Happy International Blasphemy Day!

Holy Crap!
Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Re: Happy International Blasphemy Day!

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:38 am

Tolerism will save mankind.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:40 am

that's not a blasphemy, that's just silliness.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:41 am

Dang, busted!
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

NineBerry
Tame Wolf

Post by NineBerry » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:58 pm

Centipedes don't have 100 legs. Another thing showing what a total failure God is.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:12 am

pErvin wrote:You need help.
Darwin helps those who help themselves... :tea:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 am

evolve or die without descent more like...

Forty Two
About me: I am the grammar snob about whom your mother warned you.

Post by Forty Two » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:43 pm

Pappa wrote:
blasphemy.jpg
Jesus has no dick?

And, this is offensive. If anybody is doing the sucking, it's Mohamet. He sucks way more than Jesus.
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:47 pm

god is a dick, if there is a god, it is an evil and malevolent control freak of a being.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:49 pm

pErvin wrote:That's not what "hate speech" usually is. It's usually based around inherent traits like gender, sexuality and race.
Gender is not an inherent trait. Sex is an inherent trait. Gender is mutable, and dependent on how people feel or how they "identify." Further, in Canada, Netherlands, Germany, and other countries, hate speech laws extend to religions.

According to Wikipedia, hate speech laws in Oz include religion - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_spee ... _Australia

Fuck Mohamet! The pedophile wanker!
“When I was in college, I took a terrorism class. ... The thing that was interesting in the class was every time the professor said ‘Al Qaeda’ his shoulders went up, But you know, it is that you don’t say ‘America’ with an intensity, you don’t say ‘England’ with the intensity. You don’t say ‘the army’ with the intensity,” she continued. “... But you say these names [Al Qaeda] because you want that word to carry weight. You want it to be something.” - Ilhan Omar

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Hermit wrote:
Forty Two wrote:Blasphemy is hate speech. There is no place in civil society for speech which insults a group or incites hatred against a group. Blasphemy is deeply offensive and hurtful to certain groups.
I regard blasphemy as the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence to a deity. If a human individual or a group of humans feel hated, offended or hurt by it, he/she/they are obviously under the mistaken impression that my insult, contempt or lack of reverence was aimed at them. Given an opportunity, I shall explain the errors of their ways.
[/quote]

Isn't the theory that the individual speaking the words doesn't get to define what's offensive and hurtful to groups protected by hate speech laws? Also, your words might incite hatred by other people toward a protected group. Inciting contempt toward a religion's deity, may incite contempt toward the religion and its adherents.

Forty Two

Post by Forty Two » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Crumple wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Crumple wrote:Atheism is a belief system. :tea:
In so far as a lack of a belief can be.
You are arguing with the wrong one here. I don't believe in anything. :coffee:
I don't believe in nothing.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:45 pm

Forty Two wrote:Isn't the theory that the individual speaking the words doesn't get to define what's offensive and hurtful to groups protected by hate speech laws?
Undoubtedly there are people who hold that theory. The words with which I started my post, ("I regard") and the following ones should have made it abundantly clear that I disagree.
Forty Two wrote:your words might incite hatred by other people toward a protected group.
Protected group? :think: Never mind. Other people would be idiots. I suggest we kill them with fire. And then kill them some more.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Feck

Post by Feck » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Hate speech... I hate : The right wing(in all of it's conservative incarnations ) religion (especially those that want to turn back time to the dark ages )
corn ( maize or whatever you call it, however you cook it) Jazz ( There are not words to describe how odious jazz is; the faintest hint of Jazz can ruin anything )
The French (obviously,who doesn't ? ) Celery ( mostly I blame the french for this, it's the culinary version of jazz )
"spiced" rum ( rancid vanilla flavouring is not a spice ) .
:hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog: :hoverdog:
Give me the wine , I don't need the bread

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:21 am

Forty Two wrote:
pErvin wrote:That's not what "hate speech" usually is. It's usually based around inherent traits like gender, sexuality and race.
Gender is not an inherent trait. Sex is an inherent trait. Gender is mutable, and dependent on how people feel or how they "identify."
immutable =/= inherent. People don't chose their gender like they chose what they will wear that day. It's part of their internal make up. And just because someone at some point decides not to follow the gender assigned to them by society and instead decides to express their inherent gender doesn't mean it is mutable. You are mixing up the expression with the internal state.
Further, in Canada, Netherlands, Germany, and other countries, hate speech laws extend to religions.

According to Wikipedia, hate speech laws in Oz include religion - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_spee ... _Australia
Hmm, I didn't realise religion was so prevalent in hate speech laws. It bloody well shouldn't be. Fuck religion.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.