Only in America

Guns don't kill threads; Ratz kill threads!
Hermit
About me: Cantankerous grump

Re: Only in America

Post by Hermit » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:27 pm

You shouldn't be logical with Seth. It confuses him, and then he makes up yet more fairy tales about the Galtian paradise.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Gallstones
Supreme Absolute And Exclusive Ruler Of The World
About me: A fleck on a flake on a speck.

Post by Gallstones » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:46 pm

But here’s the thing about rights. They’re not actually supposed to be voted on. That’s why they’re called rights. ~Rachel Maddow August 2010

The Second Amendment forms a fourth branch of government (an armed citizenry) in case the government goes mad. ~Larry Nutter

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:55 am

There's only 12 months in a year, G. :coffee:
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:51 am

American date formatting, rEv. It rules - in the US - and US citizens of the Gallstones variety don't give a fuck about what the other 6.7 billion people in the rest of this globe think. USA! Ra Ra Ra!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops. - Stephen J. Gould

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:18 am

'Tis a damned ugly way to write a date. Borderline offensive.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:42 am

Indeed. I can see the reasoning behind a high - middle - low sequence of listing time units as well as the reverse, but going from month down to day, then up again to year is totally retarded.

pErvinalia
On the good stuff
About me: Spelling 'were' 'where'

Post by pErvinalia » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:28 pm

why do you hate freedom, Hermit??
Sent from my penis using wankertalk.
"The Western world is fucking awesome because of mostly white men" - DaveDodo007.
"Socialized medicine is just exactly as morally defensible as gassing and cooking Jews" - Seth. Yes, he really did say that..
"Seth you are a boon to this community" - Cunt.
"I am seriously thinking of going on a spree killing" - Svartalf.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:05 am

Hermit wrote:Indeed. I can see the reasoning behind a high - middle - low sequence of listing time units as well as the reverse, but going from month down to day, then up again to year is totally retarded.
It's because we care more about what month it is than what day it is.
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Hermit

Post by Hermit » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:59 am

Seth wrote:
Hermit wrote:Indeed. I can see the reasoning behind a high - middle - low sequence of listing time units as well as the reverse, but going from month down to day, then up again to year is totally retarded.
Oh, I see. Formatting a date in a proper sequence is clear evidence for caring less about what month it is than what day.

JimC
The sentimental bloke
About me: To be serious about gin requires years of dedicated research.

Post by JimC » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:06 am

Seth wrote:
So, about 30 times less precise than the rest of the world... :tea:

I suppose it's better than putting the year first...
Nurse, where the fuck's my cardigan?
And my gin!

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:11 pm

Hermit wrote:
Seth wrote:
Oh, I see. Formatting a date in a proper sequence is clear evidence for caring less about what month it is than what day.
What the heck do you mean by "proper sequence?" You nutbars drive on the wrong side of the road, so who are you to blather on about "proper" anything?
"Seth is Grandmaster Zen Troll who trains his victims to troll themselves every time they think of him" Robert_S

"All that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Those who support denying anyone the right to keep and bear arms for personal defense are fully complicit in every crime that might have been prevented had the victim been effectively armed." Seth

© 2013/2014/2015/2016 Seth, all rights reserved. No reuse, republication, duplication, or derivative work is authorized.

Seth
GrandMaster Zen Troll

Post by Seth » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:11 pm

JimC wrote:
Seth wrote:
So, about 30 times less precise than the rest of the world... :tea:

I suppose it's better than putting the year first...
No, we're just less obsessed than Europeans with what the date is.

Rum
Absent Minded Processor

Post by Rum » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:05 pm

This thread, depressing is very.

Clinton Huxley
19th century monkeybitch.

Post by Clinton Huxley » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:31 pm

They probably have stopwatches with hours, seconds, minutes. Damned brutish colonials.

laklak
About me: My preferred pronoun is "Massah"

Post by laklak » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:41 pm

Jeez Louise, the proper format is yyyymmdd, as any programmer can tell you. That's if you don't speak Julian.

We got lots of OIA stuff. Here's shrimp and cheese grits. Beat that, Limeys!

Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion, man.