit wrote:

NO MOB RULE

We are a Constitutional Republic. E pluribus unum :prof:
Democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time. - Winston Churchill

And you ain't got it. What you have is an oligarchy. Worse still, right now your oligarchy is of the kakistocratic variety. FFS, have a look at the last three candidates for appointments as federal judges. Here's one of them being asked some questions regarding his professional experience and knowledge:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:39 am

“You in the white working-class are the reason the Democratic Party took another step toward reclaiming government for all Americans. Caucasians, we will not forget you.” The ad went on to salute white working-class males as the most unsung heroes of all.

https://politics.theonion.com/dnc-takes ... 1821263652
https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:38 pm

Despite all history with Obama and Hillary...well, her message was "not Trump", Democrats fail to send clear message in primary. Need to get much more pointed and offend the basket of deplorables if necessary, for November:
The reason why this is happening is because Democrats lack an agenda. The party, deeply split between its progressive and moderate wings, is divided on both message and tactics. This puts the party at risk not only at the ballot box, but in Republican-controlled state legislatures and governor’s offices throughout the country, with redistricting occurring after the 2020 census.

To be sure, the Democrats’ losses in 2010 doomed their chances this past decade. Republican majorities throughout the country continue to benefit President Trump as he prepares for 2020, when he has said he will run for re-election.

The lack of consensus between the two factions of the Democratic Party is clear, unambiguous and startling.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/06/ ... ember.html

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:06 am

Er what? An actual politician saying something of substance?
But of course IT too is about Trump
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... epublicans

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:16 am

1865:

The Civil War marks the end of Republicans caring about black people and the beginning of Democrats pretending to care.

1892:

Grover Cleveland becomes the first and only president to be elected to two nonconsecutive terms. He was also a Democrat. So, you know, that’s something.

1932:

Democrats enact the New Deal, a novel program in American government with the purpose of serving the interests of their constituents.

1976:

Jimmy Carter elected president, ushering in weeks of peace and prosperity.

https://www.theonion.com/timeline-of-th ... 1826641163

Tero
Just saying

Post by Tero » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Democrats slowly getting the message: Hillary generation and Pelosi have to move on:
Where do House Democratic leaders go from here?
Crowley was an answer to a question that Democrats on Capitol Hill have been asking themselves — under their breath — for the past year: Who will lead our caucus in the next Congress?

Barring a massive wave election that sweeps in 40 or 50 new Democrats, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s days leading the conference could be over: Democrats might move on if they didn’t take back the House, or they might win a narrow majority achieved on the backs of new members who had said they intend to vote for a new leader when they got to Washington.
There are two members ahead of Crowley on House Democrats’ totem pole: Minority Whip Steny Hoyer and Assistant Minority Leader James Clyburn. But neither Hoyer, 79, nor Clyburn, who will be 78 next month, screams “fresh face.”
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... sis-678811

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:42 pm

I dont think it will happen. How do you see an election wave like that in the present climate? With the corruption and the Russians? No way. The Russians would love to see the total economic collapse that Trump is causing. I wonder how much they paid him?

It is unbelievable but these are the times we live in.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".