"Alt-left" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

rainbow
About me: Egal wie dicht du bist, Goethe war Dichter

"Alt-left" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by rainbow » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:03 am

'IT WASN'T POSSIBLE' Nasa challenged to PROVE it landed astronauts on the moon
NASA has been urged to provide conclusive proof once and for all that the moon landings were real and not faked.

Taking part in a speakers' panel at the 27th annual Glastonbury Symposium, an annual conference dedicated to the paranormal, conspiracy theories, alternative thought, and new age philosophies, Mr Allen said: "I don't believe man landed on the moon. If Nasa or anyone else can prove it, I am waiting to hear, because I can't work it out.

"It is the 50th anniversary apparently, but how did they do it?

"If it was so easy in the 1960s, surely they could do it any day now, and so could Russia, Japan, India, even North Korea."

Mr Allen went on to suggest that Nasa has since admitted - in a round about way - that it is not really possible for space travel beyond the Van Allen belt.
https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/83 ... -Symposium
I call bullshit - Alfred E Einstein
BArF−4

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Re: "Alt-left" Parading Ignorance, Stupidity, Malice, Etc.

Post by JimC » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:47 am

To me, this is not "alt-left" but anti-ra

(which stands for anti rationalists)
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Tyrannical

Post by Tyrannical » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:02 am

I thought we left a mirror on the moon that a laser could be bounced off of as proof..........
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:48 am

Don't want the swiveleyed would-be bruisers to get all the publicity. Trying to determine who's described by the term isn't straight-forward; who if anyone is waving that particular banner? Black bloc anti-fa? Bernie bros? Those who insist on 'purity' in the progressive movement? Zealots for social justice? James Wolcott does a workmanlike job of delineating the alt-right in "Why the Alt-Left is a Problem, Too", but neglects to do the same for the 'alt-left' even as he deplores it.
The alt-right receives the meatiest share of attention in the media, as it should. It’s powerful, vicious, steeped in neo-Nazi ideology, nativist white supremacy, men’s-rights misogyny, and Ayn Rand capitalist übermensch mythos, and it heralds a conquering hero in the White House in President Donald J. Trump, while the former executive chairman of the venereally right-wing Breitbart News, Steve Bannon, functions as despot whisperer, trickling Iago-ish poison into Trump’s receptive skull. The alt-left can’t match that for strength, malignancy, or tentacled reach, but its dude-bros and “purity progressives” exert a powerful reality-distortion field online and foster factionalism on the lib-left.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:55 am

The 'alt-left' believe a lot of the same shite as the alt-right for different reasons. Even fucking stupid shit like the Holocaust was fiction! But rather than because they think the Nazis were misunderstood heroes it's because they believe it was a Zionist plot which ties into the current apartheid we see now in Israel and Palestine.
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Tyrannical wrote:I thought we left a mirror on the moon that a laser could be bounced off of as proof..........
That is what they want you to believe.
BArF−4

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:02 am

Facebook declares WAR on CHILDREN: Censors independent science that tries to protect infants from medical harm
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-09-f ... -harm.html
BArF−4

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:19 am

Never heard of the mob, so looked it up. Wikipedia to the rescue:
Natural News (formerly NewsTarget, which is now a separate sister site) is a website for the sale of various dietary supplements, promotion of alternative medicine, controversial nutrition and health claims,[2] scientific fake news,[3] and various conspiracy theories,[4] such as "chemtrails", chemophobic claims (including the purported dangers of fluoride in drinking water,[5] anti-perspirants, laundry detergent, monosodium glutamate, aspartame), and purported health problems caused by allegedly "toxic" ingredients in vaccines,[2] including the now-discredited link to autism.[6] It has also spread conspiracy theories about the Zika virus allegedly being spread by genetically modified mosquitoes[7] and purported adverse effects of genetically modified crops, as well as the farming practices associated with and foods derived from them.
I think instead of banning the site Facebook should prepend every post by Natural News with the above paragraph. Then there can be no accusation of censorship AND people get information regarding what those cretins are about.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

L'Emmerdeur
About me: Yuh wust nightmaya!

Post by L'Emmerdeur » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:29 am

rainbow wrote:
Facebook declares WAR on CHILDREN: Censors independent science that tries to protect infants from medical harm
http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-08-09-f ... -harm.html
Hmm, OK rainbow. Either you don't know much about Mike Adams, or you've simply posted this in the wrong thread.
Adams is an ardent anti-technology, conspiracy theory promoting pro-organic advocate who claims biotechnology scientists “are the most despicable humanoids to walk the face of this planet” and that they promote corporate “junk science” and are anti-human. He has promoted such causes as AIDS denialism, 9/11 truther conspiracies, Barack Obama citizenship ‘birther’ claims and is believer in ‘dangerous’ chemtrails and vaccines. He aligns himself with President Trump, portraying the ‘mainstream press” as purveyors of fake news in an attempt to suppress truth tellers, like himself, and has emerged as a rising star in the alt-right movement.

[Emphasis mine]
ETA: Can't say I blame you, though. Mike Adams is a vile charlatan, and familiarizing oneself with his views isn't a pleasant task.

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:29 am

L'Emmerdeur wrote:
Hmm, OK rainbow. Either you don't know much about Mike Adams, or you've simply posted this in the wrong thread.
I hang my head in shame.

In my defense though, you Westerners all look and speak alike.

I'm from Africa, you know?
BArF−4

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Do we all taste the same?
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

rainbow

Post by rainbow » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:54 am

JimC wrote:Do we all taste the same?
Mediterraneans are the best. That diet of garlic and olive oil adds a certain je ne sais quoi. The Irish are nicely marinaded, so are relatively tender. Moravians have an odd flavour.
BArF−4

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:33 am

rainbow wrote:
JimC wrote:Do we all taste the same?
Mediterraneans are the best. That diet of garlic and olive oil adds a certain je ne sais quoi. The Irish are nicely marinaded, so are relatively tender. Moravians have an odd flavour.
Australians are a lucky dip. You never know what you'll get. More than half of us have at least one parent who was born somewhere overseas.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:47 am

From: http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observin ... ing-sites/

"As you're well aware, no telescope on Earth can see the leftover descent stages of the Apollo Lunar Modules or anything else Apollo-related. Not even the Hubble Space Telescope can discern evidence of the Apollo landings. The laws of optics define its limits".

How very convenient. Just sayin' :eddy:

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Rum wrote:From: http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observin ... ing-sites/

"As you're well aware, no telescope on Earth can see the leftover descent stages of the Apollo Lunar Modules or anything else Apollo-related. Not even the Hubble Space Telescope can discern evidence of the Apollo landings. The laws of optics define its limits".

How very convenient. Just sayin' :eddy:
Once we're out of Europe, we'll be able to make our own laws.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.