Outrage! Women only charged 77% at cafe

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Outrage! Women only charged 77% at cafe

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:31 am

For one night only, the self-described “nerd mecca” will be charging its female patrons only 77 per cent of its listed prices in an attempt to highlight the gender wage gap.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015 ... inism-menu

This is so outrageous. Coito and Dave Dodo, please post your outrage here. The more faux, the better!
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

cronus
Black Market Analyst
About me: Illis quos amo deserviam

Re: Outrage! Women only charged 77% at cafe

Post by cronus » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:42 am

For one day only I am a woman too. :coffee:
What will the world be like after its ruler is removed?

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:25 pm

Disgraceful!

It will encourage many fine young men to cross dress for the evening, and it's only a short step from there to a date with Mr Scalpel! :lay:
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:48 am

rEvolutionist wrote:
For one night only, the self-described “nerd mecca” will be charging its female patrons only 77 per cent of its listed prices in an attempt to highlight the gender wage gap.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2015 ... inism-menu

This is so outrageous. Coito and Dave Dodo, please post your outrage here. The more faux, the better!
Long debunked bogus statistics are laughable, this is creationist level bullshit. There has been a equal pay act in the USA since 1964, Any capitalist worth their salt would employ women if they could make a 23% saving on their wages/production costs, they can't because it is against the law. Women make less than men due to their choices in employment, should they be forced to do jobs they don't choose to do to conform to feminist dogma? Also in most Western Countries women retire and get a pension 5 years earlier than men, though in Australia they are weird in their retirement ages, seriously what is it with Australia as they seem to want you to work until you die?

I will give you 2/10 must try harder.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Post by Hermit » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:56 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:Long debunked bogus statistics are laughable, this is creationist level bullshit. There has been a equal pay act in the USA since 1964
Yes, of course, there have been equal pay laws enacted and enforced in many countries. Things are improving all the time. There is no denying it. Speaking anecdotally, when my older sister was a nurse she was paid two thirds the wage of her male counterparts doing the same work with the same qualifications and same length of service. This could not happen in Australia for decades now. And yet gender inequality in pay rates persists. The statistics are neither bogus nor laughable. As I mentioned just a couple of days ago:
...research from Yale that had scientists presented with application materials from a student applying for a lab manager position and who intended to go on to graduate school. Half the scientists were given the application with a male name attached, and half were given the exact same application with a female name attached. Results found that the “female” applicants were rated significantly lower than the “males” in competence, hireability, and whether the scientist would be willing to mentor the student.

The scientists also offered lower starting salaries to the “female” applicants: $26,507.94 compared to $30,238.10.
Linkiepoo to the original study

That is just one example of many.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

DaveDodo007
About me: When ever I behave as a man I am called sexist, It seems being a male is now illegal and nobody sent me the memo. Good job as I would have told them to fuck off.

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:16 am

Hermit wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:Long debunked bogus statistics are laughable, this is creationist level bullshit. There has been a equal pay act in the USA since 1964
Yes, of course, there have been equal pay laws enacted and enforced in many countries. Things are improving all the time. There is no denying it. Speaking anecdotally, when my older sister was a nurse she was paid two thirds the wage of her male counterparts doing the same work with the same qualifications and same length of service. This could not happen in Australia for decades now. And yet gender inequality in pay rates persists. The statistics are neither bogus nor laughable. As I mentioned just a couple of days ago:
...research from Yale that had scientists presented with application materials from a student applying for a lab manager position and who intended to go on to graduate school. Half the scientists were given the application with a male name attached, and half were given the exact same application with a female name attached. Results found that the “female” applicants were rated significantly lower than the “males” in competence, hireability, and whether the scientist would be willing to mentor the student.

The scientists also offered lower starting salaries to the “female” applicants: $26,507.94 compared to $30,238.10.

In specialized work were there is no set salary (equal work, equal pay.) Learn to negotiate what you are worth, no employer gets me unless they are prepared to pay me what I'm worth. I've had no problem with this so far and nor should anyone else who has unique talents. Selling yourself in the job market is part and parcel of this thing we call life.
We should be MOST skeptical of ideas we like because we are sufficiently skeptical of ideas that we don't like. Penn Jillette.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:25 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Hermit wrote:

In specialized work were there is no set salary (equal work, equal pay.) Learn to negotiate what you are worth, no employer gets me unless they are prepared to pay me what I'm worth. I've had no problem with this so far and nor should anyone else who has unique talents. Selling yourself in the job market is part and parcel of this thing we call life.
That is not a rebuttal of what happens in the real world, nor support for the argument that the statistics are laughable or bogus.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:19 am

Hermit wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:
Hermit wrote:

That is not a rebuttal of what happens in the real world, nor support for the argument that the statistics are laughable or bogus.
If you know of anyone breaking these this law then please report them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Pay_Act_of_1963

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:04 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:If you know of anyone breaking these this law then please report them.
Sure.

Did you read my post?

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:09 am

Doubtful. His mind is already made up. Facts have no place in an ideologue's life.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:23 pm

Hermit wrote:
DaveDodo007 wrote:If you know of anyone breaking these this law then please report them.
Sure.

Did you read my post?
Yes, I suggest you read this one, which debunks yours.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/201 ... n-over-men

DaveDodo007

Post by DaveDodo007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:24 pm

rEvolutionist wrote:Doubtful. His mind is already made up. Facts have no place in an ideologue's life.
That's laughable considering you are posting long debunked myths like the pay gap.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:23 pm

DaveDodo007 wrote:
Hermit wrote:
Sure.

Did you read my post?
Yes, I suggest you read this one, which debunks yours.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/201 ... n-over-men
I read it when it came hot off the press. It does not debunk anything.

Scott1328

Post by Scott1328 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:50 am

hermit and rEv, stop thrashing Dave. if you dont stop, he'll start complaining on the other forum about the manginas and white knights that have overrun Rationalia.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff

Post by pErvinalia » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:12 am

DaveDodo007 wrote:
rEvolutionist wrote:Doubtful. His mind is already made up. Facts have no place in an ideologue's life.
That's laughable considering you are posting long debunked myths like the pay gap.
It's not a myth, it's a reality. The only question is why it is that way. The fact that women have kids (and therefore time off) and other factors, doesn't mean that they aren't also paid less when that opportunity presents itself. That's basic logic, something ideologues like you and Seth have no fucking grasp of.