General Election UK, June 8th...

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Re: General Election UK, June 8th...

Post by mistermack » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:00 am

pErvin wrote: Unions gave us all the worker protections we now take for granted.
Not true actually. In this country, that was done by governments. And Corbyn has put back all prospect of a Labour government by at least ten years, maybe a lot more.
pErvin wrote: Who gives a fuck about the Falklands?
I do. And the Argies do. And the people living there do.
pErvin wrote: The pacifist thing is a bit naive, but youve got bigger problems than some imaginary invasion.
I agree, while they are imaginary, you don't need any weapons at all.
It gets a little more tricky when they become real, and you only have sticks.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:35 am

mistermack wrote:I don't read any right wing press, or believe the shit they peddle.
You just vote Tory or UKIP because you are special.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:45 am

mistermack wrote:
pErvin wrote:Unions gave us all the worker protections we now take for granted.
Not true actually. In this country, that was done by governments.
Orly? I believe the government brought the army in to break that attempt by union members to prevent wage reductions and worsening conditions.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm

mistermack wrote:
pErvin wrote: Unions gave us all the worker protections we now take for granted.
Not true actually. In this country, that was done by governments.
:roll: you know what i mean.
And Corbyn has put back all prospect of a Labour government by at least ten years, maybe a lot more.
Only because the middle and lower classes are too stupid to vote for whats good for them. As the article explains (more or less).

pErvin wrote: Who gives a fuck about the Falklands?
I do. And the Argies do. And the people living there do.
Great. Vote for someone who will screw you and yours over because 20 people on the other side of the globe want to be British.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy
About me: Dijkbeschermer

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm

The Falklands were a waste of life and now a waste of money.
"Wat is het een gezellig boel hier".

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:45 pm

there must be a strategic or economic reason for the gummint to be so attached to these specks.
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Cant see any but who am I?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:47 pm

Imperialistic thinking and for the nationalist vote from the simpletons.
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:47 pm

pErvin wrote:Imperialistic thinking and for the nationalist vote from the simpletons.
Must be.

Scot Dutchy

Post by Scot Dutchy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Argentina: Brexit could end Europe's support for UK control of Falklands
Argentinian foreign minister, Susana Malcorra, says government is closely following case of disputed islands but ‘it is still quite early’

Argentina believes Brexit might cost Britain the support of European allies for its control of the Falkland Islands and is watching developments closely, the Argentinian foreign minister said in Brussels.

Visiting the EU capital for trade talks on Thursday, Susana Malcorra stressed it was too soon to say whether Britain quitting the bloc might soften EU backing for London against an 18th-century claim to the South Atlantic islands that Buenos Aires has maintained despite losing a brief war there in 1982.

“The European Union, through its agreements, is connected very closely and strongly to the United Kingdom,” Malcorra told reporters when asked if Brexit could have an impact on the Falklands dispute, on which the 16-month-old administration of President Mauricio Macri has taken a more conciliatory approach.

“It could be that things change there. But I think it is still quite early. Brexit is just starting and there are many issues. We are following it carefully.“

More...
Oh no! :hehe:

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:14 pm

mistermack wrote:..I'll still vote to keep Corbyn out. He's nothing but a poodle of the unions, and I've lived through the period when they ran the place...
Whereas the Conservatives are the poodles of the hedge funds, The City, tax-dodging non-doms and oligarchs, and the The Austerity is their plan and the period we're living through now.

You could always vote Lib Dem I suppose. :funny:
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Brian Peacock
Tipping cows since 1946
About me: Ablate me:

Post by Brian Peacock » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Scot Dutchy wrote:
Argentina: Brexit could end Europe's support for UK control of Falklands
Argentinian foreign minister, Susana Malcorra, says government is closely following case of disputed islands but ‘it is still quite early’

Argentina believes Brexit might cost Britain the support of European allies for its control of the Falkland Islands and is watching developments closely, the Argentinian foreign minister said in Brussels.

Visiting the EU capital for trade talks on Thursday, Susana Malcorra stressed it was too soon to say whether Britain quitting the bloc might soften EU backing for London against an 18th-century claim to the South Atlantic islands that Buenos Aires has maintained despite losing a brief war there in 1982.

“The European Union, through its agreements, is connected very closely and strongly to the United Kingdom,” Malcorra told reporters when asked if Brexit could have an impact on the Falklands dispute, on which the 16-month-old administration of President Mauricio Macri has taken a more conciliatory approach.

“It could be that things change there. But I think it is still quite early. Brexit is just starting and there are many issues. We are following it carefully.“

More...
Oh no! :hehe:
This is more likely to shake the foundations of wavering Leavers than any amount of rational economic argument.
Rationalia relies on voluntary donations. There is no obligation of course, but if you value this place and want to see it continue please consider making a small donation towards the forum's running costs.
Details on how to do that can be found here.

"It isn't necessary to imagine the world ending in fire or ice.
There are two other possibilities: one is paperwork, and the other is nostalgia."

Frank Zappa

"This is how humanity ends; bickering over the irrelevant."
Clinton Huxley » 21 Jun 2012 » 14:10:36 GMT

Svartalf
Offensive Grail Keeper

Post by Svartalf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:24 pm

Brian Peacock wrote:
mistermack wrote:..I'll still vote to keep Corbyn out. He's nothing but a poodle of the unions, and I've lived through the period when they ran the place...
Whereas the Conservatives are the poodles of the hedge funds, The City, tax-dodging non-doms and oligarchs, and the The Austerity is their plan and the period we're living through now.

You could always vote Lib Dem I suppose. :funny:
Shhh, there are truths some people would rather not hear
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug

PC stands for "Patronizing Cocksucker" Randy Ping

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:52 pm

The Falklands are British and will stay that way, as long as we don't elect a prick like Corbyn.
They are just as British, as Hawaii is American. Actually, far more so.

I'm surprised no journalist has quizzed him about whether he would defend them. Maybe the plan is to keep that little gem till close to the end of the seven week campaign, so that it will be still fresh in the voters minds on polling day.

It will be interesting to see which way he jumps. Stick to his pacifist principles, or commit to defending the place. Even if he does, nobody will believe him.

His election could actually trigger a second war.
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:01 pm

mistermack wrote:The Falklands are British and will stay that way, as long as we don't elect a prick like Corbyn.
They are just as British, as Hawaii is American. Actually, far more so.
Not until after 1983. Before then the Kelpers - or Bennies, as the soldiers called them - were restricted in their right to enter and stay in the UK unless they could prove that they had a UK-born parent or grandparent.

But yeah, keep it by all means if it makes you feel better about the present state of the United Kingdom. It's all you have left of the British Empire.