Global Climate Change Science News

Tyrannical

Re: Global Climate Change Science News

Post by Tyrannical » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:21 am

Big global warming scandal breaking, ocean temp data manipulated, more reliable satellite and ocean buoy data thrown out. Whistle blower has nice list of names of who Trump can fire lol
A rational skeptic should be able to discuss and debate anything, no matter how much they may personally disagree with that point of view. Discussing a subject is not agreeing with it, but understanding it.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:23 am

I know without reading that this is manufactured controversy bullshit. What the fuck does the term "whistle-blower" even mean in science? Your paper either passes peer review or it doesn't.

LMFAO!
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:25 am

Never believed in climate change myself. Weather now seems to be exactly like it was when I was younger. Rains when it rains and dry when it is dry. No method or plan, weather doing its own thing. Donald Trump is the visionary who will return us to normalcy. Possibly the greatest leader the world as ever known. :coffee:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:26 am

Just as I thought. Straight up bullshit.

http://mashable.com/2017/02/05/noaa-glo ... 0VUSkcXsq6
Libertarianism: The belief that out of all the terrible things governments can do, helping people is the absolute worst.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:41 pm

A full take down on the so-called "whistle-blower" story.
Whistleblower: ‘I knew people would misuse this.’ They did - to attack climate science.
This weekend, conservative media outlets launched an attack on climate scientists with a manufactured scandal. The fake news originated from an accusation made by former NOAA scientist John Bates about a 2015 paper by some of his NOAA colleagues. The technical term to describe the accusation is ‘a giant nothingburger’ (in this case, a NOAA-thing burger) as Bates clarified in an interview with E&E News:

"The issue here is not an issue of tampering with data, but rather really of timing of a release of a paper that had not properly disclosed everything it was."

Bates later told Science Insider that he was concerned that climate science deniers would misuse his complaints, but proceeded anyway because he felt it was important to start a conversation about data integrity:

"I knew people would misuse this. But you can’t control other people."
Misuse it people did – and how! Bates’ complaints boiled down to the fact that the paper didn’t have “a disclaimer at the bottom saying that it was citing research, not operational, data for its land-surface temperatures.” The Mail on Sunday (just banned by Wikipedia as an unreliable source) warped that minor procedural criticism into the sensationalist headline “Exposed: How world leaders were duped into investing billions over manipulated global warming data.”

The story then spread through the international conservative media like a global warming-intensified wildfire - to Breitbart, Fox News, Drudge Report, Rush Limbaugh, The Daily Caller, The Washington Times, and more. Scott Johnson summed up the fake news story perfectly in an article at Ars Technica:

At its core, though, it’s not much more substantial than claiming the Apollo 11 astronauts failed to file some paperwork and pretending this casts doubt on the veracity of the Moon landing.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... te-science

DRSB

Post by DRSB » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:35 am

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Post by cronus » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:54 am

What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:34 am

The record-breaking heat that made 2016 the hottest year ever recorded has continued into 2017, pushing the world into “truly uncharted territory”, according to the World Meteorological Organisation.

The WMO’s assessment of the climate in 2016, published on Tuesday, reports unprecedented heat across the globe, exceptionally low ice at both poles and surging sea-level rise.

Global warming is largely being driven by emissions from human activities, but a strong El Niño – a natural climate cycle – added to the heat in 2016. The El Niño is now waning, but the extremes continue to be seen, with temperature records tumbling in the US in February and polar heatwaves pushing ice cover to new lows.

“Even without a strong El Niño in 2017, we are seeing other remarkable changes across the planet that are challenging the limits of our understanding of the climate system. We are now in truly uncharted territory,” said David Carlson, director of the WMO’s world climate research programme.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -territory

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:42 am

WMO? World Marxist Organisation. :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Animavore
Nasty Hombre

Post by Animavore » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:15 am

A case of river piracy in Canada. A receding glacier causes a river to disappear in 4 days. The water had been diverted to another river.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... d=36620218

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:46 pm

are challenging the limits of our understanding of the climate system. We are now in truly uncharted territory,” said David Carlson, director of the WMO’s world climate research programme.
:funny: So what's new ?
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:52 pm

Whereas you, armchair old fart, understand it quite well, allegedly... :tea:
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

mistermack
About me: Never rong.

Post by mistermack » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:43 am

I do understand that climate "scientists" don't understand climate.

Understand ?
While there is a market for shit, there will be assholes to supply it.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:17 am

I reckon you struggle to understand which foot goes in which hole in your grandpa y-fronts. Can't put much stock in your understanding of science and climate.

Galaxian
About me: Too old & too far away from the Beloved...

Post by Galaxian » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:26 pm

DRSB wrote:
Always amazed how 99% have no curiosity about matters that they claim knowledge of, such as these ignorant & arrogant 'witnesses' in the video, or the comments in the YouTube video linked to the post. They swallow the BS hook line & sinker, without bothering to research it.

Here are the facts: The tilt of Earth's axis varies by only a tiny amount, totally imperceptible to human senses, or the rising & setting positions of the Sun or its zenith point:
https://celebrating200years.noaa.gov/ma ... gure3.html

Notice that the polar drift is only of the order of 300 milli arcseconds. That is, only 0.0000035556 of its normal inclination of 23.43704°. Notice also that the variation spirals out from its mean, and then spirals back in again. That is true for all small time intervals of decades.

Here's another illustration showing the shift in metres: https://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/q1725.html

Notice that the drift is only several metres. Infact, since the year 1900 it has only been 20 metres! As to the cause, it's easy to research in this age of the information super highway.
A more thorough exposition can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polar_motion

Take care not to confuse the geographical polar motion or drift with the magnetic one, or with axial obliquity or even precession of the quinox; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axial_precession
On a practical level, any telescope with a permanent equatorial mounting (such as Mount Palomar, Yerkes or Pic du Midi) would be put out of kilter if the change in the geographical axis was as extreme as what is claimed in that video, and a million even amateur astronomers would attest to that. :read:
The true seeker looks for the truth wherever it may be and readily accepts it, without shame, without hope for reward and without fear of punishment._Sam Nejad
There's no Mercy. There's no Justice. There is only Natural Selection! _Galaxian
The more important a news item, the more likely that it's a hidden agenda disinformation_Galaxian
"This world of sheeple has no hope!" Thus just 13 years left before extinction by AI_ Galaxian