Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Celebrity Sexual Harassment Charge Sheet

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:17 pm

I'll never be able to read the Narnia books to my grandkids now.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Tero
Just saying
About me: 15-32-25

Post by Tero » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:32 pm

https://esapolitics.blogspot.com
http://esabirdsne.blogspot.com/
Said Peter...what you're requesting just isn't my bag
Said Daemon, who's sorry too, but y'see we didn't have no choice
And our hands they are many and we'd be of one voice
We've come all the way from Wigan to get up and state
Our case for survival before it's too late

Turn stone to bread, said Daemon Duncetan
Turn stone to bread right away...

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:09 am

George W. Bush 'Chased a Lot of Pussy and Drank a Lot of Whiskey' in His Youth, He Says in a New Book

https://www.yahoo.com/news/george-w-bus ... ign=buffer

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am

But then he got Jesus - so that's OK.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.

There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:55 pm

DRSB wrote:George W. Bush 'Chased a Lot of Pussy and Drank a Lot of Whiskey' in His Youth, He Says in a New Book

No fucking way!

A teenager and college guy chased girls and drank? The fact that such a person was able to succeed in the respectable world of American politics is beyond surprising. I mean, politicians are moderate drinkers, and almost exclusively sexually monogamous, even as teenagers. The suggestion that a teenager and college guy between the ages of 17 and 22 would be out there "chasing pussy" - I mean - shocking.

What really ought to raise an eyebrow is a college guy getting arrested for "borrowing" a Christmas wreath. I mean, the idea of college kids getting crazy and doing wild stuff, stealing small items, and engaging in pranks as college students. That's really outrageous and unacceptable in polite society.

The biggest "bombshell" in the link was that the Bushes didn't vote for Trump. I mean, the Republican candidate that the Republican establishment actively opposed and actively worked against, even to the point of having a party faction called "Never Trump".... for key establishment Republicans to not have supported Trump, whose policies were at odds with standard, traditional Republican Party planks -- I mean, where'd that come from? Whodathunkit?
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:10 pm

DRSB wrote:Trump harassed by women, he, he! :funny:
Ex-Trump security chief testifies he rejected 2013 Russian offer of women for Trump in Moscow
Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's long-time confidant Keith Schiller privately testified that he rejected a Russian offer to send five women to then private-citizen Trump's hotel room during their 2013 trip to Moscow for the Miss Universe pageant, according to multiple sources from both political parties with direct knowledge of the testimony.

Schiller, Trump's former bodyguard and personal aide, testified that he took the offer as a joke, two of the sources said. On their way up to Trump's hotel room that night, Schiller told the billionaire businessman about the offer and Trump laughed it off, Schiller told the House intelligence committee earlier this week.
After several minutes outside of Trump's door, which was Schiller's practice as Trump's security chief, he said he left.
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/09/polit ... index.html
LOL - CNN reporting is hilarious. They can take a story which is a vindication of Trump's own behavior, and present it with a raised eyebrow as if it somehow indicates something negative to Trump. Schiller testifies that a representative of a "billionaire Russian oligarch" who is reportedly "close" to Putin told Schiller that they could send up 5 women to Trump's room that night. Trump immediately laughs it off as a joke, and says he's not interested. Schiller hangs about for a few minutes, then leaves. And, the ominous tone of the newscaster presents the fact that Schiller could not account for what happened after that. What do they want us to fill in there? What supposedly happened during the time when Schiller could not monitor the behavior of Trump in Trump's room.

Trump also likely went to take a shit without Schiller watching him. Schiller cannot account for what happened in those bathrooms.

That's big news for CNN.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Forty Two wrote:
DRSB wrote:George W. Bush 'Chased a Lot of Pussy and Drank a Lot of Whiskey' in His Youth, He Says in a New Book

No fucking way!

A teenager and college guy chased girls and drank? The fact that such a person was able to succeed in the respectable world of American politics is beyond surprising. I mean, politicians are moderate drinkers, and almost exclusively sexually monogamous, even as teenagers. The suggestion that a teenager and college guy between the ages of 17 and 22 would be out there "chasing pussy" - I mean - shocking.

What really ought to raise an eyebrow is a college guy getting arrested for "borrowing" a Christmas wreath. I mean, the idea of college kids getting crazy and doing wild stuff, stealing small items, and engaging in pranks as college students. That's really outrageous and unacceptable in polite society.

The biggest "bombshell" in the link was that the Bushes didn't vote for Trump. I mean, the Republican candidate that the Republican establishment actively opposed and actively worked against, even to the point of having a party faction called "Never Trump".... for key establishment Republicans to not have supported Trump, whose policies were at odds with standard, traditional Republican Party planks -- I mean, where'd that come from? Whodathunkit?
If it goes without saying that this is the normal behaviour of college students and teenagers, why put it in the book? Why make a special point of it?

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:28 pm

Because it pissed off the liberals? :dunno:

Frank Zappa

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:26 pm

Confession is good for the non-existent soul... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:23 am

St Paul's girls' school in London at centre of sexual abuse claims

Former pupils of £24,000-a-year school make allegations of historical abuse from 1970s to 90s after #MeToo campaign

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... use-claims

Frank Zappa

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:43 am

Forty Two wrote:
Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Not Poe. Check out her youtube channel. She's quite good. She's Bearing's wife or girlfriend. That's why they use the same cartoon character, with Sugartits having a little bow to misogynistically designate her self as a female.
Not really sure about the takeaway message in that then. What do you think it is? Is it making a general point or a specific one?
If you had to guess, what would you think she intended to say with that video?
That, when it comes to allegations of sexual harassment/abuse, women are unreliable witnesses to events and don't really understand their own feelings or intuitions about the actions, let alone the motivations, of others, and therefore can't be trusted to accurately report what did or didn't happen.

Frank Zappa

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 pm

The video said nothing about reliability of witness, or whether women understand their own feelings/intuitions. It did not suggest that people were inaccurately reporting what happened. What was discussed was the seriousness, or lack thereof, a touch on the knee and whether a touch on the knee was sexual harassment. Where was there any suggestion that women don't understand their own feelings? The panel was exclusively women, as was the narrator. They all have their own feelings/intuitions on the topic, and were all perfectly capable of expressing them.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:43 pm

Forty Two wrote:The video said nothing about reliability of witness, or whether women understand their own feelings/intuitions.
I know, but it casts doubt doesn't it: women citing sexual harassment/abuse don't really know what a touch on the knee really means or signifies.
It did not suggest that people were inaccurately reporting what happened.
I know, but the video implies that women citing a touch on the knee as an incident of sexual harassment/abuse are not really understanding what was or might have been going on - they're blowing something they should be OK with out of all proportion.
What was discussed was the seriousness, or lack thereof, a touch on the knee and whether a touch on the knee was sexual harassment. Where was there any suggestion that women don't understand their own feelings?
Sure, but where women cite a touch on the knee etc etc it implies that they can't tell the difference between a creep or a nice guy or come to a rational judgement about whether that act was OK or not.

[quoteThe panel was exclusively women, as was the narrator. They all have their own feelings/intuitions on the topic, and were all perfectly capable of expressing them.[/quote]
Sure, so how about you expressing your feelings/intuitions on the topic of the takeaway message of the video?

Frank Zappa

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:53 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
Forty Two wrote:The video said nothing about reliability of witness, or whether women understand their own feelings/intuitions.
I know, but it casts doubt doesn't it: women citing sexual harassment/abuse don't really know what a touch on the knee really means or signifies.
All the women discussing the issue had differing views on knee touches. Which one was right?
Brian Peacock wrote:
It did not suggest that people were inaccurately reporting what happened.
I know, but the video implies that women citing a touch on the knee as an incident of sexual harassment/abuse are not really understanding what was or might have been going on - they're blowing something they should be OK with out of all proportion.
Is nothing ever blown out of proportion? If I say that I felt a woman touching my forearm and hand during a lunch appointment was sexual harassment, because I interpreted it to mean she had an interest and affection for me, am I right? If someone says that a touch on the hand/arm is not sexual harassment, have I been accused of inaccurately reporting what happened?
Brian Peacock wrote:
What was discussed was the seriousness, or lack thereof, a touch on the knee and whether a touch on the knee was sexual harassment. Where was there any suggestion that women don't understand their own feelings?
Sure, but where women cite a touch on the knee etc etc it implies that they can't tell the difference between a creep or a nice guy or come to a rational judgement about whether that act was OK or not.
It doesn't mean that at all. It means that even a creep engaging in behavior which is not sexual harassment is not, at that time, committing sexual harassment. A nice guy does not have greater license to touch knees, does he?
Brian Peacock wrote:
[quoteThe panel was exclusively women, as was the narrator. They all have their own feelings/intuitions on the topic, and were all perfectly capable of expressing them.
Sure, so how about you expressing your feelings/intuitions on the topic of the takeaway message of the video?[/quote]

That including a touch on the knee among acts of significant sexual assault in order to claim that our society today is rife with sexual harassment is ridiculous. That's exactly what the older lady was saying. The younger lady with the dark hair said that sexual assault/harassment is a coninuum, but it all needs to be treated as such. And, the older lady was saying, basically, give me a break, you're including trifles among serious offenses, and that even if a person did touch your knee with a prurient interest that doesn't mean it's something more than a touch on the knee.

The women in the video also made the point that what the feminist movement is doing now is training women to see themselves as victims. The older lady explained that too - where she said that feminism used to say that women were strong, independent and capable, and now they're saying that trifles are sexual assault and that women are cowering victims.

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946

Post by Brian Peacock » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Are we talking about the same video? The one which said that touching a knee was a trivial action that didn't signify anything in particular and should be cited in allegations of sexual harassment/abuse? :ask:

Frank Zappa