Ecocide watch.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Re: Ecocide watch.

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 am

JimC wrote:
pErvinalia wrote:I agree with what you're saying, but this:
Animavore wrote:So now the US has a government which sees fit to exasperate the problem by supporting their fossil industry backers. By using tax payer money to subsidise coal.
"now"? They've had a government like that for a long time. While it is right to call out Trump and the Republicans for what they are doing, the Democrats have been only slightly less destructive.
It's more that the subsidies to coal of the past were at least on a trend of being reduced,
Were they?
Last edited by pErvinalia on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:07 am

Beginning to in some jurisdictions I thought...

The key point is that Trump wants not just to maintain the unstated subsidies, but add new ones.
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:12 am

Yeah, there's no question that he's worse than the Democrats. But we shouldn't forget that the Democrats aren't clean in this regard.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:41 am

Animavore wrote:So now the US has a government which sees fit to exasperate the problem by supporting their fossil industry backers. By using tax payer money to subsidise coal.
"now"? They've had a government like that for a long time. While it is right to call out Trump and the Republicans for what they are doing, the Democrats have been only slightly less destructive.
The Dems would've pushed Obama's hugely bold Clean Energy Plan which would've removed tons of carbon from the atmosphere, something equivalent to removing every car from the roads, instead of scealping it in favour of causinv deliberate harm like that rusted turd and his maggot infested administration.

To say they are somewhat equally bad is silliness.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:22 am

Just another reminder what this bunch of criminal scum are really up to while everyone's talking about the latest, moronic tweet from the empty vessel sitting in the White House.

[quote="SkyMutt";p="2595948"]It will take the United States some time to recover from the Trump administration.

"How Trump is dismantling a pillar of the American state" | The Guardian
There is no shortage of adjectives to describe the Trump presidency. Venal. Shameless. Bigoted. Impulsive. Feckless. Amid the never-ending stream of scandals and outrages, it is easy to lose sight of just what this administration is doing well – and where it is proving to be spectacularly disciplined, calculating and effective.

Donald Trump is presiding over the most withering, devastating, and trenchant attack on the American administrative state this nation has ever known.

The administrative state, a pillar of modern American government, is tasked with making and enforcing economic and environmental regulations, designing and running social welfare programs, fighting crime and corruption, providing for the national defense and so much more.

Yet, in a little more than nine months, Trump has taken aim and hit his bull’s-eye. Far from the public’s gaze, he’s rescinded, rolled backed, and reversed countless environmental, labor, education, transportation, food and drug, and consumer protection rules and regulations.

Cast largely as liberty enhancing, these deregulatory efforts endanger the safety, health, and welfare of all Americans, not to mention a good deal of the rest of the world who depend on the United States to do its part to combat global warming, banking and securities fraud, and worker exploitation.

At the same time, Trump is vilifying the professional bureaucracy, that vast community of apolitical, career officials whose work it is to design, administer, and demand compliance with administrative regulations—and who are, by congressional design and longstanding practice, well positioned to question and challenge the directives of an abusive, impulsive, or simply hyperpartisan president.

Trump has repeatedly referred to the bureaucracy as a “swamp,” which must be drained; his surrogates have repeatedly alleged that these officials are part of a shadowy “Deep State” – and intent on subverting our democracy; and his deputies have taken steps to marginalize their involvement in federal policymaking.

This one-two punch of policy deregulation and bureaucratic delegitimization is a combination that erstwhile White House strategist Steve Bannon gleefully calls the “deconstruction of the administrative state”. Already this deconstruction is turning back the clock, sometimes years, sometimes decades, on the kinds of protections and assurances that enable Americans to be confident and productive participants in the national political economy.

[Continues ...]
[/quote]
Last edited by Animavore on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:40 am

Animavore wrote:
The Dems would've pushed Obama's hugely bold Clean Energy Plan which would've removed tons of carbon from the atmosphere, something equivalent to removing every car from the roads, instead of scealping it in favour of causinv deliberate harm like that rusted turd and his maggot infested administration.

To say they are somewhat equally bad is silliness.
I didn't say they are equally bad.

And perhaps the Dems would have supported Obama's clean energy plan. But track record suggests that they probably wouldn't, and even if they did it's nowhere near enough. It's like shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:10 am

Trump is environmentally friendly! :prof:

Since the World is overpopulated, giving heart attacks to delusional global warming believing fanatics is good :{D
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:27 pm

"This is a very different kind of environmental protection." LOL.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Another ignorant science denier put forward by the Trump administration in a position of power over environmental policy: Kathleen Hartnett White (who has degrees in East Asian studies and comparative literature) will very likely be confirmed to chair the Council on Environmental Quality. A recent statement from White:
Carbon dioxide is an odorless, invisible, harmless and completely natural gas lacking any characteristic of a pollutant. It doesn't contaminate or defile the air, as actual pollutants do. Ambient levels of carbon dioxide in the air we breathe have zero adverse health effects, in contrast to high levels of genuine pollutants listed in the Clean Air Act like lead and mercury. With good reason, the EPA has not set health-based limits on the ambient concentration of carbon dioxide. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) does set some advisory levels for prolonged exposure to carbon dioxide in tightly enclosed spaces, but they are set at more than 10 times the current level to which humans are routinely exposed.

Carbon dioxide is also a key ingredient in our food supply, about 60 percent of which depends upon fossil fuel-based fertilizers. How do our national leaders square their public vilification of carbon dioxide with fundamental scientific and economic realities? Such political propaganda has now educated at least two generations of Americans who think carbon is a killer instead of the stuff of life on the earth.
"GOP Senator ‘Worries About Extremist Views’ of Kathleen Hartnett White at Confirmation Hearing"
At one point, Democratic Senator Jeff Merkley, of Oregon, held up a chart from a recent climate report published by the Trump administration finding that there is “no alternative explanation” for climate change other than humans. The chart showed the contribution of humans, solar flares and volcanic activity to climate change, and Merkley asked White whether she accepted the results.

The report, White said, is a “product of the past administration, not this one” and that “there’s incredible difference of opinion among climate scientists.”

“Your positions are so far out of the mainstream, they’re not just outliers they’re outrageous,” said Massachusetts Senator Ed Markey, a Democrat. “You have a fringe voice that denies science and economics and reality.”

White was also asked about her time as chair of the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality. Delaware Senator Tom Carper, the leading Democrat on the committee, homed in on a 2010 KHOU investigation that found that, under White’s leadership, the agency had purposefully underreported radiation levels in drinking water to downplay its danger.

White said the issue was “really technical” and that she would “never ever tell staff to underreport health hazards.”

But KHOU’s reporting found that White, with the green light from Perry, ordered staff to continue fixing the numbers. When asked why the agency didn’t challenge the EPA on strict radiation levels for drinking water instead of fudging the numbers, she told KHOU reporter Mark Greenblatt, “There are legal challenges, because of law not because of science, that are almost impossible to win.”

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Never mind that. Some feminist wrote a story about equality in The Guardian. Priorities.

Seabass
About me: Pluviophile

Post by Seabass » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:09 am

Watch Sen. Whitehouse scorch Trump’s science adviser for not knowing basic science facts
Senator Whitehouse: Do you think that if the ocean warms it expands? Does the law of thermal expansion apply to seawater?

Kathleen Hartnett White: Again, I’m not, I do not have any kind of expertise or even much layman’s study of the ocean dynamics and the climate change issue.
Last edited by Seabass on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." —Voltaire
"They want to take away your hamburgers. This is what Stalin dreamt about but never achieved." —Sebastian Gorka

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:11 am

He needs to do remedial physics with me. There would be many, many detentions...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

Post by rainbow » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:00 pm

I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Apparently Trump's golf course has ruined the SSSI land around His Aberdeenshire golf course.
The surrounding UNIQUE mobile dune ecosystem has been destroyed so it's about to be declassified the local council are begging for him to expand and build another course "to bring the economic benefits he promised"
Now you know why I HATE GOLFIST SCUM !!!!!!!!!!!
ANYONE WHO VOTED FOR THIS BASTARD SHOULD BE BUGGERED TO DEATH WITH A 9 IRON .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:02 pm

'Golfist'. :hehe: